Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Our best lineup!

D.Rose, J.Butler L.Deng, Boozer, J.Noah

I'm predicting this will be the starting lineup by Allstar break. I think Jimmy Butler has already proven himself w/ Thibs & he's just playing super efficient! Once he fully settles in, people are gonna see that he can knock down that mid range jumper consistently. When Rose is back he will get more open looks, and Bellelini makes a Niice backup SG along w/ N. Robinson. (Nate is a scoring machine!!! It's like having J. Terry when he played for Dallas in a way.

That starting lineup will be DANGEROUS!!!! Shut Down D! We could lock up any trio of scorers individually & be even stronger as a team!

The return of D. Rose is definitely gonna take us to a even higher level, but I think Jimmy is the most solid option at SG for both sides of the ball.Everything improves w/ Jimmy at SG. Shot selection, Assist, rebounding, overall defense, steals& fast breaks, hustle pts, free throws, & blks

As far as Hamilton, he still fits w/ our team but he can definitely be traded for a backup big.

vCash
    Butler can't hit the three as much or as consistently as others on the team and will not start for that reason alone. With the addition of Rose, spacing the floor becomes the number one concern and Butler can't do nearly as much of it as Rip or Marco.

vCash
    But he can be a good cut/slash type of guy off Rose's & Boozer, and HE CAN dribble & create his own shot whenever he decides to show that part of his game. Right now he is simply playing his role & getting 15-18pts without even really looking for his shot!! I can already see him getting 20ppg easily w/ Rose. & not that we need him to force that every night, but he can.

vCash
    Thibs will not bench rip at this point in the season.

vCash
    Meh, I agree with Topsy. We'll need the extra spacing for Rose, and Jimmy is the best candidate to backup Deng and provide us with some energy on the wing.

Rose - Marco - Deng - Boozer - Noah
    Hinrich - Rip - Butler - Taj - SIGN SOMEONE

Would be my preference right now. We're talented and deep on the wings/backcourt.

vCash
    I can see the Bulls trading Rip for a backup center still. In that case Butler comes off the bench spelling both Marco/Deng as needed but plays 25mpg still. Our best lineup will be, imo, Rose/Belli/Deng/Boozer/Noah.

vCash
    Jimmy shouldn't start, not until he proves that can consistently hit an open jumper...and that may take awhile.

I think the scenario that Shammy mentioned, where he plays 25+ as a backup to both Marco & Deng would be ideal for the rest of this season (assuming they can deal Rip for a backup C) and to start out next season.

vCash
    I see no point in trading away Rip for a big unless one of our bigs is injured. Come playoffs we're not even going to play a 4th big.

Jimmys a great player and all, but let's not act like he's the bonafide shooter Rip is. Maybe one day, but not yet. I think the safe move would be to keep Rip. Without him, what do we do if Jimmy's shot isn't falling? Belinellis one of our best shooters, but he doesn't bring much else, and defensively he's going struggle against a lot of the SGs we'll see, so I don't see him getting a lot of minutes come playoffs. We don't have that definitive compliment to Rose at SG, we have a lot of possible options though and the more the better.

SG options:

1a. Hamiltion
    1b. Butler
    2. Belinelli (his defense will be an issue though)
    3. Hinrich (if he's hitting that three he might be the best compliment to Rose)
    4. Cook

Consistent production from our SG spot will go a long way in helping Rose and our offense out. And if Noah, Booz, Taj, and Deng are all healthy, a 4th big man isn't necessary. So keeping Rip could only help us in that scenario.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 01-26-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    I don't see how Belinelli doesn't do that much else considering he's played just as well if not better than Rip has this year, especially when inserted into the starting lineup. Belinelli's been at worst as good as Korver's defense was last year, which was pretty respectable.

And saying keeping Rip would be the safe move is reaching imo. With Hinrich/Belinelli/Butler/Cook and even Nate/Rose being able to play spot minutes at the 2, he's a nice luxury to have. But if you can turn that luxury into getting a solid backup for Noah, so he doesn't have to maintain 40ish minute games and can be rested more night in and night out, then you turned that luxury into something of need. Plus, in the playoffs a solid backup center is needed when going up against Wade/Lebron/Bosh who are all highly capable of drawing fouls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Jimmy shouldn't start, not until he proves that can consistently hit an open jumper...and that may take awhile.

I think the scenario that Shammy mentioned, where he plays 25+ as a backup to both Marco & Deng would be ideal for the rest of this season (assuming they can deal Rip for a backup C) and to start out next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I don't see how Belinelli doesn't do that much else considering he's played just as well if not better than Rip has this year, especially when inserted into the starting lineup. Belinelli's been at worst as good as Korver's defense was last year, which was pretty respectable.

And saying keeping Rip would be the safe move is reaching imo. With Hinrich/Belinelli/Butler/Cook and even Nate/Rose being able to play spot minutes at the 2, he's a nice luxury to have. But if you can turn that luxury into getting a solid backup for Noah, so he doesn't have to maintain 40ish minute games and can be rested more night in and night out, then you turned that luxury into something of need. Plus, in the playoffs a solid backup center is needed when going up against Wade/Lebron/Bosh who are all highly capable of drawing fouls.
    Agreed with both.

Now my favorite starting linup:
    ROSE - No need to explain
    RIP - He is cold blooded at the start of the games. He is always running and gets many open shoots. Even if he plays less minutes than Marco, i rather have him starting
    DENG
    BOOZER
    NOAH
    Last edited by O_Touro; 01-28-2013 at 05:50 AM.

vCash
    D.Rose, Butler, Deng, Taj and Noah will close out the Heat. Defense and rebounding will win the Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    D.Rose, Butler, Deng, Taj and Noah will close out the Heat. Defense and rebounding will win the Heat.
    Precisely

vCash
    See, the thing is, Jimmy and Deng are both versatile. You can go to a lineup of:

Rose-Rip/Belli-Butler-Deng-Noah against the Heat. So ultimately I just don't think spacing will be an issue. I dunno if Butler will start, but I think he gets the 30+ minutes if he keeps playing his way into the lineup. And there's really no reason he can't post up 2's, he's shown he's perfectly willing to and can do it pretty decently.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Remember I called it first! Jimmy Butler is taking over as starting SG! Derrick Rose... You now have your sidekick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Thas definitely the best defensive lineup...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast