Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    vCash
    1500
    Owners will be owners...smh if someone actually gives him a max deal.



    Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    803
    vCash
    1500
    No way Josh...

    Lakers will give him the MAX.xD

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he's not worth max money, but theres a team out there willing to pay him max money. there's just not enough talent to go around in the NBA.

    thats why...

    Rashard Lewis
    Amare Stoudmire
    Rudy Gay
    Joe Johnson
    etc..

    get paid..
    Wow, last time I was here ppl were screaming EXPANSION because of the depth of talent in the NBA. So which is it?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Needville, Texas
    Posts
    11,618
    vCash
    1500
    I think there is a huge difference between "max player" and "superstar". People get the max who are borderline all-stars, but guys who can lead a team to a championship with the right pieces or even as a second option, those are the guys who actially deserve that kind of commitment. If Josh Smith is making that much money, then your team, with the salary cap what it is, is highly unlikely to win a championship, and much more likely to be stuck in mediocrity purgatory.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he's not worth max money, but theres a team out there willing to pay him max money. there's just not enough talent to go around in the NBA.

    thats why...

    Rashard Lewis
    Amare Stoudmire
    Rudy Gay
    Joe Johnson
    etc..

    get paid..
    Amare Stoudemire was a 5X All NBA player on one of the best teams consistently in the NBA so he shouldn't even be included in this group.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Needville, Texas
    Posts
    11,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    everybody thinks they deserve the max! In reality, there are only about ten players in the league worthy of a max, but teams will still offer it to him
    Yup.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Needville, Texas
    Posts
    11,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Amare Stoudemire was a 5X All NBA player on one of the best teams consistently in the NBA so he shouldn't even be included in this group.
    He also had a knee that no one would ensure.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    He also had a knee that no one would ensure.
    What does that have to do with talent? The statement was there isn't enough talent to go around the NBA not guys with good knees...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,381
    vCash
    1500
    There's 30 teams in the NBA.

    Under the new CBA, the salary floor is $49M. That means all 30 teams MUST spend at least $49M per year in salary.

    So, if Lebron, Durant, CP3, Rose etc are all tied up, and you're not a "glamor" destination, how exactly are those "other" teams supposed to compete or fill seats?

    Someone will pay Josh Smith. Either a cellar team who just wants to be in the play off race, or a rebuilding team that wants a 3rd tier star to attract better Free Agents, or a play off team that just needs one more piece to become a team that's legitimately in the Championship race.

    Some folks think only 10 players deserve max contract, but with Super teams all over the place, the other teams don't have much choice but to open their pockets if they don't have Hollywood, Madison Avenue, or huge populations to draw top tier free agents.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,914
    vCash
    1500
    I think people are nuts the way they are ripping Josh Smith here. First off his defense/hustle plays dont show up in a boxscore and This guy should be a multiple time allstar that has not even reached his full potential yet imo. Right now the Max Contract should be designated for the top-30 players in the NBA, 1 for every team. Smith fits in that category.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,332
    vCash
    1500
    he'll get it,or close to it

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,764
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I don't think Ferry was there at that time, which is why I don't think Smith will be getting it there. Ferry is a smart guy
    This. I believe the only way we even re-sign Smith is if he brings Howard with him, or he does something in the playoffs that we haven't seen from him the last few seasons. At this point I would rather give Ivan Johnson and Korver money to re-sign with us.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,005
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he's not worth max money, but theres a team out there willing to pay him max money. there's just not enough talent to go around in the NBA.

    thats why...

    Rashard Lewis
    Amare Stoudmire
    Rudy Gay
    Joe Johnson
    etc..

    get paid..
    All of those contracts were widely criticized at the time too but they made sense for the teams making them at at the time. This is why I sadly think Smith might get one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    If Lopez got it...he'll get it.
    Isn't Lopez's max significantly lower than Smith's?

    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    There's 30 teams in the NBA.

    Under the new CBA, the salary floor is $49M. That means all 30 teams MUST spend at least $49M per year in salary.

    So, if Lebron, Durant, CP3, Rose etc are all tied up, and you're not a "glamor" destination, how exactly are those "other" teams supposed to compete or fill seats?

    Someone will pay Josh Smith. Either a cellar team who just wants to be in the play off race, or a rebuilding team that wants a 3rd tier star to attract better Free Agents, or a play off team that just needs one more piece to become a team that's legitimately in the Championship race.

    Some folks think only 10 players deserve max contract, but with Super teams all over the place, the other teams don't have much choice but to open their pockets if they don't have Hollywood, Madison Avenue, or huge populations to draw top tier free agents.
    I get the logic here but it's still bad business to play equal money for Josh Smith that another team is paying for LeBron James. That's why the Hawks have been stunk in NBA purgatory.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    419
    vCash
    1500
    He's not a max player. But, someone will give him max money and the be terrible in two years because they maxed out Josh Smith. The problem is that most players are not max players, but teams have to max them out to keep them.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    921
    vCash
    1500
    how can he be a max player?

    he has never made an all star game!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •