Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Celtics do?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ride it out. Make no changes and hope it comes together

0 0%
  • Fire Doc. Bring in a new voice and hope it changes the atmosphere.

1 2.27%
  • Blow it up. Trade as many large contract vets as you can and try to start over now.

26 59.09%
  • Tweak the roster. Make some minor moves and try different offensive and defensive sets.

17 38.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Ainge is basically facing a decision just like the C's had in the early 90s. And just like BleedingGreen9 here, Danny can't make up his mind either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    I want Nate McMillan on the bench.
    Can he play defense?

vCash
    Q: Does Ainge now have an excuse to start dismantling the team?

On one hand, the fans may be willing to admit defeat in the moment. The team can't contend without Rondo and it would be perfect time to start evaluating younger players. Lottery picks are nice too

On the other, Pierce and KG just led the team to gritty, nationally televised win over the reigning champs. How would fans react to pushing these guys out the door right after losing Rondo? Would management be concerned about ticket sales?

What do yalls think?

vCash
    Yes, management/owners won't tolerate a blow up of the team. They've come too far and the team has risen in value too much to do that. Danny will make some moves to keep us competitive.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    How about Kevin Garnett for Kevin Love?

vCash
    ^ No way we'd be getting robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    ^ No way we'd be getting robbed.
    Not sure if serious...
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 01-27-2013 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Nah, I'd rather trade Jason Collins for Love. Makes more sense for Minny.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Nooo way! Collins was +20 in 13 minutes against the Hawks.

I'd only take Love if they threw in Rubio and a draft pick

vCash
    Celtics aren't going to blow up this team anytime soon.

Making the playoffs, especially the 8th seed this year, will bring in tons of money for ownership.

I can see them trading for one of the Raptors PGs; think Calderon is more likely, since he will cost less. But I would want Lowry instead.

Bass, Lee, Melo, and a pick for Lowry and Fields is something that works financially, and is a trade that the Raptors might consider.

After that, shipping Pierce and Collins to LA for Gasol gives this team a much needed big man, and allows Green to start.

The Depth Chart would look like this:

PG: Lowry/Terry
    SG: Bradley/Barbosa
    SF: Green/Fields
    PF: Garnett/Sullinger
    C: Gasol/Wilcox

Would be a fun team to watch, and would definitely get that #8 seed at least. Would probably be better than the team we had before Rondo got hurt anyways.
    Last edited by xnick5757; 01-28-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    ^ i was thinking about lowry first time i heard the news about rondo .

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aksvnbg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    They will never blow it up. There was just a big article recently about how much Wyc and the owners have made on the team since buying it, and how much the net worth is now. They would sell the team before they blew it up. Blowing it up is something small market teams do.

This team has turned into one of the top 4 money making teams in the league. This type of franchise will annually do what it has to to keep getting into the playoffs, and keep the franchise winning. I guarantee each and every one of the 8 voters in this poll who voted to blow it up, that this franchise will never "blow up" the team.
    100% correct^ It's a money issue. Now that the Celtics are listed 700mil+ and #4 in NBA, never happen. The plan all along was to go this direction.

I would love to see the Celtics get M. Gortat if the price was right. From what i've heard the asking price for JJ Redick is really high.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    PP/ KG will retire Celtics, book it.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    I hope not! Someone with " Tomfoolery " LOL

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Having pondered this for a day, I think they ride this out.

1) They only have room to sign players to a minimum contract AND if they do at this point it is fully guaranteed.

2) To sign a player would complicate any possible trade before the deadline by further restricting the limited flexibility the C's have.

3) Why make a trade? A) To contend, B) to transition toward the future.

To contend is not a realistic prospect. The C's do not have the pieces nor the flexibility to pull off a major trade that would secure both a dependable scorer and a decent defensive big without trading away some of the pieces they would need to contend.

To transition toward the future is a difficult prospect at best. Pierce, KG and Terry are the parts the C's could part with. All three have some attractiveness to contending teams. None of the three will return the young impact player or lottery pick that will significantly impact the franshise moving forward.

4) If I were DAnny, I would have met with Pierce first thing this morning. I would have sought his opinion on each of the scenarios above and given him the option of being traded to a contending team if he wished. Pierce deserves to go out on his terms.

I would have followed that with a meeting with KG. Same discussion.

I would not necessarily follow Pierce and / or KG's recommendations or suggestions but I would want to know where there minds and hearts are at.

5) I would meet with Doc. Look, Doc and DAnny were pretty fair guards in their day. They know guard play. If anyone has a handle on what Barbosa, Lee, Terry and Bradley can do in place of Rondo these two guys should.

6) The team is below .500 and there are 3+ weeks left to the trade deadline. It's 3 weeks to determne if they need to accelerate their plans or keep a steady course. For the reasons listed above I am not expecting any significant move until just before the deadline, if then.

I would tell Kenyon Dooling to prepare to play, to get in shape.

I would look to possiby sign a player to 10 day contracts but not until at least Feb 1st.

Part of preparing for the future is to get Lee, Bradley, Green, Sullinger and Melo playing time. Lee and Bradley especially are going to have the chance to step up and prove their value.

7) At the trade deadline, where does the team stand? Still below .500? Hovering around .500 or have they improved their positioning? And if they have improved their positioning, has it been by enough to warrant looking at making a substantive trade towards contending?
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast