Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Philadelphia Flyers (1-3-0) @ Florida Panthers (1-3-0) GT

Time: 7:30pm

Recent news:

Flyers: Wellwood lent back to ADK; Briere was on ice for practice. Could mean Briere plays tonight or is close to returning.

Panthers: Kris Versteeg has been ruled out of tonight's game

vCash
    this is a meeting of two of the lowest scoring teams in hockey. Flyers have 5 GF, Panthers have 7 GF.

hopefully the Flyers can snap out of this drought here tonight.

vCash
    Florida is missing almost all of their talent for this game. We need the 2 points here. Pittsburgh and NYR are flailing right now, need to make sure to not miss out on some points we can/should get.

Briere being back would be huge. Absolutely huge. Sad that it's Wellwood down and McGinn still on the roster, though.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    What will the Flyers line combos be with Knuble and Briere in the lineup? I'm thinking Knuble and Briere on a line with Voracek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    What will the Flyers line combos be with Knuble and Briere in the lineup? I'm thinking Knuble and Briere on a line with Voracek.
    Meltzer didn't think Knuble's going to play on the 2nd line out of the gates. He's 40 years old and remember, he scored 18 points last year.

Probably like this:

Simmonds - Giroux - Read
    Voracek - Briere - Schenn
    Knuble - Couts - McGinn
    Fedetenko - Laughton - Shelly/Sestito
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Meltzer didn't think Knuble's going to play on the 2nd line out of the gates. He's 40 years old and remember, he scored 18 points last year.

Probably like this:

Simmonds - Giroux - Read
    Knuble - Couts - McGinn
    Fedetenko - Laughton - Shelly/Sestito
    Talbot

so maybe
    Simmonds - Giroux - Read
    Knuble - Couts - Talbot
    Fedetenko - Laughton - McGinn

with any shuffle of the wingers on the top 2 lines, I bet thats the lines you'll be seeing for the next month
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Talbot

so maybe
    Simmonds - Giroux - Read
    Knuble - Couts - Talbot
    Fedetenko - Laughton - McGinn

with any shuffle of the wingers on the top 2 lines, I bet thats the lines you'll be seeing for the next month
    Duh I wrote that thinking "I'm forgetting someone. I know I'm forgetting someone".
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    The Knuble signing is potentially a decent story and has an upside..........I'm just skeptical that he's got enough left in the tank at this point to make the sort of impact we need. I'm very curious to see how he looks after not being much of a factor for the last year and a half.

vCash
    i actually saw a few Flyers writers reporting that Knuble skated with Fed and Schenn in the am practice. so....

Read - Giroux - Simmonds

Talbot - Couturier - Voracek

Fedotenko - Schenn - Knuble

Sestito - Laughton - McGinn

or if Briere plays

Simmonds - Giroux - Briere

Read - Couturier - Voracek

Fedotenko - Schenn - Knuble

Talbot - Laughton - McGinn

Briere was quoted in saying he still didn't feel his wrist was strong enough to take faceoffs, so IF he does play tonight, i don't think it will be at center.

vCash
    I do like the Sestito Laughton McGinn line...that has the potential to be a pretty energetic and physical line......good tempo setting line..........

I have to admit in all those scenarios that I also like Briere up with Giroux as well...

vCash
    tweet from John Boruk:

Check that: @MikeKnuble22 is on the #Flyers 4th line with Schenn at LW and Laughton at Center. #FlyersTalk

this just confuses me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    tweet from John Boruk:

this just confuses me.
    My guess is they're unhappy with Schenn's play thus far and put him on the fourth and they want to limit Knuble's time, if this is true.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    so how does that set up the rest of the lines then i wonder? and if schenn is on the 4th line you'd have to assume briere was playing, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    so how does that set up the rest of the lines then i wonder? and if schenn is on the 4th line you'd have to assume briere was playing, right?
    Certainly. I guess maybe:

Simmonds - Giroux - Briere (piggy backing on the idea he cant take faceoffs with his wrists)
    Fedetenko - Couturier - Voracek
    McGinn - Read - Talbot
    Knuble - Laughton - Schenn

Maybe?
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Good news is Foster is back for tonight. He'll suit up.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast