Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I wonder if given the chance, Harbaugh would trade Dalton for Kaepernick, today as things stand. Would you do it Nutty?
    Heck no!

But on Draft day I would have!

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Not sure where you get Harbaugh has no loyalty. Because of the QB switch?
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Not sure where you get Harbaugh has no loyalty. Because of the QB switch?
    B/c he's not afraid to say "you're my guy" and then change it. He did it twice (Peyton and CK) to Alex in the last 12 months.

I don't blame him. I'm just saying I don't believe what he says.

vCash
    After reading through this thread, I'm going to have to agree with Nutty on the whole "main guy" thing. In my opinion, Harbaugh didn't have a lone "main guy"....or he had a few main guys, however you want to interpret it. Kaepernick was obviously in Harbaugh's liking, but so was Dalton. He probably in fact did want Dalton, but when cincy plucked him off the board, SF jumped all over a trade to grab Kap before there were no more 1st/2nd round QB's available. Kaepernick was the last of the main 6 to go before Mallet went in the 3rd. With that being said, I don't think Harbaugh really cared that he didn't get Dalton. It was one or the other and he got ONE OF THE guys he wanted. He's this "QB guru" genius coach and he knew he would be able to develop either one the right way. That's why pre 2011 draft, I didn't care if we got Ponder, Kaepernick, Dalton, hell even Mallet. Which ever guy Harbaugh took, I was confident that he would become a really good QB under Harbaugh's development and tutelage
    Last edited by tapajafri; 01-29-2013 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    B/c he's not afraid to say "you're my guy" and then change it. He did it twice (Peyton and CK) to Alex in the last 12 months.

Harbs has a job to do, and that's win SB's. He will do almost anything short of cheating to get there. He's proved that this year... and while I get it, I admit it taint's him a little in my book.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    A man who will do anything short of cheating is tainted in your eyes is he? Not only do you want results, you want them in the way you want them or you would rather not have them? Do you have any idea how you sound right now?
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies:25254909
    A man who will do anything short of cheating is tainted in your eyes is he? Not only do you want results, you want them in the way you want them or you would rather not have them? Do you have any idea how you sound right now?
    All I'm saying is he's not so squeaky clean to me any more, and when did I say I only want results in the exact way I want then, or not at all? Don't go putting words in my mouth now, you sorta sound like my pre-teen girl.

vCash
    What does that even mean? When was he squeaky clean to you, and what would make him dirty? Do you want results or do you want a specific way of doing things without them? I am not putting words in your mouth, but if you are insinuating that he is a dirtier coach because he did something you don't like to someone you like very much, which I think I am dead on by implying, then it really saddens me that someone can be so ungrateful.

I will say it again, do you know how you sound? Do you have children? If you came from far and long to visit someone very special to you, dear to you, and brought them gifts, and upon arriving, they look past your gifts and smile and open arms and instead are upset for something trivial, and they are old enough to experience genuine gratefulness, how would you feel? Have you ever offered someone a ride for free, and instead of being grateful, they asked to go farther, or were unsatisfied with the assistance? Has the mouth you were feeding ever bit you?

Not saying you can't have an opinion on him or his actions, but I can't help but be appalled by the fact that we are on the cusp of a SB. A Super Bowl! And you can find something about Harbaugh that's tainted? Some people are beyond hard to please, and it's disheartening.

vCash
    There is just something about the fact that because I may do something for you, for us, but I did it in a way you might not agree with, that from that day forward I am a lesser man in your eyes to some extent because of it. That doesn't sound like a very fair judgement of character or success at all.

vCash
    It seems like you concern yourself more with how things are done, then the results. Kind of like a "its not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game" type attitude, which is commendable in some situations, but I feel has no room in professional sports, or most career choices in which promotion is a means of competition. I respect your view, but I respectfully disagree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    All I'm saying is he's not so squeaky clean to me any more, and when did I say I only want results in the exact way I want then, or not at all? Don't go putting words in my mouth now, you sorta sound like my pre-teen girl.
    I understand what you're saying. Of course Harbaugh's "reputation" has taken hits. A number of people around the league (mainly other coaches) and many fans of other teams think he's a douchebag. There's no question his reputation took the hardest hit nationally when he took Alex Smith out of the lineup under those circumstances. a LOT of people/fans of not just other teams, but even many 49er fans, didn't like Harbaugh for that. But that's part of what makes him a great coach. You're absolutely right, he'll do anything short of cheating to win super bowls....and that may include some things that may rub some people the wrong way. Take it how you want, you're not alone on that side of the fence. But in my opinion, that's one of the reasons why he's such a great leader. He doesn't give a damn what anyone outside of the locker room thinks of him and he's not afraid to taint his image when it comes to the media, fans, or rest of the league. He's not so squeaky clean to many, MANY fans....that includes many 49er fans... but he could give a damn less, and that's what makes him a great coach. He has infused this "us against the world" mentality since way back to last season. It really came out in Philly and in Detroit week 4 and 6 of 2011.

vCash
    Two huge games I always look back on as key moments in the development of the team as we would know it today in the Harbaugh Era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post

I think that video proves that Kap was the guy Harbaugh wanted in the draft. He was "his guy" for the draft and of the available QB's in the draft only.

Obviously he's not "his guy" in the sense that he would rather have groomed Kap than have signed Manning because that's just retarded...

vCash
    It seems like you concern yourself more with how things are done, then the results. Kind of like a "its not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game" type attitude, which is commendable in some situations, but I feel has no room in professional sports, or most career choices in which promotion is a means of competition. I respect your view, but I respectfully disagree.
    How you play the game does matter, not saying that winning doesn't too. And you may feel it has no room in professional sports or business, and I will 100% disagree. Trust me, my salary puts me in about the top 6% or so in the US... so I just might have an idea how to succeed in business, and I have done so always with honesty and integrity. I've been stabbed in the back many times, I'm still here and I've succeeded where many of those who stabbed me in the back failed and I have never stabbed them or anyone else in the back.

So yes, Harbaugh rep took a hit to me. I still believe he's a great coach, and will take this team to multiple SB's but I do wonder if there will now be players who will not report injuries under him because of the "Alex Smith effect".

vCash
    I completely understand what your saying, but if you are saying Harbaugh stabbed Alex in the back then I have to disagree. Alex wasn't even really benched, Kaepernick made the most of his opportunity. I also fail to see dishonesty in Harbaugh. Maybe he wasn't truthful to the media, but that's part of the job and not fair to hold against him. Good has come of this, even though someone (Alex) took one for the team in the process.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast