Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool Ex Raider Cris Johnson Sheds Light On Team Chemistry

In my opinion this tells me a lot regarding camaraderie (or lack there of) in Raiders Locker Room and Team in General. This is the culture that RM, knows he has to change.

Christopher Hansen 23m
    "In Oakland, I almost broke down because I didn't have anyone to talk to. I felt like no one cared." -Ravens CB Chris Johnson

Christopher Hansen 23m
    "Here, not everybody is a loner. You're not by yourself. These are my brothers." -Ravens CB Chris Johnson

WOW......These tweets from Johnson are an eye opener. No wonder at times, it looked like The Raiders don't fight hard enough for it, or don't look like they want it bad enough on Game Days......

We have to build a culture where guys on field want to battle for each other, where they don't want to let guys on the team down.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Its in the past. I am tired of the past. The future is brighter and I truly believe the greatness of the Raiders is in the future. It wasn't always that way.

vCash
    There is just so much work that needs to be doen with this team. This is why i get mad when i heaer people talking about firing RM and DA after a year. There is serious culture issues with this team. THings that dont get changed over night. It will take work and time to bring in new guys who care and have passsion. WE need to get the money thing fixed to bring in these guys. ITs just so much let the professionals have some damn time to do it.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    There is just so much work that needs to be doen with this team. This is why i get mad when i heaer people talking about firing RM and DA after a year. There is serious culture issues with this team. THings that dont get changed over night. It will take work and time to bring in new guys who care and have passsion. WE need to get the money thing fixed to bring in these guys. ITs just so much let the professionals have some damn time to do it.
    I agree 100% raider77. It pisses me off as well when people start talking about replacing RM and DA after 1 year. There is so much wrong with this team at the moment and most of what is wrong are the players that have been around for a while.

If you listen to RM and DA talk about what they look for in players, every time they mention they want guys that have passion to play football. They want to find players that love football.

Once RM purges the rest of the old Raider guard the chemistry on this team will be light and day.

vCash
    Thank you and your right these old guys with huge contracts need to go. THey bring no energy to the team. We need smart excited young talent that wants to play and play as a team. We havent been a team for many years and Rm sees that. he will need time though to change that. We will never get that cutlure changed if we keep firing guys every year.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    In my opinion this tells me a lot regarding camaraderie (or lack there of) in Raiders Locker Room and Team in General. This is the culture that RM, knows he has to change.

Christopher Hansen 23m
    "In Oakland, I almost broke down because I didn't have anyone to talk to. I felt like no one cared." -Ravens CB Chris Johnson

Christopher Hansen 23m
    "Here, not everybody is a loner. You're not by yourself. These are my brothers." -Ravens CB Chris Johnson

WOW......These tweets from Johnson are an eye opener. No wonder at times, it looked like The Raiders don't fight hard enough for it, or don't look like they want it bad enough on Game Days......

We have to build a culture where guys on field want to battle for each other, where they don't want to let guys on the team down.
    Where was Lechler's leadership when all of this was going down?

vCash
    If that was an eye opener, you weren't watching the games.

No offense, but the culture AD built was based on individual talent, not team work.

This is precisely why I, and a few others here, want pretty much every player drafted or brought in by that regime gone. DA fielded the best defensive effort I've seen in decades with scrubs found on street corners Reggie found.

This is precisely why I feel we will not start winning until 2014 and the house has been cleaned of Al Davis failure and scholarships.

vCash
    Winning has a way of bringing people together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Winning has a way of bringing people together.
    So does a coach with proper authority over his players that is not undermined by a skeleton ego maniac.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    So does a coach with proper authority over his players that is not undermined by a skeleton ego maniac.
    Oh I agree. I did not approve of how Al undermined his coaches by siding with the players. I just meant that Allen and McKenzie's message will start to crystallize when the wins come.

vCash
    I have nothing but respect for Chris Johnson. You could tell he actually cared and he played his *** off for us. Yes, he wasn't the greatest CB, but he did make some big plays for us.

I do think with McKenzie and Allen we are headed down the right path, but it will be a few years. We are starting to build a roster of players who love football and work hard. Hopefully that will help build some chemistry.

vCash
    This is just one of many issues that shows that this is not a great team! What comes to mind to me at this moment is when his CJ's sister's died. This is just sad.

Change is coming to this team. It all started the minute Al Davis died as sad as that is. They have brought in a real GM and a coach that is going to be given every opportunity to succeed rather those who have issues with how it's being done likes it or not. This is not the "A Player is bigger than the team" anymore. It's a different culture and it's going to take time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Oh I agree. I did not approve of how Al undermined his coaches by siding with the players. I just meant that Allen and McKenzie's message will start to crystallize when the wins come.
    Damn straight. After decades of insignificance, I'm willing to wait. I see nothing but upside and competitive football coming our way.

vCash
    That culture has been there a while...no surprise. For some players there may be no reprogramming possible...like McClain. I think there are others too! The only solution may be to trade or cut them.
    I believe most of the players really want to do well, however the younger guys follow by example.
    Some of the veterans don't set the right example. It will be interesting how the coaching handles this issue.
    I think if they can solve this problem, everything else will fall into place.

vCash
    This is sad. Especially knowing where Johnson came from, and the things he went through during his time as a Raider. I wish him the best with his new team. And I hope the culture in Oakland is starting to change drastically.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast