Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    No way Detroit makes that deal; they are A LOT more than Darrelle Revis away from a Super Bowl. If Revis gets traded, it is going to be to a team that feels like he is the missing piece to a possible Super Bowl. Teams like that would be Denver, perhaps a team like Atlanta.
    What could either of them offer us that'd interest us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    Not sure. The reason I say a team like Detroit doesn't do it is because of the holes they have. You don't get to 4-12 without a bunch of issues and more than likely, they could just stay at #5 and draft Dee Milner. They have no RB, no WR out of Johnson, the o-line is suspect, DE is a need. Revis would put them in the same hole that we would be in if we signed him.

For teams like Denver and Atlanta, trading for Revis isn't that big of a deal because all the picks, whenever they may be, will be at the end of each round. Detroit you would be talking about the 5th overall pick, plus a contract MUCH higher than Millner's would be at #5 and you could have Millner for at least 4 or 5 years too.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    That is what I think to scopepts. And if you look at the NFL Playoffs, the name of the game is scoring points. Remember back to Divisional Weekend when the 8 teams combined for 276 points. The Jets all year had 281.

What good does having 25+ million tied up in Cromartie and Revis if your offense can't put any points on the scoreboard? For 16 million a season, I can find a very good RB, WR, and an o-lineman to help my cause.

Plus, with all the multiple WR sets in the NFL now days, you can gameplan away from a Darrelle Revis. Let's say this year the Jets are playing New England and I am Tom Brady and Revis is on Welker. Guess what Darrelle, you can cover Welker all day; I will just continue to torch the rest of the Jets with Gronkowski, Hernandez, Ridley, Vereen, Lloyd, and Branch. Move to someone else, and I go back to Welker in a NY minute.
    I agree with you 100% about the matchup against the Pats. I also agree with Scopepts that it is much too costly to pay him 16-17 mil per. I was just saying that if a WR gets that money, why shouldn't the guy who erases him from the game?

Revis doesn't belong in our division anyway as there is no real great WR in the AFC east. He would be perfect for NO Saints playing the Falcons twice a year.
    Last edited by Pattty Drips; 01-26-2013 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    For the right return, this is a no-brainer. The Jets are rebuilding and need a lot of help. If they can find a way to dump Sanchez too they are in great shape to turn it around sooner rather than later.

vCash
    You build through the draft... Pats, Steelers... Mostly home grown players. Revis has done everything in his power to milk the Jets over the years, not showing up to tcs.. ect. That is not what a face of a franchise is supposed to do, you trade him for at least 2 picks and build through the draft. You can't trust knee injuries either.

vCash
    D.thomas comes to mind from Denver, and I'm not saying him for revis straight up but him included in a nice package.

Atlanta has a few very talented OLB's I know that's a need.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    D.thomas comes to mind from Denver, and I'm not saying him for revis straight up but him included in a nice package.

Atlanta has a few very talented OLB's I know that's a need.
    No, they are a local team where I am currently at. D Thomas is very overrated, drops alot of easy passes.

vCash
    Not sure. The reason I say a team like Detroit doesn't do it is because of the holes they have. You don't get to 4-12 without a bunch of issues and more than likely, they could just stay at #5 and draft Dee Milner. They have no RB, no WR out of Johnson, the o-line is suspect, DE is a need. Revis would put them in the same hole that we would be in if we signed him.

For teams like Denver and Atlanta, trading for Revis isn't that big of a deal because all the picks, whenever they may be, will be at the end of each round. Detroit you would be talking about the 5th overall pick, plus a contract MUCH higher than Millner's would be at #5 and you could have Millner for at least 4 or 5 years too.
    Detroit lost games in the 4th quarter they lack a secondary just a decent trade option, I dont wanna trade revis but I want a kings ransom for him, and Revis should realize hes not getting a 6-100 deal hes been hurt throughout his career regardless of how hes the best corner in the league corners dont win championships or get paid 15+ per year, I'd offer a 5-60 deal with 38 guaranteed or something like that and if he doesnt like it then trade him and rebuild

vCash
    Get the most you can for him... That would be my goal if I was the GM. We don't even know if he will be the same!

vCash
    Send him to the Seahawks for Richard Sherman and a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

vCash
    He has no idea what he's talking about. If nhe believes that only Super Bowl contenders will inquire, he's delusional. And not many other teams are as desperate for secondary help than Detroit who has shown they are playoff material. They need corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    this trade for Revis I would actually do but Seattle woulldnt,they have no reason to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    this trade for Revis I would actually do but Seattle woulldnt,they have no reason to

vCash
    i dont understand the concept for trading revis for a first round pick

we will never get lucky enough to turn that pick into another revis

vCash
    Do you guys think Revis will do what NBA players do and say he wont sign an extension with a team? Im sure a team wouldnt trade multiple picks for him if he wont resign. Only a team VERY close to the Super Bowl might consider it but then why would the Jets do that trade? They'll be receiving late picks for the best defensive player in the league

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast