Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

So the Bulls current winning % equates to 50-32. How did we climb back?

I've said since the end of last year that we will still get 50 wins. Now we are statistically on our way there.

What I really wanted to discuss was how we got here. I really think that the play of Nate Robinson, Jimmy Butler, and Marco Belinelli has made the big difference as a collective. Sure, Deng, Boozer, and Noah are beasting on their own, but the first trio I mentioned has made us resilient as ever.

- Butler's clutch offensive rebounding, lock down defense against BIG name players, smart offense. at .867% from the free throw line he is a full 4% improved off of his career avg. And he is putting up a robust 49% fg%.

- Belinelli hitting clutch shots, nifty layups, really looking like he's assembled a rhythm. He's underrated as **** IMO with his ability to finish at the rim with both hands and score so effortlessly sometimes even put the ball on the floor. .388% from the 3pt line this year thusfar, and is 3% better from the free throw line compared to his career avg (he's at .838 now). Obviously some big shots this season.

- Nate is shooting .385% from the 3 point line this season. His hustle and intensity is clutch. He's also shooting 2.5% better from the free throw line compared to his career numbers. (he's at .824 now). His defense is solid with his energy. I think he's starting to refine that "shoot vs. pass" thing more lately.

So with a little bit of extra hustle, hardwork, finding your place in a system, and scoring even in inadvertent fashion from these guys has propelled this team back. I still think that all three guys are underrated to some degree. What do you guys think?

vCash
    word
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I would add Carlos Boozer to that list.

vCash
    It's actually much more simple than that:

Thibs is ****ing awesome.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    If the team that damn good than the team is that damn good. If Rose was here then it would be on a pace of winning 65 to 70 games this season. Right now we've lost 10 games that should have been won and was definitely winnable. But I am impress with how high the record is. If we were in the West we've be at the 5th seed which is still pretty damn good without Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcubs22xx View Post
    I've said since the end of last year that we will still get 50 wins. Now we are statistically on our way there.

What I really wanted to discuss was how we got here. I really think that the play of Nate Robinson, Jimmy Butler, and Marco Belinelli has made the big difference as a collective. Sure, Deng, Boozer, and Noah are beasting on their own, but the first trio I mentioned has made us resilient as ever.

- Butler's clutch offensive rebounding, lock down defense against BIG name players, smart offense. at .867% from the free throw line he is a full 4% improved off of his career avg. And he is putting up a robust 49% fg%.

- Belinelli hitting clutch shots, nifty layups, really looking like he's assembled a rhythm. He's underrated as **** IMO with his ability to finish at the rim with both hands and score so effortlessly sometimes even put the ball on the floor. .388% from the 3pt line this year thusfar, and is 3% better from the free throw line compared to his career avg (he's at .838 now). Obviously some big shots this season.

- Nate is shooting .385% from the 3 point line this season. His hustle and intensity is clutch. He's also shooting 2.5% better from the free throw line compared to his career numbers. (he's at .824 now). His defense is solid with his energy. I think he's starting to refine that "shoot vs. pass" thing more lately.

So with a little bit of extra hustle, hardwork, finding your place in a system, and scoring even in inadvertent fashion from these guys has propelled this team back. I still think that all three guys are underrated to some degree. What do you guys think?
    Don't forget how well Tom had coached this team!

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Boozer playing consistent and Thibs being an OG are also strong points.
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    I've been saying it all along that this team is better than last years. I'd take our new bench vs the old any day of the week.

Hinrich > Watson
    Robinson > Lucas
    Butler > Brewer
    Bellinelli > Korver
    Taj is still Taj

We had a limited offensive bench last year. Korver is a great great shooter off screens but he is only good off screens. He can't create his own shot at all. Bellinelli is easily better just on that alone. He can drive and create his own shot. He adds a dimension that Korver didn't have and that's is what you need to beat the Heat. The Heat are an overly athletic team which when playing vs. a predictable offense, they have no trouble shutting you down. But add a wrinkle to the equation and it shows that they aren't necessarily a smart defensive team like the Bulls are.

Nate Robinson is about 10 times the spark plug that John Lucas was. He also brings a lot more to the table than Lucas including passing which I know every one hated about Lucas.

Butler is proving that he is better than Brewer. Brewer is forever going to have a high motor and cuz of his length and athleticism it makes him a great defender, but when it comes to offense it's just not there. You couldn't really count on Brewer making a move on a defender and popping a shot. His hitch is just to bad to be consistent. Not to mention he cost more than Butler. Butler on the other hand is an up and coming young motor, with above average Defense, above average hustle, and a slowly improving offensive game.

Hinrich is just an overall smarter and better suited PG than Watson is. He plays tenacious D and can play the 1 and 2 which Watson couldn't. Put it this way, would you trust Hinrich on Wade for a limited time in a game? Probably because he has shown that he can guard him b4. Now would you trust Watson covering Wade? That's almost laughable to think about.

Overall we are more athletic, more versatile, better offensively, and equal to or better on defense. In hindsight every one wishes we still had Omer Asik, but why handcuff our little financial flexibility for a limited player? I think our FO deserves an award for the job they are doing.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 01-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I've been saying it all along that this team is better than last years. I'd take our new bench vs the old any day of the week.

Hinrich > Watson
    Robinson > Lucas
    Butler > Brewer
    Bellinelli > Korver
    Taj is still Taj
    That is true but you forgot the bench's one weakness. If the Bulls had a halfway decent back-up center the bench would really be excellent.

Mohammed <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Asik
    "In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet."

vCash
    Actually... last season Taj > this season Taj.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA27 View Post
    That is true but you forgot the bench's one weakness. If the Bulls had a halfway decent back-up center the bench would really be excellent.

Mohammed <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Asik
    I didn't forget it I was just discussing strengths. My take on that situation is still the same. We made the right move not signing him. It's going to pay off. I think if we don't trade Hamilton for a defensive big this year, we will draft a C, ideally Jeff Withey. If we don't get our guy at C in the draft, than I can see us shooting for Victor Oladipo. Can you imagine the defense with Deng and Butler rotating at the 3 and Victor and Butler at the 2? Everyone needs to realize that this is a business too, and making bad choices like signing Asik for a monster contract is dealing with your HEART. Our FO is using their BRAIN!!! Right now we are setup for a trade if we want to go that route. But don't expect some stupid big trade for a Howard or Love. It will be small. We don't need any egos on this team.

In all honesty, to beat the Heat we don't really need another C. They have undersized terrible big men as it is. We are actually built to beat them this year better than last year. Deng and Butler will D up Wade and Lebron. Hinrich will get a little work in on Wade too. A 3 man big rotation of Boozer, Noah, Taj is more than enough vs. the Heat. I'm sure the Heat will try and run a small lineup here and there with Lebron at PF. If that is the case that plays right into our hands.

Overall I'm just as confident going into the playoffs this year as I was last year. It's not inconceivable that the Bulls go in with the 1 seed again either!!!

vCash
    If you could sum up the effect of every talking point here (bench production, Butler, Nate, Marco, etc.), they would all pale in comparison to Boozer and JoNo's contributions. Those two are the primary movers for this team and it cannot be understated. I'm actually shocked how many people didn't mention Boozer's performance (especially this January). The front court is finally closing in on the 'best-case' scenario fans were hoping for when Boozer was signed.

As much as I look forward to Rose's return, I also know he's disrupt what the Bulls have been doing to a degree.

vCash
    It's awesome being right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    It's awesome being right
    Ain't it?

vCash

vCash
    Toovs so much Lulz in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast