Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    so gallo, deng, and gay are superstars?

    granger i can admit is an allstar, and batum is a young stud with solid potential.

    wow what other garbage are you gonna spew? in 2015 "a solid batch of young players who play the center position well in the piwi league proves that we will go back to being an era of center"?

    cmon dude. use your brain and stop prematurely talking.
    Did I say Gallo, Gay, & Deng were superstars? I didn't know saying people were more than role players that it meant they were superstars

    & people will always have opinions on draftees.. Just like they guy who said Andrew Wiggins will OWN this league one day, it's what he thinks

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    McGrady was a SG in Orlando, Michael Finley was a SG, Jamison put up good numbers on a bad team (Granger has achieved that), Shareef Abdur Rahim was a PF and also put up good numbers on some not so good teams, Glenn Robinson was also a player putting up good numbers on bad teams

    Grant Hill??? He missed 01, 02, 03, 04, & 06 & had just 1 all star season... Deng has had that on a winning squad and you say he's a role player

    Where were you back then to think he only missed two seasons?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01_totals.html

    sort them out by points to find out the players i listed.

    1. grant hill in 2000 was still considered a top sf. noone had hindsight in 2000 that he was going to miss several seasons.
    2. Finley played sf in dallas. the sg in dallad were buckner and eisley.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2001.html
    3. antwan was a better player than granger.
    4. again, wrong. shareef played sf for the grizzlies. the players who played pf for them are grant long, massenburg, and swift.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/VAN/2001.html

    i will however give you that tmac played sg in orlando.. i forgot about that.. i mean i knew he played sometime at the sf, but he was primarily a sg.

    5. a superstar is someone who doesnt need other players to create a shot for them. thts my definition for a superstar. someone who carries a team by himself at times. deng is a classic example to my point, he is a good offball player. thats it. the whole world and his mom knows that he cant create shots by himself, he cant LEAD the bulls to wins like how rose does.

    cmon now..


    LETS GO HEAT




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Did I say Gallo, Gay, & Deng were superstars? I didn't know saying people were more than role players that it meant they were superstars

    & people will always have opinions on draftees.. Just like they guy who said Andrew Wiggins will OWN this league one day, it's what he thinks
    gallo is a role player.
    gay is a suuped up role player. two notches below superstardom.
    deng is a little better than a role player.


    LETS GO HEAT




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,944
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    i think OP mistook George for being a SF. the dude is a 2 guard. he's just been playing SF since granger was out and to give lance stevenson mins at the 2.

    anyways, as everyone already pointed out, the SF talent is dying..
    after LeBron, Durant and Melo.. there are role players..

    era of the pg.
    No thats where your wrong. George IS a Sf. We start him at SG because we have Granger but his natural position is SF. Hes taken off in big part because of him being at his natural position this year alot.


    Lucks on our side

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    193
    vCash
    1500
    It's definitely an era of PGs. It's already been said but the small forward list is top heavy - three elite players and that's it. There's only one PG clearly AS good as the top small forwards(Paul) but there's also much more quality depth at the position. Looking at the top 50 players in the league organized by PER(have to have played at least 25 mpg)...

    There are 12 PGs with a PER in the top 50:

    26.11 - Paul
    22.98 - Westbrook
    22.96 - Parker
    22.80 - Kyrie Irving
    21.55 - Lowry
    19.98 - Calderon
    19.68 - Curry
    19.22 - Kemba Walker
    19.06 - Sessions
    18.89 - Jrue Holiday
    18.39 - Rondo
    18.34 - Deron Williams

    In addition, there are also guys underperforming that aren't on the list including Nash, Lawson. Guys that are pretty damn good but haven't played enough games to qualify(John Wall) and some guys that very reliable but don't put up sexy stats(Mike Conley, Jarret Jack).


    There are only 6 SFs with a PER in the top 50:

    30.47 - Lebron
    29.34 - Durant
    25.14 - Melo
    18.55 - Kirilenko
    18.55 - Paul pierce
    17.60 - Batum

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01_totals.html

    sort them out by points to find out the players i listed.

    1. grant hill in 2000 was still considered a top sf. noone had hindsight in 2000 that he was going to miss several seasons.
    2. Finley played sf in dallas. the sg in dallad were buckner and eisley.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2001.html
    3. antwan was a better player than granger.
    4. again, wrong. shareef played sf for the grizzlies. the players who played pf for them are grant long, massenburg, and swift.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/VAN/2001.html

    i will however give you that tmac played sg in orlando.. i forgot about that.. i mean i knew he played sometime at the sf, but he was primarily a sg.

    5. a superstar is someone who doesnt need other players to create a shot for them. thts my definition for a superstar. someone who carries a team by himself at times. deng is a classic example to my point, he is a good offball player. thats it. the whole world and his mom knows that he cant create shots by himself, he cant LEAD the bulls to wins like how rose does.

    cmon now..
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...abdursh01.html Click the link and you will see most of his career he is listed as a PF.. Nice try but EVERYBODY knows that Abdur-Rahim is a PF

    Michael Finley is a SG, Eisley is just there either because of the roster they had (that lacked any real productive SF or because they just liked playing small ball) because in 2005 when they had Stackhouse, Daniels, & Howard he never played a minute a SF

    Antawn Jamison could score but he was no great player to remember years from now and he also played most of the 00's decade as a PF, he even wanted to leave Dallas because he couldn't get as much PT due to them having Dirk Nowitzki & Antoine Walker in 04

    You know I was talking about the 00's so don't try to bring up just one year with Grant Hill... You cannot count him due to injuries

    I'm really starting to think that you are just like 13 or 14

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    193
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    gallo is a role player.
    gay is a suuped up role player. two notches below superstardom.deng is a little better than a role player.
    Much worse than that actually. Overpaid chucker with a PER below the league average.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    gallo is a role player.
    gay is a suuped up role player. two notches below superstardom.
    deng is a little better than a role player.
    WOW just wow... lol

    Sefalosha, Chalmers, Ronnie Brewer, Kirk Humphries, Perkins... Those are role players

    5. a superstar is someone who doesnt need other players to create a shot for them. thts my definition for a superstar. someone who carries a team by himself at times. deng is a classic example to my point, he is a good offball player. thats it. the whole world and his mom knows that he cant create shots by himself, he cant LEAD the bulls to wins like how rose does.
    Monta Ellis doesn't need anyone to create for him but it doesn't mean he's a superstar, neither is he a role player.. Just because someone isn't a superstar doesn't mean that they are a role player. You are skipping levels in between

    Ben Wallace couldn't create his own shot or CARRY a team by himself so he's a role player?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls View Post
    It's definitely an era of PGs. It's already been said but the small forward list is top heavy - three elite players and that's it. There's only one PG clearly AS good as the top small forwards(Paul) but there's also much more quality depth at the position. Looking at the top 50 players in the league organized by PER(have to have played at least 25 mpg)...

    There are 12 PGs with a PER in the top 50:

    26.11 - Paul
    22.98 - Westbrook
    22.96 - Parker
    22.80 - Kyrie Irving
    21.55 - Lowry
    19.98 - Calderon
    19.68 - Curry
    19.22 - Kemba Walker
    19.06 - Sessions
    18.89 - Jrue Holiday
    18.39 - Rondo
    18.34 - Deron Williams

    In addition, there are also guys underperforming that aren't on the list including Nash, Lawson. Guys that are pretty damn good but haven't played enough games to qualify(John Wall) and some guys that very reliable but don't put up sexy stats(Mike Conley, Jarret Jack).


    There are only 6 SFs with a PER in the top 50:

    30.47 - Lebron
    29.34 - Durant
    25.14 - Melo
    18.55 - Kirilenko
    18.55 - Paul pierce
    17.60 - Batum
    You are using a list that has Kemba Walker, Calderon, & Sessions above Rondo which is pathetic... PER always looks like that halfway through the season.. Hell Brook Lopez is a top 5 player right now using your analogy

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500
    Funny thread no logic hahahaha.... It`s the ERA OF PG`s any fool can tell you that, close this thread...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls View Post
    Much worse than that actually. Overpaid chucker with a PER below the league average.
    This is his first season not shooting a good percentage... He's usually around 45-47%

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,994
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    i think OP mistook George for being a SF. the dude is a 2 guard. he's just been playing SF since granger was out and to give lance stevenson mins at the 2.

    anyways, as everyone already pointed out, the SF talent is dying..
    after LeBron, Durant and Melo.. there are role players..

    era of the pg.
    No he's not. He's a SF playing SG because Granger is on the team.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,120
    vCash
    1255
    Deng, Gay and Granger aren't superstars like the guys you named in the past...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Deng, Gay and Granger aren't superstars like the guys you named in the past...
    Neither was Elton Brand, Rasheed Wallace, Pau Gasol, Kenyon Martin, or Jermaine O'Neal but they contributed to the era of great PF's...

    Rik Smits, Longley, Ostertag, Cartwright, & Divac weren't superstar Centers in the 90's either... One position on every team will never all be superstars

    & outside of CP3, Rose the PG's named in this thread aren't superstars so...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,331
    vCash
    1500
    i agree that their are way more allstar level pg's than sf's but no pg's compare to how to good Lebron and Durant are and i think melo is probably better than cp3 or kobe so i would say the top 3 players in the game are all sf's. i think there are a good number of above average sf's too. pierce, gay, batum, gallo, granger, george (sg's tend not to be 6'9 i think he would be a sf on just about any team that doesn't have a 20ppg sf already), deng, wilson chandler when healthy, and then there are mad prospects coming into the league. it makes sense that there are going to be more elite talent pg's then sf's i mean think about, the new rules favor small quick players and there are always going to be more talented 6' - 6' 4" guys then there are 6'6" - 6'9" guys. the talent pool shrinks as players get bigger. the position im really sad about though is the SG, i mean there should be more 20ppg sg's then there are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •