Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Trivia

vCash

Today's Trivia

Who can tell me what Collin Cowhill has in common with all-time Met great Cleon Jones, who hit .340 in 1969 and caught the last out of the World Series that year?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Both of their names start with the letter C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Both of their names start with the letter C.
    Ya gotta do better than that Sick. I was actually thinking of qualifying the question but then i thought, nah.

But fine. It's also not that their first names have two syllables, start with C and end with N.

Geez.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    They both bat right and throw left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    They both bat right and throw left.
    Well done young man! A rarity in Big League Baseball!

vCash
    I'm sure the answer is deeper then that, though i don't know it. Is that they're both related to someone

Guess i was wrong
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Well done young man! A rarity in Big League Baseball!
    Yep. Cody Ross and Ryan Ludwick are others that I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yep. Cody Ross and Ryan Ludwick are others that I know.
    It actually puts a player at a double disadvantage. As a batter of course, you're starting further away from first base. And as a fielder, you're limited to pitcher, first base, and outfield.

I always thought they should change the rules to allow runners to run clockwise whenever there's a right handed hitter up. That will keep the runners and fielders sharp since they have to remember which direction the runners will be running in. And if gives lefties a chance to play the infield positions.

Now how exciting would that be!

A runner on first base would have to move to the base across the diamond whenever a right handed hitter came up. Likewise a runner on third since third base would become first and vice versa!

I'm thinking they should try out these new rules in the WBC.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-26-2013 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Neither is good enough to be a starting major league OFer in 2013.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Neither is good enough to be a starting major league OFer in 2013.
    I will accept that answer.

vCash
    They both inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    They both inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.
    That answer I will not accept.

vCash
    They are both earthlings!!!

vCash
    They both have more money than I do...

vCash
    Cowgirl is the illegitimate son of the woman Cleon Jones was banging in that van when he got caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast