Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    FoC-the game you mentioned was against the Reds. I remember them showing Manager Pete Rose flipping through the rule book to see if it was legal. LOL. The things you remember with a little nudge.....

vCash
    Wow! I forgot how good Carter looked at third base!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MookiesRoller86 View Post
    FoC-the game you mentioned was against the Reds. I remember them showing Manager Pete Rose flipping through the rule book to see if it was legal. LOL. The things you remember with a little nudge.....
    I believe i mentioned it was against the Reds. And yes, seeing Rose flip through the rule book was one of my most vivid memories of that game. His issue, if I recall correctly, was whether each pitcher should be allowed warm up pitches after coming in from right field mid inning.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    It was awesome to see that again. Thank you for the post.

vCash
    Thank god for you tube, Gary looked a lot smoother then Murphy. Keith ate up that bunt. Good post!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    I look at this board and every other thread is more or less the same: "Mets interested in Bourne", "Mets interested in Wilson", "Mets interested in Oswalt".

I doubt the Mets are very interested in any Major Leaguer. All these stories are lying leaks by the front office meant to give fans something to talk about besides what cheap scum the Wilpons are.

This Oswalt story is a good case in point. The Mets are interested in him? Really? That's news to Oswalt's agent.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...mets-1.4515533

Roy Oswalt's agent denies interest from Mets

Originally published: January 26, 2013 5:49 PM
    Updated: January 26, 2013 6:54 PM
    By MARC CARIG

If the Mets indeed are interested in signing veteran pitcher Roy Oswalt, it's news to his longtime agent, Bob Garber. "Not sure where [the] report came from," Garber said in a text message. "I'm not aware of any interest from [the] Mets."

Despite a starting rotation that appears to be filled with the pending signing of Shaun Marcum, a published report Saturday linked Oswalt to the Mets, who are known to be in the market for bullpen help.

Oswalt, 35, finished last season in the Rangers' bullpen after signing a one-year, $5-million deal to join the rotation last June. He was coming off a 2011 season that was shortened by a lower-back issue.
    I have no idea why the "Rubin: Mets May Be Done Adding In Outfield" discussion thread was closed. It's the only honest report we've heard in weeks. The rest start with a dishonest premise meant to spin the debate.

Would the Mods please reopen that thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    I look at this board and every other thread is more or less the same: "Mets interested in Bourne", "Mets interested in Wilson", "Mets interested in Oswalt".

I doubt the Mets are very interested in any Major Leaguer. All these stories are lying leaks by the front office meant to give fans something to talk about besides what cheap scum the Wilpons are.

This Oswalt story is a good case in point. The Mets are interested in him? Really? That's news to Oswalt's agent.
    Isn't Shaun Marcum a major leaguer? And the Mets are paying him nearly 8 million this year (if he hits very attainable incentives).

If they had wanted to go the cheap route they would have went status quo in the rotation and used a Mejia or Hefner for that 5th spot or brought back Chris Young.

As for the reports about Oswalt, they could have just had internal discussions about him and no agent is going to publicly admit a specific team has interest in his client. Whether it got past the internal discussions or not i don't know but it might have been more likely that Oswalt was an option before Marcum signed like Adam Rubin's source had mentioned.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-27-2013 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Isn't Shaun Marcum a major leaguer?
    Why... I guess he is. Sure he was debilitated by injuries much of 2012, but technically, yeah he is a Major Leaguer. That makes a total of one signed this off-season. You sure told me off. You must be very proud of the job your boys the Wilpons have done crafting the 2013 Mets.

But why do you suppose false information about these free agents the Mets are supposedly pursuing continues to be leaked?

vCash
    Why... I guess he is. Sure he was debilitated by injuries much of 2012, but technically, yeah he is a Major Leaguer. That makes a total of one signed this off-season. You sure told me off. You must be very proud of the job your boys the Wilpons have done crafting the 2013 Mets.

But why do you suppose false information about these free agents the Mets are supposedly pursuing continues to be leaked?
    It was your point to say the Mets are not doing anything to improve not mine.

Marcum was a 3 fWAR pitcher in 2010, 2011, and was on pace for that in 2012 before the injury. He is slotted to be our number 3 and he can be very productive when healthy.

I am not proud of the way this team is crafted and i would like to see them add a Michael Bourn if they can get him for less than 5 years. That said, they are still rebuilding and that philosophy doesn't constitute adding 50+ million dollars in payroll this offseason with a team still in transition.

Adding more significant payroll (past potentially signing Bourn) should be reserved for next season and the seasons thereafter.

I don't think it's all false information.

The Mets are certainly interested in Wilson, they are watching him pitch again this week.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...a-second-time/

As for Bourn, we'll see what happens but Sandy has been consistent they are reluctant to give up that 11th pick.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

I have no idea why the "Rubin: Mets May Be Done Adding In Outfield" discussion thread was closed. It's the only honest report we've heard in weeks. The rest start with a dishonest premise meant to spin the debate.

Yeah, it appears that any live body that has a semblance of success in the past is a candidate for this team.

Unfortunately, we are showing at best an AAAA outfield, a team lacking quality pitching depth, speed, OF power and defense.

There will definitely be more "Mets Interested In XYZ Players right through Spring Training.

We aren't moving vertically forward until at least earliest 2015.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 01-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash

Who is the source? Credible? Rubin referred to "a baseball source" not even a Mets source.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash

AdamRubinESPN Finally have confirmation: Mets did visit Roy Oswalt. He's not ending up in NY, but Oswalt's side saying no interest was not exactly true.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12