Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hypothetically though, one year of Revis for Smith and a pick would be worth it for me.

Not happening just my thoughts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I would give them Alex, 1st rounder and a 2014 3rd.
    Thank god you're not our GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I would give them Alex, 1st rounder and a 2014 3rd.
    For 1 year of Revis and the loss of Goldson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    For 1 year of Revis and the loss of Goldson?
    Who says they have to lose Goldson? Cut Carlos Rogers and the cap situation stays about the same.

The reason why we won't be getting Revis is because the front office's philosophy is to build through the draft. Giving up picks for a likely one-year rental goes directly against that. A cornerback corps of Revis, Brown, and Culliver sounds awesome though.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Who says they have to lose Goldson? Cut Carlos Rogers and the cap situation stays about the same.

The reason why we won't be getting Revis is because the front office's philosophy is to build through the draft. Giving up picks for a likely one-year rental goes directly against that. A cornerback corps of Revis, Brown, and Culliver sounds awesome though.
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. You could basically substitute Revis for Rodgers. The problem is his new contract will be huge. The 49ers might not want that anchor on their cap situation. Plus as Derrek said they want to build through the draft.

HOWEVER, we do have a surplus of picks right now. If we could structure it without severely hurting us in other areas: imagine a secondary with Goldson, T.B., Culliver, and Whitner. With our pass rush, our defense would be killer. It would be like us adding Deion Sanders in 1994.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. You could basically substitute Revis for Rodgers. The problem is his new contract will be huge. The 49ers might not want that anchor on their cap situation. Plus as Derrek said they want to build through the draft.

HOWEVER, we do have a surplus of picks right now. If we could structure it without severely hurting us in other areas: imagine a secondary with Goldson, T.B., Culliver, and Whitner. With our pass rush, our defense would be killer. It would be like us adding Deion Sanders in 1994.
    Yep, it would. But this is a different front office. They are building this team to be sustainable for a long time. In 1994 they were going all out for that one season.

And Revis has shown throughout his career it's all about the money. There's no problem with that, but that basically makes him a one year rental with the contracts we have on this defense already (Brooks, Willis, Bowman, Smith). Also can't forget that Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, Kap, and Aldon Smith are going to need new contracts sooner rather than later.

Now if the Eagles part with Nmandi...I'd be willing to kick the tires on that if the price is right. His value has taken a hit but I think he could get back to being a very good corner in the right situation.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Yep, it would. But this is a different front office. They are building this team to be sustainable for a long time. In 1994 they were going all out for that one season.

And Revis has shown throughout his career it's all about the money. There's no problem with that, but that basically makes him a one year rental with the contracts we have on this defense already (Brooks, Willis, Bowman, Smith). Also can't forget that Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, Kap, and Aldon Smith are going to need new contracts sooner rather than later.

Now if the Eagles part with Nmandi...I'd be willing to kick the tires on that if the price is right. His value has taken a hit but I think he could get back to being a very good corner in the right situation.

Yeah CK's contract is the one that is going jump like a midget with hot coal in his ***. So I understand, I'm just saying imagine the scheming offenses would have to do against a defense with that secondary AND pass rush.

I think Nnamdi is a result of a poor overall defensive effort. I think he is much better that he has been the past couple years. I know that would appear to be a duh statement but listening to many analysts and fans they think that Nnamdi is done for some reason (or deteriorated to a point that he is not a valuable asset at CB). Maybe he forgot what it's like when teams ACTUALLY throw the ball his way seeing the number of balls thrown at him DOUBLED the past 2 years compared to in Oakland.

He will turn his career around no doubt.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

vCash

More than half of Rogers' contract is guaranteed next year. They'd barely save anything by cutting him.

vCash
    More than half of Rogers' contract is guaranteed next year. They'd barely save anything by cutting him.
    Not true. $1.45 of his $7.3 mil salary is guaranteed.

Either way, we aren't getting Revis.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-27-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Not true. $1.45 of his $7.3 mil salary is guaranteed.

Either way, we aren't getting Revis.
    Here is the Rogers scenario:

1) If Rogers is on the roster past March 1st, then his entire base salary becomes fully guaranteed and there is no way that they will cut him after that date. He would count $7.1 mil against the cap.

2) If the 49ers cut him prior to March 1st, they will not owe him his $250k roster bonus or $100k workout bonus. Only $1.75 mil of his $5.5 mil base salary is guaranteed. If you include the prorated amount of his signing bonus, he would still give the team a cap hit of $3 mil if released (save the team $4.1 mil)

3) If Rogers plays out the 2013 season, none of his 2014 or 2015 season pay is guaranteed. He is due to count $7.85 mil against the cap and the 49ers would save all of that aside from his signing bonus if he were released prior to March 1st 2014 (save the team more than $6 million)

I think the likely scenario is that Rogers plays for us next year, but is cut prior to the 2014 season.

vCash
    Tarell Brown and our 1st and 3rd round pick for Revis. We then cut Rogers in 2014 freeing up money there. We re-sign Revis (no way he wouldn't give a discount to stay here. With how elite this defense is, he'd stay). We then have Chris Culliver and Revis as our corners with Cox and whoever else we bring in. We can keep Goldson as well. We then have the hands down, best defense to pair with our offense.

Won't happen though
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Hurry up and make the trade so we can have him for the SB!

I know football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Tarell Brown and our 1st and 3rd round pick for Revis. We then cut Rogers in 2014 freeing up money there. We re-sign Revis (no way he wouldn't give a discount to stay here. With how elite this defense is, he'd stay). We then have Chris Culliver and Revis as our corners with Cox and whoever else we bring in. We can keep Goldson as well. We then have the hands down, best defense to pair with our offense.

Won't happen though
    Brown is only a $1.9 mil cap hit next season. Where do you make up the other $4 mil? It could be done (shave the extra $4 mil; I think the trade is highly unlikely). Probably have to cut both Manningham and Goodwin to do it.

vCash
    Brown is only a $1.9 mil cap hit next season. Where do you make up the other $4 mil? It could be done (shave the extra $4 mil; I think the trade is highly unlikely). Probably have to cut both Manningham and Goodwin to do it.
    I think you're right on the scenarios. Most are going to be pretty tough. If they decide to trim the $$ with Manningham and Goodwin like you're saying it could work...but like you said before, that's a lot for 1 year. If they were going to do a new contract for him after the trade then they could work his cap number down for this year and cut Rogers like you said next year to make up the difference.

vCash
    Alex being gone, cutting Akers, Haralson, Goodwin and trading Brown clears up 19.5 mil. Is that not enough to re-sign Goldson and bring in Revis?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast