Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Reasons why Russell Westbrook is the best Point Guard in the NBA

1. Scoring: Westbrook is the most explosive player in the league. He can get to the basket and finish with contact. He has developed a solid mid range game along with a three. Shoots 33.3% from three, 80.3% from the line. Currently Westbrook is the second highest scoring point guard in the league at 22.6 points per game

2. Defense: Westbrook looks down apposing point guards with his stifling defense. Westbrook averages 2 steals per game which ranks top 5 in the NBA.

3. Passing ability: Many people are under the impression that Westbrook is a hog. He still dishes out 8.3 assist per game, which ranks top 5 in the NBA

4. Rebounding: Westbrook pulls down the most rebounds of any point guard at 5.3 per game.

5. Durability: Westbrook has not missed a basketball game, which dates back to high school

Westbrook is the most rounded point guard in the NBA that gives you the full package, and is the leader, of the new generation of point guards.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/...ghts-video.jpg
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 01-26-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: image

vCash
    And OKC is a large market. What other myths do you have up your sleeve?

vCash
    Troll.

vCash
    First off, Rondo pulls off more rebounds at 5.6 per game.
    Second, Derrick Rose is much more explosive than Westbrook.
    Third, how is a guy like Jrue Holiday averaging more assists with a pathetic team?

vCash
    Reason why Russell Westbrook is not the best point guard in the NBA: He is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    I feel like you're trolling and likely a dupe, but no, Chris Paul embodies everything that it means to be an elite point, including better D than Wessy. He's being caught up to quickly by the Irving's, Curry's and Jrue's of the world as well. And we'll see how D. Rose comes back. All that said, he's a stud. Just not the best. He racks disciprine.

vCash
    22ppg on 42%FG, 52%TS, yeah, nice one.

Rondo has him beat with rebounds per game, and look at their size difference.

I take Parker over Westbrook any day.

vCash
    I stopped reading after the OP mentioned 33% 3 point range. Chalmers must me MJ if that's the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicReason View Post
    1. Scoring: Westbrook is the most explosive player in the league. He can get to the basket and finish with contact. He has developed a solid mid range game along with a three. Shoots 33.3% from three, 80.3% from the line. Currently Westbrook is the second highest scoring point guard in the league at 22.6 points per game

2. Defense: Westbrook looks down apposing point guards with his stifling defense. Westbrook averages 2 steals per game which ranks top 5 in the NBA.

3. Passing ability: Many people are under the impression that Westbrook is a hog. He still dishes out 8.3 assist per game, which ranks top 5 in the NBA

4. Rebounding: Westbrook pulls down the most rebounds of any point guard at 5.3 per game.

5. Durability: Westbrook has not missed a basketball game, which dates back to high school

Westbrook is the most rounded point guard in the NBA that gives you the full package, and is the leader, of the new generation of point guards.

1. on less than efficient shooting (#216 in EFG%)
    2. defense is more than just steals per game. Steals are a bonus, but opposing fg% should be the measure, or Defensive efficiency. He may be good, I didn't check the stats, but quoting me Stl/gm isn't the best case to make
    3. There a difference between effective passing and passing by necessity. Westbrook can get to the rim, and defenses collapse on him, so half of those assists may be an assist out of necessity rather than the construct of a creative play. Although the result is the same, having a high assist rate isn't the be all and end all of passing ability.
    4. yeah, he's a good rebounder, but that's not the most important aspect of a good PG
    5. durability's nice. But his game is based on athleticism, I worry about westbrook once his starts to wane and he must rely on his bball IQ instead.

He's a good player, but he is not, and is actually nowhere near the ideal mold for a PG IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    First off, Rondo pulls off more rebounds at 5.6 per game.
    Second, Derrick Rose is much more explosive than Westbrook.
    Third, how is a guy like Jrue Holiday averaging more assists with a pathetic team?
    Rondo shouldn't be in the same sentence as Westbrook... rondo cannot score, its not all about ast, new generation of point guards boy...
    Talk to me about Rose when he comes back from injury till then ThunderUp oceanboy

vCash
    Reasons why he isn't: Chris Paul still plays basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    this has to be a dupe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicReason View Post
    Rondo shouldn't be in the same sentence as Westbrook... rondo cannot score, its not all about ast, new generation of point guards boy...
    Talk to me about Rose when he comes back from injury till then ThunderUp oceanboy
    are you just strictly talking combo guards? In that case, Parker >> Westbrook.
    If you aren't, then CP3 >>>>> Westbrook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    22ppg on 42%FG, 52%TS, yeah, nice one.

Rondo has him beat with rebounds per game, and look at their size difference.

I take Parker over Westbrook any day.
    Parker over Westbrook that shows you don't watch basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    I stopped reading after the OP mentioned 33% 3 point range. Chalmers must me MJ if that's the case.
    Chalmers averages 22 points also... come on son

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast