Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How many teams in the West have a better forward rotation than the Nuggets?

I have been thinking that both Gallo and Faried could be top 5 at their respective positions (PF/SF) in the West. Then I thought about Wilson and Brewer being their backups. Are there many teams in the West that have a 4 man rotation at forward that is better than those 4? With all 4 of those guys included you are looking at around 50 points and 24 rebounds per game combined.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Spurs maybe?? The most underrated and least talked about elite team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And it's been that way for years. No one ever gives the Spurs the full credit that they deserve. That doesn't change my hatred of Manu but they have been one hell of a team for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    And it's been that way for years. No one ever gives the Spurs the full credit that they deserve. That doesn't change my hatred of Manu but they have been one hell of a team for a long time.

I would say the Spurs, Thunder, and Grizz are all possibilities but there really are not many that come to my mind.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Lol spurs are not underrated. You hear every year in the media and by fans how tim duncan is greatest PF of all time and how great popavich is.

The one player who is underrated on that team is tony parker no question. Hes the key cog who makes it all work.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    Lol spurs are not underrated. You hear every year in the media and by fans how tim duncan is greatest PF of all time and how great popavich is.

The one player who is underrated on that team is tony parker no question. Hes the key cog who makes it all work.
    Do you hear as much about the Spurs as you do as say the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Thunder, Bulls? That would easily be a no. The Spurs do not get the recognition that any of those teams do, even when those other teams are bad. To say otherwise is ludicrous. And, Tim Duncan is one of the greatest PF's of all time. He deserves the praise that is mildly heaped on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    Do you hear as much about the Spurs as you do as say the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Thunder, Bulls? That would easily be a no. The Spurs do not get the recognition that any of those teams do, even when those other teams are bad. To say otherwise is ludicrous. And, Tim Duncan is one of the greatest PF's of all time. He deserves the praise that is mildly heaped on him.
    All those teams you listed are big market teams. San Antonio is one of the smallest markets therefore no way they get as much attention as a place like LA. The NBA loves marketing its players and one reason why guys like tony parker and tim duncan dont get lebron type hype is because they are not very outspoken or charasmatic.

But believe me. I watch TV and hear the fans. San Antonio gets their due. EVERY YEAR I hear how underrated they are.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    All those teams you listed are big market teams. San Antonio is one of the smallest markets therefore no way they get as much attention as a place like LA. The NBA loves marketing its players and one reason why guys like tony parker and tim duncan dont get lebron type hype is because they are not very outspoken or charasmatic.

But believe me. I watch TV and hear the fans. San Antonio gets their due. EVERY YEAR I hear how underrated they are.
    I understand what you are saying. Sometimes players get called "underrated" so much that they become "overrated" like Shane Battier did at one point but this is not about perception as much as reality. Duncan, Manu, Splitter, Jackson, Blair are a good group.

vCash
    Wait a minute....Duncan has really been playing center for years now so do we have to include the Spurs?

vCash
    I just went by the depth chart that ESPN had him listed...for some reason he's a PF.

vCash
    I just went by the depth chart that ESPN had him listed...for some reason he's a PF.
    Tim played PF for many years. For some reason he did not want to be listed as 7 foot or as a center ealier in his career. Maybe he did not want to go up against Shaq in all star voting. He slowed down in recent years and often plays center now in his later years.

vCash
    As I said before I was at a charity event for the Pepsi Center teams who all had the majority of their players in attendance. Being a Nuggets fan I pretty much could put a name to a face of each player yet had no clue who any of the Avalanche or Mammoth players were at all.

Which begs the question if you walked by Manu Ginobli or Tony Parker or even Tim Duncan in a crowded airport would you even recognize them. I am sure their fans would but to the casual passer by they would just be really tall people.

Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and even CP3 are easy to recognize because of the national commercials and exposure they get everyone else is mired in obscurity.

To get back on topic, the Denver Nuggets roster is populated with nothing but forwards; Andre Igoudala, Danillo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, Jordan Hamilton, Anthony Randolph and Quincy Miller. That's over half the team and don't give that crap that Iggy, Jordan, Corey and even Wilson have played the 2, Iggy is being forced to play the 2 or as many on here have commented our non-shooting guard position and Karl has a hard time playing the rest at the 2 because as everyone has said over and over again that his fall back rotation of comfort is having both point guards on the floor at the same time. The Nuggets would have to have the best forward rotation because that is primarily the makeup of the team.

vCash
    LOL I actually saw Tim Duncan at the Porsche dealer back in 2001 or 2002. He was pretty hard to miss at 7 feet tall.

vCash
    Spurs always fly under the radar which I believe they prefer anyways. They have quietly taken over as the number one team in the league.

vCash
    If Duncan is at center I think the Gallo/Farried/Chandler/Brewer group of forwards looks equal to the Spurs forward rotation.