Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    I wonder if the Indians wish they hadn't said the same thing about Brandon Phillips

in 4 years at AAA, he had a .269/.329 line. In 432 at bats spread out over his first 4 mlb seasons, he rocked a solid .208/.244 line. (although I'm not sure I calculated his OBP correctly). In his first season of getting consistent playing time, he hit .276 with 17 bombskies. In his second year he was a 30/30 guy.
    OK, I'll conceded that Nunez could be the next Brandon Phillips with the bat. I'll be pleasantly surprised when it happens because it's more likely he won't.

But he will never be what Phillips is with the glove. Phillips is generally considered to be a very good fielder with three gold gloves to his credit. Career +8.7 UZR/150 at 2B.

Nunez on the other hand has compiled an abysmal:

-25.1 UZR/150 in 541 innings at SS
    -29.6 UZR/150 in 419 innings at 3B, and
    -7.8 UZR/150 in 91 innings at 2B.

vCash
    The ideal lineup would consist of a combination of speed, power and patience(the 1998 Yankees is the perfect example for this). Using our current roster the ideal is to have something like this:

1- Gardner -CF-
    2- Jeter -SS-
    3- Cano -2B-
    4- Youkilis -3B-
    5- Granderson -LF-
    6- Teixeira -1B-
    7- Ichiro -RF-
    8- Juan Riveira -DH-
    9- Cervelli -C-
    2014/2015 Yankees Offseason Checklist:
    - Sign a Shortstop
    - Sign a Third-Baseman
    - Sign a Starting Pitcher
    - Resign Robertson
    - Sign an IFA Cuban prospect
    - Get Rid of A-Rod's contract

vCash
    Tex behind Youk and Grandy?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    First off Juan Rivera will be in the lineup vs Lefties, but probably not against righties. Your guess is as good as mine as to who will be the Left handed DH. I don't see Travis Hafner's name on the roster. Secondly jeter will bat leadoff like he always does and Texiera will bat higher in the order than youkalis. I'm not saying that it is the correct thing to do, but it is the way of things.

I'd guess the lineup against lefties to be:
    Jeter
    Ichiro/Gardner
    Texiera
    Cano
    Youkalis
    Granderson
    Rivera
    Cervelli/Stewart
    Nunez/Gardner

Against Righties:
    Jeter
    Ichiro
    Cano
    Texiera
    Granderson
    Youkalis
    ??? (Sabathia would be good here, as a hitter, but not to run the bases - LOL)
    Cervelli/Stewart
    Gardner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Tex behind Youk and Grandy?
    I would rather see Granderson lower in the lineup than Tex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    The ideal lineup would consist of a combination of speed, power and patience(the 1998 Yankees is the perfect example for this). Using our current roster the ideal is to have something like this:

1- Gardner -CF- Speed
    2- Jeter -SS- Good base runner but not exactly speedy
    3- Cano -2B- Would only hustle to 1B if a $200 million contract was waiting there for him to sign
    4- Youkilis -3B- The only time he has ever heard of speed was watching the film "Speed"
    5- Granderson -LF- He has some speed but I'm not going to consider him very speedy
    6- Teixeira -1B- Teix may look like a horse but can't run like one
    7- Ichiro -RF- Still has some speed but it will be interesting to see how he holds up in that department
    8- Juan Riveira -DH- No speed
    9- Cervelli -C- No speed
    Gardner and Ichiro provide the speed with Grandy offering some.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    OK, I'll conceded that Nunez could be the next Brandon Phillips with the bat. I'll be pleasantly surprised when it happens because it's more likely he won't.

But he will never be what Phillips is with the glove. Phillips is generally considered to be a very good fielder with three gold gloves to his credit. Career +8.7 UZR/150 at 2B.

Nunez on the other hand has compiled an abysmal:

-25.1 UZR/150 in 541 innings at SS
    -29.6 UZR/150 in 419 innings at 3B, and
    -7.8 UZR/150 in 91 innings at 2B.
    You and me both brother. I posted earlier that I see him as somewhat of a Jon Jay type. Nothing elite, just a guy who has the ability to do a little bit of everything, something this lineup could use. The Phillips reference was just to say that the numbers Nunez has put up as a utility/bench player with no consistent playing time doesn't really tell you what kind of player he could be. It wasn't a comparison. He won't ever be Phillips with the glove, but that could improve too. Like I said, third base isn't a position I'd be afraid to give somebody a shot at since it's not typically a position I'd invest in a whole lot anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123