Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Someone who will be hot in the trade block this season is Bobby Ryan. I expect him to go somewhere like Philadelphia or Boston.
    I agree he's had a terrible start to the season, I'd love to have him in NY but we'd never manage that so I think a perfect fit for him might be either Montreal or Toronto. Two teams that need some offense with size up front.

vCash
    Who/what do you think Iginla will be traded for, and to what team? I'd love for him to come to the Pens, and that move probably makes the most sense, but it's not gonna be cheap, and I don't think Shero likes to gamble anymore with pending UFAs with gigantic price tags after Iginla. I'd offer:

Maatta, Tangradi/Kennedy and a pick (1st if he re-signs here, 2nd if he doesn't, with both in 2014)

However, I don't think/know if Feaster would accept that. I don't like throwing 1st round picks at potential rentals. If he would re-sign here 100%, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

vCash
    The flames have to trade Iggy, they lost badly to the Avs who are missing 3 key players. Kipper looked pretty bad as well, a few softies. They don't look close and only 1 win in 5 games.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    the flames dont know the meaning of a rebuild, there is a good chance that iggy,kipper etc are all still with the flames at the end of the season, there is an even better chance that try to buy players at the trade deadline

vCash
    Brayden schenn, luke schenn, marc andre bourdon, scott laughton, , Bradley manning, 2 1st round picks.

Bobby Ryan, Corey Perry, (sbisa?)

vCash
    I think the Flames are gonna keep Iggy until he retires really. Kipper and the rest might go but I see them doing what Ottawa has done around Alfredsson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I think the Flames are gonna keep Iggy until he retires really. Kipper and the rest might go but I see them doing what Ottawa has done around Alfredsson
    the difference is though and i may have some bias but we actually rebuilt while keeping alfie. we dealt out all our vets minus the career sens (alfie,neil,phillips) and actually rebuilt and put together a good core now. if the flames had done that from the beginning they could have had a proper shot at contending with iggy now or atleast making the playoffs with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the difference is though and i may have some bias but we actually rebuilt while keeping alfie. we dealt out all our vets minus the career sens (alfie,neil,phillips) and actually rebuilt and put together a good core now. if the flames had done that from the beginning they could have had a proper shot at contending with iggy now or atleast making the playoffs with him
    I don't know if people give the Flames enough credit at times I mean they've added Hudler, Cammaleri, and Cervenka this year. Hudler and Cammaleri are 29 and 30 years old, Cervenka is 27. Iginla, Sarich, Begin , Tanguay and Kipper are the only "older" guys, Tanguay is still only 33, on the team. I think if they traded Kipper, Tanguay, Sarich, Stajan, Stepniak and Begin at the deadline they could get some younger players and turn on the fly. They also have a D core that should be in it's prime really, so getting some younger players and adding to Sven Baertchi, Cervenka, Granlund, Backland, Horak, the youth of the flames, they might not be so bad, they certainly couldn't do much worse. The key to this all is for Bowmeister, Giordano and Weidmen to be as good as they are supposed to be and for them to find a young goalie maybe a Bishop or Lehner from Ottawa to go forward with.

The best and biggest change Ottawa made was getting Paul MacLean, he should have been a head coach years ago, very smart hockey guy.
    Last edited by bsi; 02-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't know if people give the Flames enough credit at times I mean they've added Hudler, Cammaleri, and Cervenka this year. Hudler and Cammaleri are 29 and 30 years old, Cervenka is 27. Iginla, Sarich, Begin , Tanguay and Kipper are the only "older" guys, Tanguay is still only 33, on the team. I think if they traded Kipper, Tanguay, Sarich, Stajan, Stepniak and Begin at the deadline they could get some younger players and turn on the fly. They also have a D core that should be in it's prime really, so getting some younger players and adding to Sven Baertchi, Cervenka, Granlund, Backland, Horak, the youth of the flames, they might not be so bad, they certainly couldn't do much worse. The key to this all is for Bowmeister, Giordano and Weidmen to be as good as they are supposed to be and for them to find a young goalie maybe a Bishop or Lehner from Ottawa to go forward with.

The best and biggest change Ottawa made was getting Paul MacLean, he should have been a head coach years ago, very smart hockey guy.
    the thing is though atleast this is the general consensus that the flames should have started there rebuild 2 years ago.

kipper at 34 could have given them a lot more value than kipper at 36 since its around that age give or take a year that goalies begin to decline(thomas is the exception this is off the top of my head)

tanguay is good enough to get some value for him but 2 years ago he was coming off a good comeback season and could have been sold for more

sarich and stemp are not going to return much maybe a 2nd+meh spec if lucky

stajan wont get anything of value and begin barely made the flames out of camp at best he might get a 5th

if they had done this 2 years ago then quite a bit of there core would be either in there prime years or just about to enter there prime years. now if they were to do it imo they wont be a playoff team for atleast another 3 seasons and around that time they would have to sell off other pieces again so it just increases the length of the rebuild. the flames really should have done the varlamov+ for kipper deal 2 years ago that alone would have helped them quite a bit

vCash
    To figure out a good return for Perry and Iginla, look at other trades with similar players

Hossa: Armstrong (2nd/3rd liner), Christensen (3rd/4th liner), Esposito (1st round pick) and a 1st
    Kovi: Bergfors (3rd liner), Oduya (3rd pairing D), Cormier (2nd round pick) and a 1st
    Nash: Dubinsky (2nd liner), Anisimov (3rd liner), Erixson (1st round pick) and a 1st

Perry will probably be getting something similar to that, and Iginla probably a little less. Using the Pens as an example, Perry would cost Kennedy (2nd/3rd liner), Tangradi (3rd/4th liner), Maatta (1st round pick) and a 1st. If he's traded, the deal would be based on that. Iginla would probably take that deal minus Tangradi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the thing is though atleast this is the general consensus that the flames should have started there rebuild 2 years ago.

kipper at 34 could have given them a lot more value than kipper at 36 since its around that age give or take a year that goalies begin to decline(thomas is the exception this is off the top of my head)

tanguay is good enough to get some value for him but 2 years ago he was coming off a good comeback season and could have been sold for more

sarich and stemp are not going to return much maybe a 2nd+meh spec if lucky

stajan wont get anything of value and begin barely made the flames out of camp at best he might get a 5th

if they had done this 2 years ago then quite a bit of there core would be either in there prime years or just about to enter there prime years. now if they were to do it imo they wont be a playoff team for atleast another 3 seasons and around that time they would have to sell off other pieces again so it just increases the length of the rebuild. the flames really should have done the varlamov+ for kipper deal 2 years ago that alone would have helped them quite a bit
    Ya...I think they were focused on getting Iginla a cup before he retired a little too much, living in the now instead of the future. I still think they do a small rebuild before year ends and keep Iginla. I really would like to see Iginla get a cup but I would also like to see him retire as a Flame.

vCash
    Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
    #Isles Can confirm Isles have acquired goaltender Tim Thomas via trade

vCash
    I hope it was for something good. Likely a pick.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    It's for a conditional pick in 2014 or 2015. Likely the condition is a) if he plays or b) they can't trade him again. Weird deal... the isles might have a deal to move out salary or they might buy-out DiPietro early but that still stay on the cap so i'm still confused.

vCash
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    The Boston Bruins only get a draft pick from the Islanders for Tim Thomas if he reports to them or any other team if NYI trade his rights.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast