Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    GWB won the 2000 presidential election fairly. Can't believe anyone not named Al Gore still has sour grapes over this crap. Get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Exactly. Not just nonsense, but the kind of paranoid stupidity we have come to expect from the extreme right who believe the bull that they're fed by Faux news, and then spout off about tea, koolaid, smelling coffee, etc. I debunked his typical Tea bagger comment about the phones, but he chose to ignore that rather than admit to being wrong.

The loony right also doesn't accept to this day that they lost a 'fair' election, because Faux told them they were miles ahead in the polls and Mitt was going to walk it. Obviously, there had to be all kinds of shady business to explain their 'unexpected' loss, Obama must have cheated, fraud was committed, the POTUS "bought" votes with welfare and food stamps because why else would 95% of the black population (who, with one or two individual exceptions, have never backed the Tea bagger loony right) re-elect a black POTUS?

The ignorance of this kind of thinking, and the gullibility shown when swallowing so many outright lies truly beggars belief.

As for my comment regarding the failure of US capitalism, jomota, how else would you describe a situation where between 10-15% of the population (many of whom are also Reps. and live in red states) cannot adequately feed themselves because there is either no work available, or the available work doesn't pay enough to live on? Oh yeah, these upwards of 40m people are all lazy, didn't pay attention in school, and have something to do with teenage pregnancies. Sure, there are 'lazy' people who don't want to work, people who should have paid more attention during their years of education, and many teenagers who should not have brought babies into the world. But to tell over 40m people that it's all their own fault, and that the system hasn't failed them, is just so sadly typical of today's unintelligent and misguided extreme right wing. You people spend more time worrying about a fetus than you do about a fellow human being in need. Shame on you.

You also avoided responding about the humongous amounts of money that have been going to farmers in red states in farm subsidies for decades now. That's not 'buying' votes, huh? If that's not buying votes, neither are food stamps.
    I never said the election wasn't fair. It was. Obama won fair and square and he's the president. I suppoort his office. I think Romney would have been better but he lost in a fair race. I'll also admit that Bush II was not a very good president and we could have done better there too. Is that clear enough for you.

The thing that gets under my skin is that an unnatural majority of blacks voted for Obama for reasons stemming from "what are we gettin". The majorities in prior elections seem to back that up. Can't you see that those types of majorities are simply not possible without other influences? You sound like a bright guy and I do not understand how you cannot recognizer that. 80-90 percent of a group cannot agree on anything.

Re: farm subsidies…I am against that just like I am against oil depletion allowances and other creative accounting tricks.

Re: US capitalist…I don't care if everyone is successful. I care that they have the opportunity to become successful. If they make poor choices or fail to take advantage of their opportunities, don't look to me for a handout.

I work at several charitable functions every year and we run into attitudes like: "is that all" or "how come I can't get…" There are people that need help, people that want help and people that expect help. It gets tiresome. We can't take care of every one. It gets very tiresome.

vCash
    And the free cell phones were started under Reagan. Obama just gets credit for it since he raised the giveaway to unheard of levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I never said the election wasn't fair. It was. Obama won fair and square and he's the president. I suppoort his office. I think Romney would have been better but he lost in a fair race. I'll also admit that Bush II was not a very good president and we could have done better there too. Is that clear enough for you.

The thing that gets under my skin is that an unnatural majority of blacks voted for Obama for reasons stemming from "what are we gettin". The majorities in prior elections seem to back that up. Can't you see that those types of majorities are simply not possible without other influences? You sound like a bright guy and I do not understand how you cannot recognizer that. 80-90 percent of a group cannot agree on anything.

Re: farm subsidies…I am against that just like I am against oil depletion allowances and other creative accounting tricks.

Re: US capitalist…I don't care if everyone is successful. I care that they have the opportunity to become successful. If they make poor choices or fail to take advantage of their opportunities, don't look to me for a handout.

I work at several charitable functions every year and we run into attitudes like: "is that all" or "how come I can't get…" There are people that need help, people that want help and people that expect help. It gets tiresome. We can't take care of every one. It gets very tiresome.
    And I am wondering, does this also apply to the 73% of Asians who voted for President Obama?

Or the 69% of Jews that voted for President Obama?

Or the 75% of Hispanics who voted for President Obama?

Or maybe it should get under my skin the the 20% lead that Romney had in white non ethnic voters? Gee, I could make all the same arguments in reverse.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    And I am wondering, does this also apply to the 73% of Asians who voted for President Obama?

Or the 69% of Jews that voted for President Obama?

Or the 75% of Hispanics who voted for President Obama?

Or maybe it should get under my skin the the 20% lead that Romney had in white non ethnic voters? Gee, I could make all the same arguments in reverse.
    Golly, you really can't. When you start hitting 75-95% majorities, something else is in the mix. Don't know how you can't see that.

vCash
    Golly, you really can't. When you start hitting 75-95% majorities, something else is in the mix. Don't know how you can't see that.
    When people see your party has demonizing them in order to raise money, it turns out that turns them away from your party. It isn't "Obama-phones" that turn minorities to the Democrats as much as it is the dog whistles that GOP elected and un-ellected officials use that push people away. Calling the president "lazy" and saying that he "doesn't understand America". Calling those who support him takers and implying that only those who vote for the GOP truly understand what America is supposed to be.

Tell me something, do you consider yourself to be a charitable person with your time and money? Or if you don't have much money, would you be with your money if you had it? I assume you vote for the GOP more often than the Democrats? Do you hate the poor? Are you inclined to vote for a party (the Democrats) who imply or directly say that you hate the poor or want them to be poor by supporting the GOP platform? Its the same kind of thing.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When people see your party has demonizing them in order to raise money, it turns out that turns them away from your party. It isn't "Obama-phones" that turn minorities to the Democrats as much as it is the dog whistles that GOP elected and un-ellected officials use that push people away. Calling the president "lazy" and saying that he "doesn't understand America". Calling those who support him takers and implying that only those who vote for the GOP truly understand what America is supposed to be.

Tell me something, do you consider yourself to be a charitable person with your time and money? Or if you don't have much money, would you be with your money if you had it? I assume you vote for the GOP more often than the Democrats? Do you hate the poor? Are you inclined to vote for a party (the Democrats) who imply or directly say that you hate the poor or want them to be poor by supporting the GOP platform? Its the same kind of thing.
    I'll be happy to reply as best I can.

I am known to be an extremely charitable person both in time and money. I'm very active in a local service organization and have been for years. We raise and donate thousands annually. We annually sponsor (read that pay for) a free immunization program for poor kids before starting school. We make a day out of it…food, games etc. We also give out school supplies for the kids. Couple of years ago a grandmother (don't know where mom and dad were) was incensed that we had a limit of four kids for the free school supplies.
    I've also helped out family members with substantial amounts of money and have been royally screwed a few times.

Do I hare the poor? No, but I will admit to finding them irritating. I grew up relatively poor. My parents grew up very poor. Yet, in my circle of family and friends, I never saw the incredible lack of dignity and self reliance that I see in today's poor. Today's poor seem to sit around waiting for someone to help them (see free cell phones).

Jobs are tough on everyone, but many of the poor keep themselves unemployable. They walk around holding their pants up with a stupid hairdo and their hat on backwards. A lot cannot carry on a simple conversation or do basic arithmetic. Many seem to lack the ability to put a cogent thought together. I once had a prospective employee ask me if she got her birthday off. Not a great first impression on an employer.

I am a registered Republican but vote for the best candidate. I live in Florida. I voted Democrat in the las governor's race (republican won) and I voted Democratic in the last Senatorial race (he won). I am also pro choice and anti gun (within reason). I don't vote the party line and never have.

I have a strong sense of fairness and probably a poor sense of niceness. They are two different things.

Does that answer all your questions????

vCash
    I don't vote the party line and never have.

I have a strong sense of fairness and probably a poor sense of niceness. They are two different things.

Does that answer all your questions????
    I didn't see this before I posted my reply to you in another topic, and would probably have worded it differently if I had. No time now, but I will return with a proper reply later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087

Libs demonize all the time. Now the Republicans are in trouble right now because of the Tea Party and the fact that voters can't seem to elect a conservative to run against Obama. If Rubio or Santorum runs in 2016, I would be shocked if they didn't win. Social conservatism isn't the problem. Most people feel abortion is wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    Libs demonize all the time. Now the Republicans are in trouble right now because of the Tea Party and the fact that voters can't seem to elect a conservative to run against Obama. If Rubio or Santorum runs in 2016, I would be shocked if they didn't win. Social conservatism isn't the problem. Most people feel abortion is wrong.
    Steelman, please be sure you do not bet the ranch on this.

The republicans have no clue how to run an election. Romney would have been a great president and he lost. Most people look at the Republic party as grumpy old white guys like Charles Krauthammer. We need to seriously turn the image around and I don't see that happening. We're the pain in the *** uncle Fred that show up for Thanksgiving dinner and bores everyone. When will he go home.

We could run a ticket of Abraham Lincoln/Thomas jefferson and the Dems will run Hillary or (wait for this one) Michelle Obama and we would be clobbered.

The party needs an overhaul…badly.

(Don't laugh at the Michelle Obama idea. I think it could happen.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    I am on my knees praying for a Santorum run in the general election. You really want to run Aiken and Murdoch rolled up in one neat package on a national ticket. Please, please do that.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I am on my knees praying for a Santorum run in the general election. You really want to run Aiken and Murdoch rolled up in one neat package on a national ticket. Please, please do that.
    I heard that.

vCash
    I fear anyone who thinks Santorum could win a general election being able to operate heavy machinery. It's just nuts to think Santorum can win anything.

vCash
    I fear anyone who thinks Santorum could win a general election being able to operate heavy machinery. It's just nuts to think Santorum can win anything.

vCash
    It would be interesting to see what party does the most charity work not just donates the most. Have like a simple survey what party are you and how many times do you volunteer in a year.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast