Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Terrible idea, who was the last great player who even had a big dropoff after an ACL tear? I cant think of one but i can think Brady, Peterson, Welker of great players who came back just as good if not better afterwards. Even Cromartie tore his ACL at FSU that didnt hurt him in college, being drafted, or NFL career. You dont trade Hall of Fame players in the middle of their careers. We trade Revis we're left with Kyle Wilson starting and no nickel CB, we have enough holes on this team already to open 2 more. Who's to say we even get a premier pass rusher in the draft? The draft is a risk. He's making 6 mill this year Cro is probably around 10 (thats a guess, i dont know his exact cap number) if you really had to choose why not trade Cro (who only has 2 years left on his own deal and could easily leave us and then we'd have absolutely no good CBs) coming off an amazing year and give Revis an extension with the cleared space? Why not finally switch to a 4-3 and trade Harris to clear the needed space? After this year we can cut Sanchez that'll clear cap space for us. We've been able to get around worse cap situations than this without doing anything nowhere near this drastic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    When we trade him and im almost positive they will, I would want every single pick we get to be for next years draft this year is pretty weak I would prefer to have those picks in a year when Johny football and company are coming out
    Johnny Football was a freshman this year so you'd want the draft 2 years from now for Revis? Manziel also is very raw throwing the ball so I personally wouldnt even want him anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    Johnny Football was a freshman this year so you'd want the draft 2 years from now for Revis? Manziel also is very raw throwing the ball so I personally wouldnt even want him anyway
    Manziel was a redshirt freshman, he could come out next year if he chooses BUT I'd much rather have Teddy Bridgewater or Clowney if given the choice.

vCash
    If revis wants to get Peyton manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady money I would trade him without bating an eyelash. And I know I was against trading him prior to this post but after debating this with friends last night I can to this conclusion.

1. Revis is not a QB and doesn't deserve that money, I don't care how much of an elite player he is. He should be the highest paid CB. That's around 8-10 mil, for Christ sake cromartie who was a top 3 CB this year got 9 mil.

2. What's the use of having two great CBs when we have a lot of holes to fill? There is a ton of talent in the middle rounds this year. And with better drafting we can build a team from bottom up.

3. Last but not least I'm tired of this guys hold outs and threatening to sit out. I understand its a buisness but really dude enough is enough.

Bottom line, if we can upgrade by one subtraction we should be in better shape going forward. And I know some posters will disagree with this assessment, but I feel building for the future is far more important.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    If revis wants to get Peyton manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady money I would trade him without bating an eyelash. And I know I was against trading him prior to this post but after debating this with friends last night I can to this conclusion.

1. Revis is not a QB and doesn't deserve that money, I don't care how much of an elite player he is. He should be the highest paid CB. That's around 8-10 mil, for Christ sake cromartie who was a top 3 CB this year got 9 mil.

2. What's the use of having two great CBs when we have a lot of holes to fill? There is a ton of talent in the middle rounds this year. And with better drafting we can build a team from bottom up.

3. Last but not least I'm tired of this guys hold outs and threatening to sit out. I understand its a buisness but really dude enough is enough.

Bottom line, if we can upgrade by one subtraction we should be in better shape going forward. And I know some posters will disagree with this assessment, but I feel building for the future is far more important.
    I agree that a cb should not get qb money, however I do believe they deserve wr money. In the case of Revis, he makes every WR his b itch game in game out. If there are any certainties in the NFL, one is Revis will shutdown a top flight WR in every game he plays.

Now that brings me to Megatron, who played vs Revis one-on-one and was held to one catch for 13 yards. And I am not entirely sure the dude made that catch vs Revis or not. either way that is a terrible stat line for one of the games most dominant players.

Megatron signed an eight year deal worth $132 million dollars with half of it guaranteed. Logic tells me that if Revis can make him invisible he should receive something semblable to what CJ makes. Or at least what a franchised WR would get. That would be fair.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Revis paid as little as possible, maybe 10 million per, from the Jets but that is not likely as he and his agents aren't stupid donkeys who don't have any leverage. Either way he deserves the money whether it's from us or some other team he is going to get paid.
    Last edited by Pattty Drips; 01-26-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: corrected grammar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Manziel was a redshirt freshman, he could come out next year if he chooses BUT I'd much rather have Teddy Bridgewater or Clowney if given the choice.

vCash

Thumbs up ReVis Trade

REVIS FOR FITZGERALD FROM ARIZONA AND A FOURTH ROUNDER .... WHY NOT ? Excellent player to have on the NY JETS .. That's what they need ... Teach Holmes how to be a wide receiver in the nfl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cc558 View Post
    REVIS FOR FITZGERALD FROM ARIZONA AND A FOURTH ROUNDER .... WHY NOT ? Excellent player to have on the NY JETS .. That's what they need ... Teach Holmes how to be a wide receiver in the nfl
    I would be fine with this pick if it was a 3rd.. What good is fitz to us if as most jets fan would say we don't have anyone to throw him the ball
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    how about trade revis and pouha to the eagles for their 1,2, and 5 and then trade their first to st louis for their two firsts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    I agree that a cb should not get qb money, however I do believe they deserve wr money. In the case of Revis, he makes every WR his b itch game in game out. If there are any certainties in the NFL, one is Revis will shutdown a top flight WR in every game he plays.

Now that brings me to Megatron, who played vs Revis one-on-one and was held to one catch for 13 yards. And I am not entirely sure the dude made that catch vs Revis or not. either way that is a terrible stat line for one of the games most dominant players.

Megatron signed an eight year deal worth $132 million dollars with half of it guaranteed. Logic tells me that if Revis can make him invisible he should receive something semblable to what CJ makes. Or at least what a franchised WR would get. That would be fair.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Revis paid as little as possible, maybe 10 million per, from the Jets but that is not likely as he and his agents aren't stupid donkeys who don't have any leverage. Either way he deserves the money whether it's from us or some other team he is going to get paid.

While I understand your logic and respect you as a poster I have to respectfully disagree. Revis for one is not an offensive player in an offense driven league. Very rarely do teams win games 6-3. And I do agree revis should get paid, but for his position HE PLAYS. Being the best CB in the league an getting paid like it and being the best player in the league and getting paid for it is millions apart.

If we resign revis I'd LOVE the move, but if he's going to hold the organization back due to pride and wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL I'm sorry you have to go.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    While I understand your logic and respect you as a poster I have to respectfully disagree. Revis for one is not an offensive player in an offense driven league. Very rarely do teams win games 6-3. And I do agree revis should get paid, but for his position HE PLAYS. Being the best CB in the league an getting paid like it and being the best player in the league and getting paid for it is millions apart.

If we resign revis I'd LOVE the move, but if he's going to hold the organization back due to pride and wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL I'm sorry you have to go.
    That is what I think to scopepts. And if you look at the NFL Playoffs, the name of the game is scoring points. Remember back to Divisional Weekend when the 8 teams combined for 276 points. The Jets all year had 281.

What good does having 25+ million tied up in Cromartie and Revis if your offense can't put any points on the scoreboard? For 16 million a season, I can find a very good RB, WR, and an o-lineman to help my cause.

Plus, with all the multiple WR sets in the NFL now days, you can gameplan away from a Darrelle Revis. Let's say this year the Jets are playing New England and I am Tom Brady and Revis is on Welker. Guess what Darrelle, you can cover Welker all day; I will just continue to torch the rest of the Jets with Gronkowski, Hernandez, Ridley, Vereen, Lloyd, and Branch. Move to someone else, and I go back to Welker in a NY minute.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    That is what I think to scopepts. And if you look at the NFL Playoffs, the name of the game is scoring points. Remember back to Divisional Weekend when the 8 teams combined for 276 points. The Jets all year had 281.

What good does having 25+ million tied up in Cromartie and Revis if your offense can't put any points on the scoreboard? For 16 million a season, I can find a very good RB, WR, and an o-lineman to help my cause.

Plus, with all the multiple WR sets in the NFL now days, you can gameplan away from a Darrelle Revis. Let's say this year the Jets are playing New England and I am Tom Brady and Revis is on Welker. Guess what Darrelle, you can cover Welker all day; I will just continue to torch the rest of the Jets with Gronkowski, Hernandez, Ridley, Vereen, Lloyd, and Branch. Move to someone else, and I go back to Welker in a NY minute.
    Exactly, I'd rather take what we can get and hopefully turn it into offense.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Exactly, I'd rather take what we can get and hopefully turn it into offense.
    And an OLB that can get after the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    how about trade revis and pouha to the eagles for their 1,2, and 5 and then trade their first to st louis for their two firsts
    they have drc and aso... they dont need revis they need a offensive line so not happening, I see Revis going to the lion for their 5th overal their 2nd and maybe next years 1st or 2nd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    they have drc and aso... they dont need revis they need a offensive line so not happening, I see Revis going to the lion for their 5th overal their 2nd and maybe next years 1st or 2nd
    No way Detroit makes that deal; they are A LOT more than Darrelle Revis away from a Super Bowl. If Revis gets traded, it is going to be to a team that feels like he is the missing piece to a possible Super Bowl. Teams like that would be Denver, perhaps a team like Atlanta.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast