Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Jack speaks the truth... Harbaugh wanted Kap all along!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 13-6 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Haha, i love it. Jim looks just like him.

vCash
    "no...this might just mean that he was jack harbaugh's guy, not jim"

Soon...

vCash
    I tend to agree with both sides a little CK may have been the guy that Harbaugh was targeting but I'm sure there was 2 or more that Jim had as backup options if he couldn't get Kaepernick. There is no way a GM or a head coach targets just 1 QB.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade w/ARI)- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I tend to agree with both sides a little CK may have been the guy that Harbaugh was targeting but I'm sure there was 2 or more that Jim had as backup options if he couldn't get Kaepernick. There is no way a GM or a head coach targets just 1 QB.
    Well sure...but it's pretty clear who his main target was...

Nobody said Kaepernick was Harbaugh's only option. That's just Nutty saying that to live up to his username. This is just proof that Kap was Harbaugh's #1 target.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Well sure...but it's pretty clear who his main target was...
    Without that video, I'm not sure how anyone can doubt that CK was the main target. If he wasn't why would Harbaugh trade up to get him? I'm sure if Harbaugh wanted someone else he would have made that happen.

It seems like our front office has a good handle on talent. We will see if they can maintain the talent on our team over the course of the next couple of years.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade w/ARI)- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    ^ Agreed.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Without that video, I'm not sure how anyone can doubt that CK was the main target. If he wasn't why would Harbaugh trade up to get him? I'm sure if Harbaugh wanted someone else he would have made that happen.

It seems like our front office has a good handle on talent. We will see if they can maintain the talent on our team over the course of the next couple of years.
    B/c he could have been targeting Dalton also. When Dalton was drafted, that's when he made his move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    B/c he could have been targeting Dalton also. When Dalton was drafted, that's when he made his move.
    But the video makes it seem that he called Jim before the round started, Dalton wasn't taken till after the 2nd day began.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah
    3rd Round:Chris Davis CB Auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    But the video makes it seem that he called Jim before the round started, Dalton wasn't taken till after the 2nd day began.
    Agreed.

But we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Based on the actions during the draft, I will always feel that Harbaugh had his eyes on a few QBs in the draft. Then to see the 9ers pounce like they did after Dalton was drafted leads me to think Dalton was one of those guys, as well as CK. I just don't think if Harbaugh thought CK was HIS GUY the entire time, he would have waited as long as he did. The bengals could have easily have taken CK at that position. It's not like we were talking about any other position on the field. We're talking about the QB of the 49ers. So why gamble on it? I mean this year, he reached to some extent on Jenkins. So why didn't he reach for HIS QB before he did?

I will never agree with the whole "CK is Harbaugh's guy" or "he was hand selected!" I mean, Alex was Harbaugh's "guy" until Peyton came along. Then Alex was Harbaugh's "guy" until CK played Chicago. And of course CK was selected by Harbaugh.

Honestly, I don't even know why we talk about this all time. I guess we must be bored. lol
    Last edited by nutty; 01-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    AND... I still don't believe it! lol

No way in that draft do they only eye 1 QB.
    This video isn't proff that they eyed only one QB, it's that they eyed to he there with their second round pick. For all we know they had Dalton ranked higher, but didn't think he'd be there. I really see no reason for Jack Harbaugh to lie, it's not like it matters at this point.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER:7

vCash
    Agreed.

But we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Based on the actions during the draft, I will always feel that Harbaugh had his eyes on a few QBs in the draft. Then to see the 9ers pounce like they did after Dalton was drafted leads me to think Dalton was one of those guys, as well as CK. I just don't think if Harbaugh thought CK was HIS GUY the entire time, he would have waited as long as he did. The bengals could have easily have taken CK at that position. It's not like we were talking about any other position on the field. We're talking about the QB of the 49ers. So why gamble on it? I mean this year, he reached to some extent on Jenkins. So why didn't he reach for HIS QB before he did?

I will never agree with the whole "CK is Harbaugh's guy" or "he was hand selected!" I mean, Alex was Harbaugh's "guy" until Peyton came along. Then Alex was Harbaugh's "guy" until CK played Chicago. And of course CK was selected by Harbaugh.

Honestly, I don't even know why we talk about this all time. I guess we must be bored. lol
    Of course they were looking at more than one quarterback. Doesn't change the fact that Kap was Harb's #1 choice. You just can't admit that you were wrong. Peter King just wrote today, in fact, that the 49ers top choices at QB were Kap and Dalton, in that order.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-28-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Overwhelming evidence against Nutty!?
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Of course they were looking at more than one quarterback. Doesn't change the fact that Kap was Harb's #1 choice. You just can't admit that you were wrong. Peter King just wrote today, in fact, that the 49ers top choices at QB were Kap and Dalton, in that order.
    LOL Exactly, they were looking at more than 1 QB. That's been my argument all along. "IF" the Bengals would have selected CK, we would all be saying how Dalton was Harbaugh's guy all along. No way was Harbaugh ALL IN on CK like some fans around here seem to make it. They make it sound like it was CK or nothing and that Harbaugh knew we would end up with CK all along. To which I give a -> He was hoping for either. When Dalton got drafted, he took CK. It's as simple as that. Harbaugh would have been a-ok with Dalton too I bet, but like us, is extremely happy he got CK instead.

Like I said, what's the point of this discussion? No one will ever win it. It honestly sounds like my kids.... "well, he started it".... "no, he started it" and around and around they go.... just like this debate.

We are seriously going to have to agree to disagree b/c no one will EVER know. It's not like Harbaugh is EVER going to say "well, Dalton was actually our guy, but we chose CK". We all know that CK is Harbaugh's guy.... until he's not. Harbaugh has no loyalty when it comes to that, no matter what he says.

vCash
    I wonder if given the chance, Harbaugh would trade Dalton for Kaepernick, today as things stand. Would you do it Nutty?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast