Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mets Interested In Roy Oswalt.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

The Mets have shown interest in free-agent right-hander Roy Oswalt, and the door has not fully closed even with the addition of Shaun Marcum to round out the projected rotation, a baseball source told ESPNNewYork.com.

Oswalt, 35, went 4-3 with a 5.80 ERA in 17 appearances (nine starts) in 2012 with the Texas Rangers. He made his season debut June 22 -- less than four weeks after signing with the club on a minor league deal.

Oswalt worked entirely in relief last September. He made only 23 starts in 2011 because of lower-back inflammation

vCash
    Is Roy Oswalt interested in the Mets?

vCash
    I'm thinking Roy Oswalt must have suddenly become inexpensive.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I can't see roy signing a minor league deal.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    I'm not completely sure why, unless he'd be willing to pitch out of the pen or in the minors.

vCash
    Maybe they're trying to move Santana? I dunno, doesn't make much sense otherwise.

vCash
    Mets agree to terms with Roy Oswalt. Numbers undisclosed as of now. Will play one of the 3 available outfield positions.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Mets agree to terms with Roy Oswalt. Numbers undisclosed as of now. Will play one of the 3 available outfield positions.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That's not as a big a joke as you would think..

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11346571

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's not as a big a joke as you would think..

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11346571
    Awesome!

That reminded me of one game in the summer of 1986, Mets vs Reds that went into extra innings. Manager Davey Johnson used both his closers, lefty Jesse Orosco and righty Roger McDowell alternately on the pitching mound and in right field, depending on who the batter was.

Was looking for a clip of it on YouTube but couldn't find it.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Is Roy Oswalt interested in the Mets?
    Right on.

Throughout his career when he was available to the Mets he never expressed any interest in pitching in NYC.

NYC is a far cry from Anywhere, Mississippi.

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Well to be fair he did pitch in Philadelphia.

Granted they were winning but he has handled bigger markets before.

I don't see him coming here though because i am sure he wants to pitch on a contender and similarly to last year later in the season like he came in with the Rangers.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-26-2013 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    Awesome!

That reminded me of one game in the summer of 1986, Mets vs Reds that went into extra innings. Manager Davey Johnson used both his closers, lefty Jesse Orosco and righty Roger McDowell alternately on the pitching mound and in right field, depending on who the batter was.

I remember that... was an interesting move for sure!!

vCash
    Awesome!

This is the game here. The clip focuses on Carter playing 3B because Knight was ejected for throwing fists at Eric Davis. You see McDowell and then Orosco on the mound. They were alternating between pitching and right field. This clip also features one of Keith's patented bunt plays throwing the runner out at third.

Man. I feel bad for the kiddos that never saw this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-5le51RhE

You can also watch the 1986 highlight video. The game in Cincy is at 22:58 beginning when Parker dropped the fly ball in the 9th inning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMVuI7Ju0JU
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-26-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    This is the game here. The clip focuses on Carter playing 3B because Knight was ejected for throwing fists at Eric Davis. You see McDowell and then Orosco on the mound. They were alternating between pitching and right field. This clip also features one of Keith's patented bunt plays throwing the runner out at third.

Man. I feel bad for the kiddos that never saw this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-5le51RhE
    Makes two of us bud! Thanks for finding this for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast