Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I also think that Nunez is starting to fill out and gain strength. I believe he is a 15 hr guy this year with proper at bats.

Go look at Albert pujols and mike piazza minor league stats to start.....no power.

Give the kid a chance. He's athletic and exciting.

And I bet he plays 2b in 2014 when bob bails.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    And as far as another comment that this years lineup is more balanced.....I completely agree.

When Arod comes back...... I LOVE this lineup. Swisher and Martin were all or nothing. We won't miss em one bit.

Accept it. Love it. Embrace it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Nunez is not a homerun hitter, yankee stadium wouldnt help him cause hes a pull hitter, he will mostly find gaps in CF he can hit for AVG and steal bases, if he could work and taking pitches better he can become a pretty good hitter, he wont take a walk ever but hes great at making contact which makes him good to hitlow in the lineup and drive in guys on base

vCash
    I think Diaz can hit for power- if he gets ABs- whether it be extra base hits or HRs, but Cano, Tex, KY, and Granderson will see more baserunners when those longballs do show up. The Yanks really look like a team that can score runs in a variety of ways now with speed and power. The pitching may get better if Pinedo ever shows up, or a young guy like Nova can step up again. IS and Gardner can turn walks into doubles, and having guys with power like the 4 we have can get runs in a hurry. With Swisher it was long ball or wasted AB, and the same with Arod last season. This looks to be a better team if the injury bug stays away.

vCash
    arod was not a homer or nothing, swisher will be missed, i think people look into the lineup now and just sit on everything that could go right but dont want to focus on what could go wrong. is the lineup bad? no but i dont expect it to be any better than last year only cause we changed some players.

cano needs to step up and be the man, last year swisher turned into trying to hit more homers and drive runs rather than get on base because it was his walk year, this year cano and granderson might try to do the same. granderson who i like is more of a homer or nothing than swisher was yet people kill swisher more than granderson and that is just mind boggling. people also got on swisher for his defense, good thing granderson is fast cause his reading of balls hit to the OF would have killed us if it were some one else with less speed, it seemed like all those great plays he made were caused by wrong turns to the ball and having to make up for it by running and diving while any other good cf it would have been a routine play.

I do like youk and expect a good season out of him. jeter i expect some downgrade the same with teix .

gardner i still think gets too much credit on the offensive side when he sucks

ichiro will show why hes in decline

on paper i take the redsox lineup over ours cause we need too many things to go right

vCash
    Speed killz, oh wait, that only works in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Nunez is going to at the major league level something he's never been able to do in the minors? He's never hit more than 9 HRs in a season at any level and he's never stolen more than 29 bases in a season.

Which one is Nunez and which one is Cervelli?

491 ML at bats: .272/.318/.384, 7 HR
    562 ML at bats: .271/.339/.353, 5 HR
    Um, when has he had 600 PAs? The kid has been jerked around. Want to play stats?

His last 3 seasons where he had consistent PAs and a full season his BA was .271, .322, .289.
    He hit .292 at the major league level last year and is A .272 major league hitter. And he is 25.
    He has 38 major league stolen bases. At 25. In 491 PAs.

PS. At bats and plate appearances are statistically different.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    arod was not a homer or nothing, swisher will be missed, i think people look into the lineup now and just sit on everything that could go right but dont want to focus on what could go wrong. is the lineup bad? no but i dont expect it to be any better than last year only cause we changed some players.

cano needs to step up and be the man, last year swisher turned into trying to hit more homers and drive runs rather than get on base because it was his walk year, this year cano and granderson might try to do the same. granderson who i like is more of a homer or nothing than swisher was yet people kill swisher more than granderson and that is just mind boggling. people also got on swisher for his defense, good thing granderson is fast cause his reading of balls hit to the OF would have killed us if it were some one else with less speed, it seemed like all those great plays he made were caused by wrong turns to the ball and having to make up for it by running and diving while any other good cf it would have been a routine play.

I do like youk and expect a good season out of him. jeter i expect some downgrade the same with teix .

gardner i still think gets too much credit on the offensive side when he sucks

ichiro will show why hes in decline

on paper i take the redsox lineup over ours cause we need too many things to go right
    I agree with most of this. I think they will score significantly less this year. That's not to say they won't win, they'll just have to rely on their pitching more than they're use to. Granderson's 40 homeruns almost completely get erased by his 200 strikeouts. Gardner sucks my balls. They only thing we disagree on is that I think Youkilis is a bum too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    News flash: Everyone is a power hitter in YS.

Itchy will hit 15.
    3b will combine for 25.
    wind tunnel!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Lets be honest. This team doesn't look better than last yr and I'm not sure how optimistic anyone can be about the outcome. If the answer is speed, these guys better get on base...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Um, when has he had 600 PAs? The kid has been jerked around. Want to play stats?

His last 3 seasons where he had consistent PAs and a full season his BA was .271, .322, .289.
    He hit .292 at the major league level last year and is A .272 major league hitter. And he is 25.
    He has 38 major league stolen bases. At 25. In 491 PAs.

PS. At bats and plate appearances are statistically different.
    Disagree that he's been "jerked around." He doesn't field well enough to hold down an IF job, and I still don't know why everyone touts him as a good hitter. Is 491 PA too small of a sample size? He's hit .272/.318 at the major league level which is pretty comparable to his .271/.314 line in 2,961 minor league PAs. Maybe that's just the guy he is. He doesn't walk much, he doesn't have great power, career 88 OPS+. He's basically a younger version of Willie Bloomquist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Lets be honest. This team doesn't look better than last yr and I'm not sure how optimistic anyone can be about the outcome. If the answer is speed, these guys better get on base...
    It doesn't look better to me than last year at all, more specifically the lineup. It seems as though we are going to have to rely on our rotation pretty heavily if we want to be a 90+ win team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Disagree that he's been "jerked around." He doesn't field well enough to hold down an IF job, and I still don't know why everyone touts him as a good hitter. Is 491 PA too small of a sample size? He's hit .272/.318 at the major league level which is pretty comparable to his .271/.314 line in 2,961 minor league PAs. Maybe that's just the guy he is. He doesn't walk much, he doesn't have great power, career 88 OPS+. He's basically a younger version of Willie Bloomquist.
    I wonder if the Indians wish they hadn't said the same thing about Brandon Phillips

in 4 years at AAA, he had a .269/.329 line. In 432 at bats spread out over his first 4 mlb seasons, he rocked a solid .208/.244 line. (although I'm not sure I calculated his OBP correctly). In his first season of getting consistent playing time, he hit .276 with 17 bombskies. In his second year he was a 30/30 guy.

vCash
    The only thing I took from this thread is that we should give Nunez a shot because he can be the next Pujols, Piazza or Brandon Phillips. The season can't start soon enough.

vCash
    You know an argument is over when a statement like this is made. Stay out of Harry's kitchen. It gets pretty toasty in here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast