Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    There's a better chance WSG's dream comes true and we bring in Tebow to compete with CK for the starting role in the off season than we get Revis.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    I would trade a 1st and 3rd for another super bowl

but long term Revis is 28. There in no telling how much this injury will slow him down. If we give him a huge contract it would have to be back loaded. His guaranteed money could be from 25-50 mill maybe 5 years long. Thats from 5-10 mill per year just on his guaranteed money. I don't know about you guys but thinking of what Revis would look like playing for us when he is 33 possibly making 15+ million kinda makes me cringe.

In short I would not be as upset if we traded for a one year rental. Sometimes you have to take a risk in this business. I would hate it if we signed him long term.... so pretty much dont trade for him.

Another thing I would like to mention.... since 2002 when we have picked from 26 down in the 1st round we have taken Rumph, Kwame, Woods, Balmer and AJ Jenkins. The only good player we have selected has been Staley taken at 28 ( the jury is still out on AJ but its not looking good) thats a success rate of 16%.
    I wouldn't worry about those percentages at all. Those guys were taken by coaches and GM's from totally different affiliations. Most of Dennis Erickson's and Terry Donahue's picks turned out to be disappointing except for Sopoaga, Andy Lee, and Shawntae Spencer. And as many great picks as Nolan made, Balmer was his only big time 1st round bust. And just for the record, Rumph was turning into a very nice player until he tried tackling Steven Jackson on that sunday night football game and broke his forearm (I dont know why I remember that like it was yesterday) but anyways, those percentages mean absolutely nothing when they came from two completely different groups. Nolan/McCloughan and Erickson/Donahue. Not to mention a lot of those disappointing players probably would've turned out to be a lot better if they weren't so undercoached. I agree the jury is still out on AJ but those percentages don't mean a thing and have nothing to do with why AJ may not look so good for the future.

vCash
    You are probably right but I am stil hate it when we have to make a pick at this spot. I wouldn't mind if we traded up or down from that spot to be honest but it will all depend on the team's draft board.

vCash
    True, but at least from the small sample size of Harbaugh and Baalke's two drafts, they've turned out to be pretty damn good for the most part. Late first round picks are usually like projects anyways....lower standards for "1st round picks" haha. Wasn't AJ supposed to be a 2nd rounder anyways?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    There's a better chance WSG's dream comes true and we bring in Tebow to compete with CK for the starting role in the off season than we get Revis.
    No, CK is much better than Tim Tebow. Tebow is better than Gabbert and Henne though.

But yeah probably won't happen. 5% chance.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    No, CK is much better than Tim Tebow. Tebow is better than Gabbert and Henne though.

But yeah probably won't happen. 5% chance.
    I'd rather have Henne than Tebow.

vCash
    I'd rather have Wes Welkers wife than Tebow
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Are you high?

Oh wait...

vCash
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter tossed out a hypothetical trade that involved the Jets sending CB Darrelle Revis to San Francisco in return for Smith and second-round pick.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter tossed out a hypothetical trade that involved the Jets sending CB Darrelle Revis to San Francisco in return for Smith and second-round pick.
    Instant boner!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    Instant boner!!!
    Read this and tell me what you think

“I hope he’s with us,” York said. “From a cap standpoint, we have the room to be able to keep him. One quarterback is usually not enough to get you through a season. And to have two guys which the Niners had in Steve [Young] and Joe [Montana] for a long time, there’s no reason why you can’t have two guys on your team. And I hope we can find a way to make that happen.”

Jed York is stating we have enough room in the cap to keep Alex and Kap. But according to Maiocco (sp) we are pinned up against the max...Do we have more money than expected or something?

vCash
    Read this and tell me what you think

I hope hes with us, York said. From a cap standpoint, we have the room to be able to keep him. One quarterback is usually not enough to get you through a season. And to have two guys which the Niners had in Steve [Young] and Joe [Montana] for a long time, theres no reason why you cant have two guys on your team. And I hope we can find a way to make that happen.

Jed York is stating we have enough room in the cap to keep Alex and Kap. But according to Maiocco (sp) we are pinned up against the max...Do we have more money than expected or something?
    I think he's more stating he'd like Alex to take a pay cut and stay in SF. Baalke and Marathe deal with the cap stuff. Plus, Alex seems like one hell of a dude. I can't imagine anyone in the organization would make a statement like "Well he'll be gone next year one way or another".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think he's more stating he'd like Alex to take a pay cut and stay in SF. Baalke and Marathe deal with the cap stuff. Plus, Alex seems like one hell of a dude. I can't imagine anyone in the organization would make a statement like "Well he'll be gone next year one way or another".
    He just straight up said hey, we have the cap space to keep both of them.

vCash
    We have more cap space than initially expected because cap space is not black and white or cut and dry.

vCash
    He just straight up said hey, we have the cap space to keep both of them.
    The way they're sitting right now with who they currently have under contract...they do have the cap space. Once things get rolling on the offseason...they won't.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast