Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    Schenn Bros played very well. Can't complain about them today.

Also -- Tye McGinn had a HUGE game for us. He's got surprisingly good hands for a kid that most of us pegged for a fourth-liner. He sees the ice a lot better than you'd expect and his skating is certainly NHL-caliber. While he'll never be a top-6 forward, I could see him thriving in a third-line role, contributing 10-15 goals/30-35 points a season, and providing solid two-way play. I've been quite impressed with him overall (minus his boneheaded penalty a couple games ago).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post

Also -- Tye McGinn had a HUGE game for us. He's got surprisingly good hands for a kid that most of us pegged for a fourth-liner. He sees the ice a lot better than you'd expect and his skating is certainly NHL-caliber. While he'll never be a top-6 forward, I could see him thriving in a third-line role, contributing 10-15 goals/30-35 points a season, and providing solid two-way play. I've been quite impressed with him overall (minus his boneheaded penalty a couple games ago).
    reminds me of a rinaldo with more Offensive upside and less aggressiveness.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    reminds me of a rinaldo with more Offensive upside and less aggressiveness.
    Plus some actual size and strength...Rinaldo is more of the hyper-aggressive super-ball of doom; McGinn is more of a poor-man's Hartnell.

vCash
    Any chance Bryz goes tomorrow lol

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Any chance Bryz goes tomorrow lol
    any chance? absolutely, the way Lavy has ridden his goalies in the past.

should he? kind of another matter. i think Leights should go tomorrow personally. as well as Bryz has been playing and as much as you want to ride a hot goalie, you gotta give him rest at some point, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    any chance? absolutely, the way Lavy has ridden his goalies in the past.

should he? kind of another matter. i think Leights should go tomorrow personally. as well as Bryz has been playing and as much as you want to ride a hot goalie, you gotta give him rest at some point, right?
    Lol yea I wanted them to rest him tonight but now I want us to kick tampa arse. That being said 6 games in 8 days is insane.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    It looked last night like he took a puck to the rib or something on that shot from the side of the net. If for no other reason, he might sit tonight just to let that heal.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    The first good win of the season. It was nice see the offense going. It will only get better once Briere is back in full force.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash

as I prepare to say I think McGinn could develop into an in-house Hartnell of the future...

Plus some actual size and strength...Rinaldo is more of the hyper-aggressive super-ball of doom; McGinn is more of a poor-man's Hartnell.
    and then you said it for me. But he really is a Hartnell Jr. He's a big body that plays big and strong, has tremendous loyalty to his teammates, and I think he will strive at standing in front of the net. It doesn't take much talent to do what Hartnell does, it takes balls and character. I think you might see McGinn on powerplays more, and then top 2 lines when Simmonds and Hartnell are down.

Looking forward to watching his development into that role

vCash
    Blech. I do not like Tye McGinn very much outside of a fourth liner. He's a mediocre goal scoring talent, and when he's not playing with the AHL-dominant Brayden Schenn, he's struggled to put up points. Every report I've read on McGinn is he has less offensive talent than his older brother Jamie, and he's barely a 30 point talent in the NHL. Nice deflection aside last night, he's not really inspiring much offensively and I'm not enthused with the thought that he could somehow be worst offensively than his fourth line, boarderline poor-man-3rd-line brother, Jamie.

The more time he gets on the PP, the worst off we are, imo. Want him to replace Rinaldo? Okay, I could see something there, but outside of the fourth line checking role, I have no interest in Tye McGinn.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    McGinn has made some quality plays since being called up. He's never going to be a top talent, but 30 points a season from a 3rd/4th liner is good production at a great value. I'm much more interested in developing some quality role players who give 110% every game, don't have attitude issues, and help us win night in and night out. We need some players like Tye McGinn -- especially since they're cheap.

vCash
    McGinn has made some quality plays since being called up. He's never going to be a top talent, but 30 points a season from a 3rd/4th liner is good production at a great value. I'm much more interested in developing some quality role players who give 110% every game, don't have attitude issues, and help us win night in and night out. We need some players like Tye McGinn -- especially since they're cheap.
    Players like McGinn are fine, but I don't even think he's got 30 point upside at this level. If his brother is supposedly the better offensive talent and that's about his top out, you're looking at probably 10 goals, 10 assists from McGinn, and that's clear fourth line talent. I like having a cheap fourth line, and have no problem with McGinn developing as a fourth line talent....but that's his projection. He's no one worth becoming even remotely excited about. Especially when you consider we have a bunch of these role type players. Zac Rinaldo, Eric Wellwood and Tom Sesistito all fit into that "100%, no attitude issues" category, as well. He's just a very marginal talent, is all.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Players like McGinn are fine, but I don't even think he's got 30 point upside at this level. If his brother is supposedly the better offensive talent and that's about his top out, you're looking at probably 10 goals, 10 assists from McGinn, and that's clear fourth line talent. I like having a cheap fourth line, and have no problem with McGinn developing as a fourth line talent....but that's his projection. He's no one worth becoming even remotely excited about. Especially when you consider we have a bunch of these role type players. Zac Rinaldo, Eric Wellwood and Tom Sesistito all fit into that "100%, no attitude issues" category, as well. He's just a very marginal talent, is all.
    I just tend to doubt scouts...that being said, his brother I believe was a 35-40 point player last season, and still has some upside. Tye has showed some good hands and made a few heads-up plays over these last couple games. As I said, nothing that leads us to believe he'll be a top-6 forward, but I think he could end up being a high-energy, 15 goal/30-35 point player on the wing who brings some grit and toughness, along with a good defensive conscience.

I'm just thinking about all of our teams that were successful in the Playoffs---they all had some players like McGinn. It's nice to see us developing a few of them along with future stars like Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, etc.

vCash
    c'mon this kid has played 3 games. Cannot say he wont be this or that. You just cant.

I was simply saying the "Hartnell Role" doesnt require great offensive talent at all. Big body in the front of the net, and you gotta have balls and character. You will score plenty of dirty goals. Look at Simmonds, that guy may very well score 35 goals a season with 33 of them never touching his stick.

vCash
    Exactly. But Simmonds can stake, he's good in front of the net, and he does have a pretty good set of hands. Same thing with Hartnell. At the end of the day, I think what makes the difference between successful guys like Hartnell/Simmonds/Knuble and the no-so-successful ones is Hockey IQ and a nose for the net.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213