Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it wrong to be happy that the Lakers are struggling?

I hate the preponderance of Lakers threads as much as the next guy and I'm loathe to ever create a hate or bait thread, but I just can't help but feel vindicated, satisfied and just downright giddy that the Lakers are struggling. I've never ever had a vendetta against any non-rival team so this is strange for me. But the Magic suck and I need something to root for (or against) and this has sustained me.

Is this wrong? (Nothing personal Lakers fans)
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Nope not at all. It's right to be happy about it.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Nope! It makes perfect sense. Especially on this site! Their fans deserve this. They earned it!!

That said there are some decent Laker fans. This post goes out to the banner pointers and LeBron in 2014ers.

vCash
    Not If your a suns fan

vCash
    Haha, Lakers fans have been a thorn in EVERYONE'S side the past decade. There's areas that simply don't know how to win and Lakers fans are pretty much the definition of that.

vCash
    Not unless your a Lakers fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    I'm actually disappointed because LAL has been such a storied franchise and the playoffs won't be as entertaining. C'mon, a LAL vs Heat matchup would break records solely because LBJ and Kobe are still the top two stars.

vCash
    not at all. For the same reason why we were all doing the same to the knicks when Isiah was mad at the wheel of that franchise.

vCash
    It's normal and understandable. Teams that are successful for long periods of time are often hated, so it comes with the deal. Nobody has dominated the modern NBA like the Lakers. Since 1980 the Lakers have 16 conference titles and 10 championships.

Yankees, Lakers, Man U, Celtics, etc. all receive a lot of hate too.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, because I think our title window has closed for a couple years (unless Dwight re-ups), but this is often how sports works. Success often leads to hate, and I'm certainly no different. I hate Man U lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    It's normal and understandable. Teams that are successful for long periods of time are often hated, so it comes with the deal. Nobody has dominated the modern NBA like the Lakers. Since 1980 the Lakers have 16 conference titles and 10 championships.

Yankees, Lakers, Man U, Celtics, etc. all receive a lot of hate too.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, because I think our title window has closed for a couple years (unless Dwight re-ups), but this is often how sports works. Success often leads to hate, and I'm certainly no different. I hate Man U lol
    I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, it's hard to not hate a team when their star player brags about winning the championship before they played a game.

vCash
    Of course not... 5 championships 7 finals in the last 12 years... name another NBA team remotely close to that...

Enjoy it while it lasts, history has proven it doesn't last for long...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Of course not...........Lakers are always a team contending and are that team you HATE if your not a fan of theirs because they win so much. Only problem is you wont be able to enjoy it long cause the Lakers are never down long so enjoy and bask in this as long as you can lol

Im sure they will make a trade and get Lebron and Bosh for Gasol somehow lmao

vCash
    it's not wrong, you are just a d1ck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, it's hard to not hate a team when their star player brags about winning the championship before they played a game.
    LeBron James.

vCash
    you have every right to be happy.

but laker struggles usually dont last long.

2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers
    The Story Continues

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast