Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Beginning of the era of great SF's?

90's had the great C's (Hakeem, Ewing, DRob, Shaq, Mourning, Mutombo, etc.)
    00's had the great PF's (Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Webber, Sheed, etc.)

Now we have LeBron & Durant who are easily the two best players in the league, then it's Melo right after them, after that is guys like Deng, Gay, & Granger. A prospect in MKG

After that we have Jabari Parker & Andrew Wiggins (with quite a few SF's in the lottery over the next 2 years)

Finally an era with some great SF's

vCash
    this is the PG ERA

After Lebron/Durant & Melo there is a HUGE dropoff at the SF position. And Lebron & Melo primarily play PF these days anyway.

Who is the 3rd best SF? Deng? Gay? Gallo? Batum?... big dropoff.

vCash
    No.

Dumb thread to actually include Luol Deng & Rudy Gay as if they are comparable to the PF's you mentioned above who equate a "great" era of a position.

There is a big dropoff between the Elite at the SF position in LeBron, Durant, & Melo to the likes of Deng, Gay, Granger, Iggy, among others.

Its a great era for Forwards overall because the gap between being a SF and PF is practically disappearing with these guys coming into the league with their skill sets.

vCash
    Nash
    Rondo
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Holiday
    Lowry
    Conley
    Curry
    Williams
    Irving
    Lawson

And so on I think it's more of the point Guard era, also those are just the first ones that came to my head, not the best to worst.

vCash
    That is why is says entering and I mentioned that MKG is a prospect (also Harrison Barnes) and that Jabari Parker & Andrew Wiggins will soon be here

Also there is Noah Vonleh, Shabazz Muhammed, Anthony Bennet, , Otto Porter are also high on the draft boards

That is why in the title is says "Beginning" and ends with a "?"... I didn't say it was here right now

& Melo has played PF because of injuries to Amare, Sheed, & Camby... There has even been games when Kurt Thomas has started but he just sucks and LeBron is a Point Forward (in other words a SF) and he does everything but 20 years from now everyone will remember him as a SF not a PF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Nash
    Rondo
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Holiday
    Lowry
    Conley
    Curry
    Williams
    Irving
    Lawson

And so on I think it's more of the point Guard era, also those are just the first ones that came to my head, not the best to worst.
    Nash is old, Conley, Lawson, & Lowry on the same list as CP3 & Rondo is equivalent to me putting Deng, Gay, Granger on the list with LeBron, Westbrook & Rose are more like SG's playing PG, Deron Williams isn't the great PG people thought he was, he was a product of the Jerry Sloan system

SF has 3 of the NBA's top 10 players and many more coming in the draft, that why I said "beginning"

vCash
    Dude, where have you been? There was a discussion here months ago about how the SF position is a dying one after LBJ, KD and Melo.

The future is all about the PG, I thought this was common knowledge.
    Let's just look at the PGs in the NBA with true All Star pontential
    Paul, Williams, Rose, Rondo, Westrbook, Irving, Parker, Jrue, Curry, Lawson, Wall, Jennings, Rubio, Lillard.

SFs
    LBJ, Melo, KD.... Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gay, Iggy.... That's pretty much it

vCash
    i think OP mistook George for being a SF. the dude is a 2 guard. he's just been playing SF since granger was out and to give lance stevenson mins at the 2.

anyways, as everyone already pointed out, the SF talent is dying..
    after LeBron, Durant and Melo.. there are role players..

era of the pg.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    this is the PG ERA

After Lebron/Durant & Melo there is a HUGE dropoff at the SF position. And Lebron & Melo primarily play PF these days anyway.

Who is the 3rd best SF? Deng? Gay? Gallo? Batum?... big dropoff.
    Batum has crazy potential.. but i do see your point

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    It's definitely a point guard era, but I still think in a few years Wiggins will OWN this league.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Dude, where have you been? There was a discussion here months ago about how the SF position is a dying one after LBJ, KD and Melo.

The future is all about the PG, I thought this was common knowledge.
    Let's just look at the PGs in the NBA with true All Star pontential
    Paul, Williams, Rose, Rondo, Westrbook, Irving, Parker, Jrue, Curry, Lawson, Wall, Jennings, Rubio, Lillard.

SFs
    LBJ, Melo, KD.... Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gay, Iggy.... That's pretty much it
    CP3 is a top 5 player, Rondo is arguably top 10, Rose & Rondo are SG's playing PG, I'll give you Parker (who is an all star but he's not getting better) & Irving, but Jrue, Curry, Lawson, Jennings will never even sniff being top players in this league, I think Lillard is having his best season right now, sorta like Tyreke Evans & Brandon Jennings did in 2009 , he won't get much better, I just don't see it, As I stated above Deron Williams is not that good, Rubio & Wall are already having injury problems and I don't know how productive they will be

BTW, for most of his career Rudy Gay has been right around 19 & 6 with 46% shooting & also averaging a block & a steal, he's also hit some clutch shots here & there

Danny Granger has also spent a couple of years at the top of the league in scoring

Deng & Iggy are two of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA & Deng is leading one of the top teams in the east in scoring right now & it's amazing you say they have all star potential but everyone one of those SF's you listed (except Gay) has been on the All Star team lol.. Makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    i think OP mistook George for being a SF. the dude is a 2 guard. he's just been playing SF since granger was out and to give lance stevenson mins at the 2.

era of the pg.
    I never said he was

& I like how you guys keep glossing over Andrew Wiggins & Jabari Parker (Who guys have as the best prospects since Kevin Durant)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post

era of the pg.
    Wait... So Granger, Gay, Deng, Gallanari, & Batum are all role players?

But it's okay to say Ty Lawson, Steph Curry, Mike Conley, Brandon Jennings, & Rubio are all all star potential huh?

& I'm sorry but LeBron, Durant, Melo>>>>>>>>CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose any day of the week

I'm really having a hard time understanding you guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Nash
    Rondo
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Holiday
    Lowry
    Conley
    Curry
    Williams
    Irving
    Lawson

This we are seeing some of the best point guards right now. BTW you forget Chris Paul on your list

vCash
    its a pg's game,way to much quality depth there.

sf is a strong position right now but after the top 3 there is a substantial drop off in quality with about 5 or so good but not great players than the rest are basically just guys to fill the position that are utterly un-noteworthy

vCash
    PGs are pretty deep

Rose,Paul,Westbrook,Deron,Jrue,Parker,Irving

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast