Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I have always found it funny why say a history major needs to know algebra beyond the high school level. Of course the thing is you they always make you take a class or two higher then you need for math with only a couple of exceptions
    one of the most worthless classes that i have taken is discrete math.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    we have to take two religion classes and a science lab. pointless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Really? Isn't discrete math pretty useful for CS majors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Really? Isn't discrete math pretty useful for CS majors?
    Yeah. Some coding is based off of that but I still think its worthless lol.

vCash
    pfft. doesn't even like discrete math. obviously you dont play enough online poker.

vCash
    I came out with headaches out of that class

vCash
    Someone offer me some trades. I dont think I can beat Lakers or Wizards right now. I want that ship

vCash
    Wow Hinrich, Boozer and Noah all out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    I wasn't including Russia.

I think eventually the Brits would've capitulated and tried to make peace or stay in a never ending war, russia would've been okay with being "friends" for a while and Japan would've been rulers of Asia.

Now, I also believe that if Japan leaves the US alone and Germany takes Europe, eventually China is controlled by Japan and they have a perfect dual thrust to take over Russia, which was a plan they had put together at one time but Germany got impatient.

Basically, a little medium sized country could've ruled Western and Eastern Europe quiet easily.

They should've sat back, gathered more resources, done as the Italians did, conscript locals into their armies and gone after Russia.

Or, they should've just freakin realized the Ruskies hated Stalin and looked at Germany as saviors and instead of killing the local people off, let them alone cuz they would've just allowed them to roll into the capital and gave them food and shelter along the way.

Hitler was a racist, xenophobic idiot, who had a great way with getting people to follow him but was too into his own self to realize he had smarter people than him militarily under him.
    Japan would have never taken over China in entirety. They realized that long before they attacked Pearl Harbor. China had become a massive resource and infantry dump with no forseeable end. Their limited supplies of rubber, oil, men, etc, everything needed to wage war was being essentially wasted on an anti-guerilla campaign in an attempt to subjugate a big *** country with a strong sense of national identity. Both Chinese governments had fallen back and settled into parts of western China with extremely difficult terrain, and while all of China's eastern seaboard was conquered, there was still 60% of China still in Chinese hands.

To put it in perspective, the Japanese invasion of China started in a sense around, 1905, with the annexation of Korea which prior, was heavily dominated by a Chinese sphere of influence. It took them almost 35 years from then on to take Manchuria and the rest of the Chinese seaboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Britain was not going to capitulate. LOL. Hitler couldn't even figure out how to launch a land invasion on them.

Russia was not ever going to be happy with being buddies. Not after Germany screwed them in Poland. Russia was freaking pissed.
    I agree on both accounts, i was just putting forth some theories on that. I'm quite sure Russia was eventually going to attack Germany if Germany didn't attack them first, it was inevitable.

and Britian was going to keep poking and trying to get america involved, or germany was going to bomb britain to hell.

or maybe eventually japan, who was quite practiced at island invasions, would helped them or provided the know how/tech to invade Britain.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Someone offer me some trades. I dont think I can beat Lakers or Wizards right now. I want that ship
    Dwight for Gasol

vCash
    BTW someone give me a SG. Manu doesn't fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Japan would have never taken over China in entirety. They realized that long before they attacked Pearl Harbor. China had become a massive resource and infantry dump with no forseeable end. Their limited supplies of rubber, oil, men, etc, everything needed to wage war was being essentially wasted on an anti-guerilla campaign in an attempt to subjugate a big *** country with a strong sense of national identity. Both Chinese governments had fallen back and settled into parts of western China with extremely difficult terrain, and while all of China's eastern seaboard was conquered, there was still 60% of China still in Chinese hands.

To put it in perspective, the Japanese invasion of China started in a sense around, 1905, with the annexation of Korea which prior, was heavily dominated by a Chinese sphere of influence. It took them almost 35 years from then on to take Manchuria and the rest of the Chinese seaboard.
    I never thought they'd fully take them but they'd have enough of the country to have an annex and enough to move onto other asian countries. unless they got stupid and tried to wipe out the Chinease cuz they were xenophobic as well.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    I never thought they'd fully take them but they'd have enough of the country to have an annex and enough to move onto other asian countries. unless they got stupid and tried to wipe out the Chinease cuz they were xenophobic as well.
    They probably would of had to try and wipe out the Chinese if they really wanted to annex it. Which is pretty much what they tried to do after a while. The Chinese were just as sure as the Japanese that they were "superior" and would have held onto their national identity under any circumstances. There was plenty of partisan/insurgent activity throughout the war from Chinese nationalists even with the war crimes the Japanese threatened and committed in many instances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I don't think he was a poor leader, nor do I believe even for a second that most of Europe would be controlled by Germany. He never would have made it through Russia. He couldn't even finish off the bombing of GB.
    he commited several war mistakes, the russian front in the winter, not negotiating deep enough with england when as an island it was too difficult to break in and when rejecting to negotiate with Franco , ( the bastard was greedy and wanted the north of africa and all south america back for spain ) if they had come to an agreement american ships would have had the access to mediterranean closed, wich would have made the war last longer, even if probably losing anyway.

Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast