Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Select what positions we should take with our 1st 3 picks in the draft

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cornerback

0 0%
  • Defensive Line

38 73.08%
  • Linebacker

3 5.77%
  • Offensive Line

47 90.38%
  • Quarterback

3 5.77%
  • Running Back

4 7.69%
  • Safety

25 48.08%
  • Tight End

0 0%
  • Wide Receiver

0 0%
  • Other? (seriously? you picking other? explain)

2 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 NFL Draft Thread - Dallas Cowboys

Ok, so I thought we should start an actual thread for the draft. It may be a smidgeon early, but we have little else to discuss other than JJ castrating Garrett. I placed a poll on here. Simply vote on what position(s) you feel are the most important. You can vote more than once, but where do you see our first 3 picks going by position?

I will do a draft report on each position in the coming weeks based on position. Whatever we choose as the most important is what I will make next Saturday. Each of these threads will be a breakdown of the top players at the position and we can discuss/debate as usual.

Need your votes, GO!

NFL Draft Preview - Offensive Line
    NFL Draft Preview - Defensive Line
    NFL Draft Preview - Defensive Backs
    NFL Draft Preview - Skill Players
    Last edited by Fred; 02-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.

vCash
    We need the d line addressed primarily.

vCash
    We need to start with the OFFENSIVE LINE!

I think the right side of our line was rated dead last in the NFL. Need I say more?

D- Line is second.

vCash
    btw, if I wasn't clear, you can vote more than once....

vCash
    This draft sets up nicely for us, Defensive Line and Offensive Line are both very deep in this draft. First pick I believe we take best DE/DT available. Some names to think about at 18 include, Sheldon Richardson, Ezekiel Ansah, Jon Jenkins, Sheriff Flyod, Dion Jordan, and Jessie Williams, and Alex Okafor.

I think anyone of us those guys would be a great pick for us at 18. Id be super pumped if Dion Jordan ends up slipping to 18 because of his injury because he was going top 5 before. My favorite DT that we could draft would be Sheldon Richardson then Sheriff Flyod. (Flyod is going to be flying up draft boards, I'm a huge fan of his)
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    chance warmack John Jenkins, louletti, Montgomery , Eric Reid, Matt Elam, Jon Hankins , Eric Fischer, lane Johnson, vaccaro. That's who I would target my favorites are Reid Elam Jenkins and warmack. Of course assuming lockel and top prospects are gone by then

vCash
    I agree that DL and OL line up well for us, but I believe it does for other teams as well...depending on wht Kiffin has up his sleeve, I could actually see Dallas taking the best MLB and moving Lee and Carter to OLB in his scheme based on their youth, speed and ability to make tackles...if you get a guy at MLB like T'ao, Ogletree (this tree is better than the idiot on the other side of the vall) or Minter, then your LB corp is pretty darned good and could lead the defensive unit to stardom. I am not saying that we should do that, just that I can't throw away the possibility....my preference as stated quite often is OL, but I could be talked into DL as well

vCash
    I think Cowboys have to go DL because we need to generate pressure on the QB next year to help us. I'm sick of not seeing a lot of sacks.

Also the safety class is pretty deep and good according to several scouts and draft website people, so hopefully Cowboys can get one of them. Id love Kenny Varcarro in the first round but I wouldnt mind Eric Reid in the second.
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    Wow I just watched film on dion Jordan and he is outstanding great speed from the edge and played the run perfect. My number one guy now. Lol @romo2witten thanks for bringing him to my attention!

vCash
    Scouting Report on Sheldon Richardson

Sheldon Richardson Scouting Report

Take a look at the positives and negatives.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 04-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    I think last year Jerry said he would've drafted Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round, if we didn't trade it. That's interesting because we already had Ware, Lee, Carter, and Spencer as our linebackers. Why would we need to draft another linebacker in the 2nd round? It's that because Jerry was already planning on switching to a 4-3 scheme in the near future? Now I look back it makes sense. So, Fred you mentioned this as being a possibility, I also could see us drafting a linebacker in the 1st or 2nd round.

vCash
    Owner.

vCash
    If we can trade down in the 1st rd to gain multiple picks im all for it, especially if we can come away with a combination of a eric reid and barrett jones.

vCash
    I think in the first round should be OG, unless both Warmack and Cooper are gone. If they are I go DE with best available. I like Ansah, Okafor & Hunt (not necessarily in that order).

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    @godfather Montgomery and dion Jordan are better than all three of those DEs

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast