Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Select what positions we should take with our 1st 3 picks in the draft

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cornerback

0 0%
  • Defensive Line

38 73.08%
  • Linebacker

3 5.77%
  • Offensive Line

47 90.38%
  • Quarterback

3 5.77%
  • Running Back

4 7.69%
  • Safety

25 48.08%
  • Tight End

0 0%
  • Wide Receiver

0 0%
  • Other? (seriously? you picking other? explain)

2 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would like to keep Spencer and draft a left guard to pair with Smith. or trade our pick and draft a left tackle later on. IMO we need a guard and a tackle to solidify the o-line.

vCash
    I love Jordan!!! He is a beast! We need to address our interior line on offense. Improving the 2 OG and C will do wonders.

FA signings: OG Andy Levitre, DT Henry Melton

Rd 1- DE Dion Jordan
    Rd 2- DT Sylvestre Williams
    Rd 3- OG Alvin Bailey
    Rd 4- S Phillip Thomas
    Rd 5- OT Brian Winters
    Rd 6- DE Devin Taylor

vCash
    Russ Lande of the National Football Post suggests Texas S Kenny Vaccaro could be a top-five pick in April's NFL Draft.
    "Everybody has him in the top ten," Lande said. "He’s a ball-hawking safety that can come up and hit and tackle. He’s the real deal. I wouldn’t be shocked if Detroit — if there’s no elite pass-rusher there — Detroit at No. 5 may take him. He’s really good." A first-team All-Big 12 pick in both 2011 and 2012, Vaccaro amassed 107 tackles as a senior and recorded five career interceptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by socalswag24 View Post
    @godfather Montgomery and dion Jordan are better than all three of those DEs
    I have not been that impressed with LSU DEs as of late to be honest and I don't know enough about Jordan.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    I think everyone is in agreement with our team needs, I just hope we can sign at least 1 free agent to help us out since we probably need at least a RT and G on o-line and could use a big DT on d-line and maybe a DE. Safety is also a position that probably will bite us unless church or Johnson step up.

The big problem is our cap, currently about 24mil. over, need to restructure several contracts and cut some others. Who needs to go is a big question. I think Free has to go and I don't think we're going to be able to sign Spencer. We're definitely gonna have to be creative.

vCash
    1st of many mock drafts...

Free Agency: Phil Loadholt(RT), Jason Jones(DT), Ben Watson(TE)

1st Round: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
    2nd Round: Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    3rd Round: Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    4th Round: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    5th Round: Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
    6th Round: Braxston Cave, OC, Notre Dame

vCash
    I am pretty surprised that some people didn't pick RB or QB with the 3rd pick based on all of the comments...or even WR....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I am pretty surprised that some people didn't pick RB or QB with the 3rd pick based on all of the comments...or even WR....
    Depending on FA obviously, I voted for a RB in the third. It depends on FA and BPA for me to be honest, but I think RB, WR, and S should be the positions we most consider in the third. If there are still DL or OL players that could make an immediate impact and be top level players, I wouldn't be opposed to stacking players up on the lines in the third as well though.

I am obviously not a Romo fan, however it would be unbelievably, utterly, stupid for us to take a QB in this draft in higher rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'd pick a QB in round 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astros1981 View Post
    I love Jordan!!! He is a beast! We need to address our interior line on offense. Improving the 2 OG and C will do wonders.

FA signings: OG Andy Levitre, DT Henry Melton

Rd 1- DE Dion Jordan
    Rd 2- DT Sylvestre Williams
    Rd 3- OG Alvin Bailey
    Rd 4- S Phillip Thomas
    Rd 5- OT Brian Winters
    Rd 6- DE Devin Taylor
    Jordan could be lethal opposite Ware.

I would take all of the above. Except sign a RT in FA instead of a LG.
    Ware/Hatcher/Melton/Jordan would be freakish.

vCash
    ^so you see Ratliff gone?

vCash
    FA signings: RT Sebastian Vollmer or Andre Smith, DT Henry Melton, if Ratliff is gone, and call me crazy but re-sign Felix Jones besides anyother RB in FA is old or oft injured except Bush and he will be too expensive.

On to the draft:
    1st rd. Alex Okafor DE Texas (I want Cooper OG UNC but JJ will not pick an OL in the 1st 2 out of 3 years and the more pass rushers the better plus Spencer most likely won't be re-signed)
    2nd rd. Larry Warford OG Kentucky (Now let Barnadeau and Costa battle it out at C)
    3rd rd. Jamie Collins OLB Southern Miss (played a winless team but can't ignore the 10 sacks just what we need at SAM)
    4th rd. Phillip Thomas FS Fresno St. (I like Rambo a little more but he will probably be going in the 3rd. They are pretty much equal as ballhawks)
    5th rd. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon (We need 3 RB's and this guy is too fast to pass up)
    6th rd. Devin Taylor DE S. Carolina (Good Depth. Can relieve Ware a few plays a game)

DL Okafor/Melton or Rat/Hatcher/Ware
    Reserves Crawford/Price/Lissemore/Taylor

OL T. Smith/Livings/Barnie or Costa/Warford/Vollmer or A. Smith
    The right side of the OL just got a lot better.
    Last edited by C-Mac; 01-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Saw this on Walterfootball.com

Even if Ratliff isn't let go, the Cowboys are expected to draft Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson if either are available at No. 18 overall.
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    I guess I see the reason for getting a huge NT, we do need help on the DL, but as we obviously value Sean Lee and a lot of the top ILB like we hope Lee can become, have sat behind some great DL. For example, Brooks had Sapp, Lewis had Ngata and Sarigusa, etc., to help them be able to move around and keep them from having to deal with OL and FBs as much as possible.

I have a hard time accepting us not goin OL in the first, but if they do go DL, I understand.

vCash
    We can still get value in the 2nd round with OL. Warford and Bailey would be great pick ups past rd 1. Shariff Floyd would be a great pick up for us. We need to fill the D line spots. We saw what an inferior D line can so to our chances of controlling a game.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast