Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lpdunks8 View Post
    If their goal is truly to have a 2014 core of Howard and Lebron (like some analysts speculate); a Gay trade wouldn't make any sense (Howard+Nash+Gay= about $47M in 2014). BTW, the same goes for any Bargnani trade.

Anyhow, the Celts would need to send a few hundred Gs out with Pierce. This would work; in theory:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afpudxe
    I already posted that trade in this thread lol

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    If Gay comes in a deal, he has to know his role... He's not our #1 scorer.. He'd be #3 at best.. He can't hack up shots like he does in memphis.. That's the only thing I don't like about Gay.. He plays solid D but he hacks up way too many shots.. He needs to stay around 8-10 shots a game imo.. If he's gonna be kobe2.0 then no thank you

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    please no. this doesnt make us any better imo. like someone said before, if someone else comes with rudy than so be it, a speights wouldve been perfect but hes gone already. it just forces metta to have to play the 4 a little bit too much. throw in tony allen im its a full go though. haha

vCash
    dont know if its been mentioned but what a bout a 3 way deal with atl and boston instead. get josh smith instead of Gay. It would help our cause to keep dwight and help us out a ton defensively. maybe a smith /barbosa. not sure about contract stuff or if it works but smith + a servicable guard would be nice.

vCash
    Honestly Gay hasnt been so great since his injury, I would pass on this

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Pau in Green, ew. Haha.

Whatever helps the team. And turns this **** around. Gay is still a solid player overall..
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    1 gay is overated and overpaid, ****s the 2014 plan.
    2 gay is not putting us over the top.
    3 pierce is better than gay, so memphis would become better, not a good idea if we meet them in the playoffs.
    4 Kg and Pau with rondo dishing passes and terry nailing threes is a REAL threat to the heat, do we really want boston to go two rings up in the count vs us? really?
    I think I have to agree with you on this one.

Earlier in the year I suggested this trade, before the disasterous Dantoni thing got into full bloom, as I thought Rudy Gay would be excellent on the Lakers. I basically got laughed out of the NBA forum as everybody said Grizzlies would never be stupid enough to make that trade.

NOW though, Rudy Gay seems to be more available... but what has changed is that Dantoni is now clearly a gigantic bust, and there is no sense stacking the team with "Dantoni players" at this point, especially if it involves giving Gasol to the Celtics and Pierce to Memphis. Pierce could make a legit run with the Grizz.

Yeah, that Grantland article made me pause, and I think that Gasol could still be wildly effective for us in the right system. Adding Rudy Gay could be really good, but not "magnificent" as I had previously thought, if only because the 2012 Lakers team is so out of synch and out of options right now.

Lakers should follow up on last night's success, emphasizing defense and slowing the pace, as well as the new "playmaker Kobe," even if it requires full scale mutiny, and utilizing Pau is essential for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Pau to the Celtics is a joke.

Gay on this team for Pau is another joke. We already have Colby and Dwight who need their shots (Dwight who complains if he doesn't get his).

Adding an inefficient scorer won't help. Pau is better than Gay.
    Thank you.
    Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Why? We have Steve Blake coming back

vCash
    llullz
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    The question is: who is actually going to buy a Laker jersey that says "Gay" on the back of it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    The question is: who is actually going to buy a Laker jersey that says "Gay" on the back of it?
    Your buddy named GAIL

vCash
    The only way id do this is if we can get allen and barbosa back w gay, which is unlikely so id probably pass, i want a package of good bench players for pau we do not need a 1 for 1 player swap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    I might if he keeps the #22 cuz 22 is my number for sure, and i think itd be cool to.have a lakers Jersey w my favorite # on it

vCash
    Ughhh! Keep Gasol, change the system! We don't need another "new" player to mesh in mid way through the season.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast