Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: That 2013 Mock.

vCash

That 2013 Mock.

1. Kansas City Chiefs- LT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
    The Chiefs actually have a lot of talent on this roster, but they have some glaring holes (holes that made them 2-14). QB is definitely one of them, but the QBs suck in this draft class. Chiefs wait till round two for a QB, and go after Joeckel, their future LT to replace FA Brandon Albert.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
    I keep on going back and forth on this pick with Werner and Damontre Moore. Werner seems to be a guy with more interior pass rushing skills, while Moore is more of the speed rusher. Jags need interior pass rush badly, so they take Werner.

3. Oakland Raiders- DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
    Most people keep on thinking that DT Star Lotulelei will be the pick here, and while he’s a great prospect, Moore is that type of speed demon that the Raiders seem to love. And he will be great at the combine. Its not a bad pick, at all, while its not the most common.

4. Philadelphia Eagles- OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
    Geno Smith running the Chip Kelly offense? That sure could be nice. Or you can put Vick out there, and go Warmack. Kelly ran a lot of run plays with the Ducks, and nobody is better at running sweeps than Warmack, with such power and agility. Eagles fans might not love this pick, because Milliner and others are on the board, but Chance is the man.

5. Detroit Lions- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
    Back to back Bammers here. Yes, they could replace Chris Avril with a pass rusher like Jarvis Jones, but god is their secondary bad. Milliner is by far the best pick here, and its not even close.

6. Cleveland Browns- DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    HC Rob Chudzinski says his Browns will be running hybrid defense, meaning they will run 3-4 and 4-3 packages. Why not go for the most complete pass rusher here, who is very versatile in his own? Jarvis Jones, easy.

7. Arizona Cardinals- Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
    People keep on slotting a QB here, and they really gotta stop. Kolb was 4-1 in starts last year before he got injured. How bout getting some lineman to help out the worst OL in the NFL? Fisher is rolling up these draft boards, and will produce very well at the Combine.

8. Buffalo Bills- LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
    This kid is the future of what a WLB/ILB will be in the NFL. He’s extremely fast and has great cover skills. He’s basically a big safety playing LB. He’s better than Te’o, and you will soon find out why. LOVE this kid, a lot.

9. New York Jets- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
    The Jets have a few positions that are not weaknesses on the defense, DT being one of them. So why pick a DT? Because Rex Ryan isn’t stupid, and he sees a Top 3 player falling to #9, so he takes them, and switches to a 4-3 defense. Star+Pouha is a lot of size up front from the Jets, and Wilkerson at DE makes this DL the kings at stopping the run.

10. Tennessee Titans- DE Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana State
    See Titans, if you didn’t embarrass Mark Sanchez on MNF, you would have had Star Lotulelei. Sucks for you. They still desperately need a pass rusher, and Mingo is one of the most talented pass rushers available.

11. San Diego Chargers- WR Terrence Williams, Baylor
    There isn’t really another OL that should go this high, so they go for the next position of need, WR. Terrence shows a lot of value to me, and he should be the #2 WR in this draft, and is better than Cordarrelle Patterson, who most have slotted as the #1. Williams fits the Chargers system better than the #1 WR, so that’s who they go with.

12. Miami Dolphins- WR Keenan Allen, California
    And here is the #1 WR in this Draft, although some people keep on moving him down, which I see no reason for. Most complete receiver in this draft, and I think he can make an immediate impact for the Dolphins and Tannehill.

13. Tampa Bay Buccanneers- CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
    Greg Schiano is a lot like Bill Belichick when evaluating their players: they usually don’t pick who you think is the best available at that position, and they usually end up picking the right guy. Xavier is a really smart guy with a physical body. They wanted to replace Talib? This is their guy to do so.

14. Carolina Panthers- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
    The Panthers desperately need a DT, and Richardson slightly edges out Hankins for that spot. He’s a better pass rusher, while Hankins is a better run stopper. They need the pass rushing, so the go with Richardson.

15. New Orleans Saints- DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
    And there goes Hankins. Saints need some bodies on the inside, rather than a speed rusher on the outside. Hankins is also really smart, and will love being coached by Sean Payton. He is also a NT in a 3-4 system, one that will probably be used in New Orleans.

16. St. Louis Rams- S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
    The Rams need some help in the secondary, and Vaccaro can definitely help. The best safety in this draft is good in pass coverage and run stopping, and he is just what the Rams need.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers- LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
    James Harrison is on his last legs, so they could use some fresh bodies at the pass rushing situations. Dion Jordan is a beast, and should fit in right away. If they want a replacement for Casey Hampton, Jesse Williams could be the pick

18. Dallas Cowboys- OG Johnathan Cooper, North Carolina
    The Cowboys line, to put it nicely, is not good. They need an upgrade if they want to succeed, and Cooper is a very efficient blocker, who excels in the run game, while doing quite well as a pass blocker.

19. New York Giants- DT John Jenkins, Georgia
    The Giants have excellent pass rushers on the outside with JPP and Tuck, but the inside is nothing to be all so enamored with. John Jenkins is the best available pass rusher from the DT position, and should be immediately rotating in with Joseph and Canty, to give a solid 3 man attack.

20. Chicago Bears- RT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
    The Bears line is absolutely trash, and they will not do well ever if Cutler can’t have time to throw. Gabe Carimi can finally shift to LT, where he should have more success, and Fluker takes over at RT. Fluker can also play LT, even though he is more comfortable at RT.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
    The Bengals already have their stud WR in AJ Green, so why not get his sidekick, which would be Austin. Compared as a Wes Welker type player, he is a very good slot receiver who can also return kicks as well. Fast, good hands, agile; just what you want for a #2.

22. St. Louis Rams (via Redskins)- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
    This move is more of a value move than a positional move. They did select Brian Quick last year in Round Two, but “Nuke” Hopkins is a special player, and he could really help out Bradford in the passing game. I’m also not huge on OT Lane Johnson, who is the next best OT out there.

23. Minnesota Vikings- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
    Does this kid have big play ability or what? Patterson will stretch the field and at 6’3”, he will catch a lot of passes. It may be surprising that he’s still on the board here by some, but Minnesota won’t care, and will snatch him up in a second.

24. Indianapolis Colts- CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State
    The Colts could use a NT, but the value of Banks here is just too good. He’s a lockdown corner, and the combo of him with Vontae Davis is very good. Plus, if Andrew Luck keeps on playing like he did (in reference to Luck’s high interception numbers), the defense will have to step up to make sure they win games.

25. Seattle Seahawks- TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    Eifert is the best TE in the draft, and most say he’s the best TE since Gronk. Good blocker, great receiver, which fits right into the Seahawks style of play. He gives a passing threat up the middle, something they lacked a bit last year.

26. Green Bay Packers- C Barrett Jones, Alabama
    The Packers need a C, badly. Saturday couldn’t handle it at his age, and Dietrich-Smith is average. Barrett is a smart player with a lot of leadership (3x champion at Alabama), and is the most versatile in the Draft, where he can play C, G, or T.

27. Houston Texans- LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
    When Cushing went down this year, so did the Texans. They need a #2 MLB for them, and Te’o could have gone Top 10 before the whole “girlfriend” situation occured. Reed-Te’o-Cushing-Barwin is a very good LB core.

28. Denver Broncos- DT Kawaan Short, Purdue
    Denver’s two starting DTs are free agents. Ouch. They pick up Short, a good pass rusher with a lot of power, which is needed if you want your outside rush to get to the QB as well.

29. New England Patriots- DT Jesse Williams, Alabama
    Williams is probably either #1 or #2 in terms of run stopping, while is good as a pass rusher as well. He would do quite nicely next to Vince. He’s also the strongest player in this entire draft, as he is rumored to try to break the bench record at the Combine. He may not be available at pick 29 if he does really well at the Combine.

30. Atlanta Falcons- DE Ezekial Ansah, Brigham Young
    The Falcons could use another DE pass rusher, to replace Abraham in 2015. Ansah has been compared to Jason Pierre-Paul, so not so bad of a pick, huh? Ansah has, by far, the highest ceiling in this draft out of any player.

31. Baltimore Ravens- S Eric Reid, Louisiana State
    It is being rumored that in addition to it being Ray Lewis’ last game, it will be Ed Reed’s last game as well. So as E.Reed leaves, E.Reid comes in. Eric is the best cover safety available, and he should be able to start as soon as possible.

32. San Francisco 49ers- WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
    The last pick of the 1st round is another WR for the Niners? Hunter, at 6’4”, is probably the closest thing to Randy Moss we’ve had in a while. He needs training still; he’s not ready to come in right away and have a huge impact, but he will have Randy tutor him out for a year, and as the Super Bowl Champs, you can take a project player with high upside.

vCash
    Fluker is ok. I'd take Te'o or Ansah.

vCash
    poo poo Jenkins

vCash
    Ansah would be amazing for Atlanta. I feel he will be long gone though. Especially after the combine.

vCash
    for the jags pick i would lean more towards Moore over werner because our 4-3 is going to be more of the seahawks variety with a Leo and moore seems to me as the better Leo. i however would actually prefer adding Sheldon richardson to play that Jumbo End role which he is prefect for plus i think branch can be a good Leo.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Saints need a Nose and Rush Linebackers. Hankins is a good pick here

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I like this mock. However, you have no QBs in the first round, that won't happen. Although that may occur (a QB being drafted) as a result of a QB needy team trading up, and as it stands you haven't included trades. Overall I like this draft, but if it went this way I'd be disappointed with no pass rusher for the Dolphins and Jesse Williams going to the Patriots.

vCash
    Awesome mock but sadly the pick is a little unbelievable for my Vikings. I don't think he'll fall to 23 but you never know...

vCash
    I think if the Jets take Star, they'd have Wilkerson at DT and not DE. But I have no issues with the pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Fluker is ok. I'd take Te'o or Ansah.
    No way Chicago goes defense. You have a horrendous offensive line that needs to be upgraded ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I like this mock. However, you have no QBs in the first round, that won't happen. Although that may occur (a QB being drafted) as a result of a QB needy team trading up, and as it stands you haven't included trades. Overall I like this draft, but if it went this way I'd be disappointed with no pass rusher for the Dolphins and Jesse Williams going to the Patriots.
    Yeah obviously there will be a QB, but in a mock without trades there won't. A QB will go in the 20's IRL I'm a trade, but no team 20-32 needs a QB. And Jesse is the perfect sidekick to Vince . I feel Keenan will help out your passing game a lot. Not getting the respect he should at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I think if the Jets take Star, they'd have Wilkerson at DT and not DE. But I have no issues with the pick.
    Wilkerson won't play DT over Star or Pouha, and they are running a 4-3 set now, so no he won't. Wilkerson will be an interior pass rusher from a DE spot, or he won't start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    Wilkerson won't play DT over Star or Pouha, and they are running a 4-3 set now, so no he won't. Wilkerson will be an interior pass rusher from a DE spot, or he won't start

Wilkerson blows Pouha out of the water as a 4-3 DT. Pouha is a space eating nose tackle and not much else. Wilkerson was an absolute beast this year. Pouha might be a cap casualty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    for the jags pick i would lean more towards Moore over werner because our 4-3 is going to be more of the seahawks variety with a Leo and moore seems to me as the better Leo. i however would actually prefer adding Sheldon richardson to play that Jumbo End role which he is prefect for plus i think branch can be a good Leo.

You are 100% right; didn't even think about the personnel change. Moore is definitely a better Leo, and I agree about the Richardson pick as well. Now this whole mock is wrong lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    No way Chicago goes defense. You have a horrendous offensive line that needs to be upgraded ASAP

True but there are guys we can get in the 2nd-3rd that are just as good even better than Fluker. Guys like D. Thomas, Pugh, Aboushi, Long, Brennan Williams, and Wagner all fit our scheme. Te'o is a perfect replacement for Urlacher and I would be ecstatic if he fell to 20. Don't see it happening though same with Ansah. Ansah is an absolute stud and will be a top 10 lock after the combine.

vCash
    Giants would take EZ Ansah and rotate who we have with canty fully healthy at DT this year Joseph's last chance and Austin's close to last chance to step it o plus Kuhn who also got hurt and was a surprise (so he hadn't gotten to make an impact/play enough last year ).

Meanwhile osi gone kiwi and tuck are on there way out especially tuck whose declining and older while kiwi holds up at olb as well. We need a young DE ... EZ can play with a guy he's compared to ..not get double teamed or chipped , rotate with tuck and have a great rookie season eventually replacing tuck the next year .

Second we get a CB trufant - banks -Ryan whoever is there or olb to replace kiwi /be a stud MLB/replace boley or a CB to replace Cwebb and push prince ...while Hosley holds down nickel and dime /slot responsibilities.

Third we take reed TE we need a TE ...

4th maybe. The honey badger will still be available , maybe a special teamer or a value pick like Lattimore .

5-7th guys who fall all bpa at KR/pr/gunner positions or depth at CB/RB .