Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    i dont understand the concept for trading revis for a first round pick

we will never get lucky enough to turn that pick into another revis
    the concept has multiple layers to it, one of which is the idea that if you don't trade him and you can't resign him due to cap constraints, then you get what you can for him vs. losing him to FA and getting only a 3rd round compensatory pick in return.

i'm not necessarily supporting that idea... just explaining the multiple dimensions to trading revis
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Trade Revis

In all honesty we are going to suck this season. Build for the following season when our cap space opens up

Trade Revis for a first rounder and a third rounder, teams will bid for him

Then this year work at building the team with young talent, shedding all the older guys and sucking to get high picks in next years draft.

I know this is not baseball, but look at the Washington nationals. They sucked, got the top talent, then spent the money. Now they are set, and that's exactly what the jets should do
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    Just out of curiosity. Do teams prefer to hit a homerun in the draft, where they will have to eventually pay their player? Or do they prefer to get a double and have a serviceable player, like Bryan Thomas, and retain his services, without ever breaking the bank, for his entire career?

I honestly don't know now. If teams develop their first rounders into superstars and in turn let them go via free agency or trade, what good could come from that? Or they keep them and pay them ridiculous amounts of money only to put them in "cap hell". I just don't get what good can from drafting a stud. Unless of course it is a stud QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Do teams prefer to hit a homerun in the draft, where they will have to eventually pay their player? Or do they prefer to get a double and have a serviceable player, like Bryan Thomas, and retain his services, without ever breaking the bank, for his entire career?

I honestly don't know now. If teams develop their first rounders into superstars and in turn let them go via free agency or trade, what good could come from that? Or they keep them and pay them ridiculous amounts of money only to put them in "cap hell". I just don't get what good can from drafting a stud. Unless of course it is a stud QB.
    It's a reasonable question. Guys like Revis can break the cap especially when it's now not adjusting to the price of inflation - it's freezing yet player value keeps going up. The problem is that Tanny kept going after players for Rex without looking towards the looming Revis payday. Couple that with contracts that were expiring before Revis' - Mangold, Harris, Cromartie, Holmes, and Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post

Double post.

vCash
    I would almost argue to trade Revis for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. We pick Warmack with the 9th and maybe B. Jones with our 2nd round pick or a WR...but a first next year would be gold.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234