Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Niners "highly interested" in trading for Darelle Revis

vCash
    gotta resign guys like goldson, iupati, and anthony davis soon to name a few right? And with Brown/Culliver both young and rising CB's with a lot of upside to become even better than they already are. AND Revis is coming off a torn knee, while costing a lot of money and probably some high draft picks....

vCash
    I think there are 31 teams that are interested in trading for Revis. Just not sure the price range would be right when there are so many glaring salary cap questions.

vCash
    don't see this happening at all, chances slim to none

vCash
    Don't see any way this happens.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Almost every team is going to be "highly interested", what we lack is the capability.

vCash
    What I believe is happening here is the Niners brass see’s one of the best players in the NFL on the market and they want to do their due diligence. Nothing wrong with that but I really can’t imagine a scenario where all those maybe’s I mentioned above actually come together. Revis will get traded this off season, likely to a team willing to pay him like he’s a QB and send the Jets a ransom for him, just don’t expect that team to be the 49ers
    The last paragraph from the 2nd link. Pretty much sums it up.

vCash
    I'd make that smith Rogers Goodwin trade for him tho, risk a one year rental for next year and free up extra cap space to resign Goldson, then hope he likes it here and takes considerably less to stay

16 mil/year is ludicrous for anyone not playing qb...don't think anyone would take revis and a mark roman equivalent safety over a Goldson and Rogers-esque players at equal costs

props to vick27m

vCash
    The problem with the trade idea is that the Jets are looking to trade him because as of right now they are set to be 19 million OVER the cap. We can't trade them Smith (7.5 million), Rogers (5.5 million) and Goodwin (3.7 million) for Revis (6 million). That adds 10.7 million to their cap which is already almost 20 million over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The problem with the trade idea is that the Jets are looking to trade him because as of right now they are set to be 19 million OVER the cap. We can't trade them Smith (7.5 million), Rogers (5.5 million) and Goodwin (3.7 million) for Revis (6 million). That adds 10.7 million to their cap which is already almost 20 million over.
    Yup, just going by that blogs trade idea, it'd make little sense also due to that have mangold at center too, plus Goodwin may retire on a SB win...

I think the team no one will expect may be Cleveland, think they have like 40 mil in cap space, pairing revis and Haden would be nasty...

props to vick27m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt912f View Post
    Yup, just going by that blogs trade idea, it'd make little sense also due to that have mangold at center too, plus Goodwin may retire on a SB win...

I think the team no one will expect may be Cleveland, think they have like 40 mil in cap space, pairing revis and Haden would be nasty...
    If Miami wasn't in their division they would as well, they have a ton of cap space, but I'm sure NY won't send Revis to a rival no matter how bad their cap situation is.

vCash
    Why are the Seahawks "highly interested" in him too?

vCash
    I don't want any players from the Jets. That place is a circus and were complete opposite. Plus he seems like an attention whore. Those are not welcome in out locker room. Could break up the chemistry. Also, the added pressure of a Super Bowl team getting a top player isn't something I wish upon the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Why are the Seahawks "highly interested" in him too?
    This made no sense to me either, unless you play 3 CBs at all times your going to have a starter on the sidelines.

vCash
    This is just speculation from sources that you would assume a team like the Niners to be "highly interested".

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast