Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: First coach to get fired?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tortorella

0 0%
  • Laviolette

2 12.50%
  • Bylsma

1 6.25%
  • Oates

13 81.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Kinda surprised not to see Ruff on this list. Got to think he won't be around if the Sabres tank this year.

Also saw a lot of over-valuing the Pens in the thread. Fleury is only the franchise goalie because no one else is available. He'd be a backup on most teams.
    It's fair to say he isn't as good as people say, but calling him a backup on most teams is not only wrong, but just plain ignorant.

vCash
    I think you're confusing underachieving players with bad coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Sacco is probably the first one canned
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Anyone think the Pens coach is on the hotseat? They still haven't won at home.

vCash
    Kevin Dineen of the Panthers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    That Dallas coach (can't remember his name) seems to be pretty awful
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    MAF is not a backup on most teams... He's only a backup on like 8-9 on the top of my head.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Read my rant. Most Pens fans agree with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I don't think so. The Pens are ranked 10th right now and only 5 pts from 1st. They have way too much talent not to make the playoffs and it is way too early for them to panic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I don't think so. The Pens are ranked 10th right now and only 5 pts from 1st. They have way too much talent not to make the playoffs and it is way too early for them to panic.
    Making the playoffs isn't the teams goal at this point. It's making a deep run. Some people view it as a "Cup or Bust" season (I don't), but another 1st round loss won't be acceptable. If that happens, expect Bylsma to be fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Making the playoffs isn't the teams goal at this point. It's making a deep run. Some people view it as a "Cup or Bust" season (I don't), but another 1st round loss won't be acceptable. If that happens, expect Bylsma to be fired.
    But there are a ton of things that stop a team from making a deep run in the playoffs. The 2 that stand out the most to me are injuries and going up against a hot goalie. Get some injuries to key players and your done. Get an opposing goalie that is a wall and your done. The later has happened to the Wings several times. Those are a couple of factors that coaches can't control. As an outside observer, it seems Byslma is a decent coach and is still in control of his team, so I can't understand the rush to fire him. Who would you get instead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    But there are a ton of things that stop a team from making a deep run in the playoffs. The 2 that stand out the most to me are injuries and going up against a hot goalie. Get some injuries to key players and your done. Get an opposing goalie that is a wall and your done. The later has happened to the Wings several times. Those are a couple of factors that coaches can't control. As an outside observer, it seems Byslma is a decent coach and is still in control of his team, so I can't understand the rush to fire him. Who would you get instead?
    That's the issue, there is no one else to get. Bylsma's charm has worn off. Look at the playoffs, he can't control his team.

And I know about hot goalies, just ask Halak :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I think you're confusing underachieving players with bad coaching
    It is a fine line between the two, since coaches are supposed to motivate and discipline underachieving players.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    It is a fine line between the two, since coaches are supposed to motivate and discipline underachieving players.
    Sure but you can't just blame it on the coach for the team doing poorly. You can have the best coach in the league and they can have a bad season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    MAF is not a backup on most teams... He's only a backup on like 8-9 on the top of my head.
    EAST
    Teams Fleury would be a backup on:
    1.) Miller - Buffalo
    2.) Price - Montreal
    3.) Rask - Boston
    4.) Lundqvist - NYR
    5.) Brodeur - NJ
    6.) Ward - Carolina

Teams Fleury might start for:
    1.) Philadelphia
    2.) Washington
    3.) Ottawa
    4.) Winnipeg

Teams Fleury would start for:
    1.) Pittsburgh
    2.) Tampa Bay
    3.) Toronto
    4.) NYI
    5.) Panthers

WEST
    Teams Fleury would be a backup on:
    1.) Vancouver
    2.) LA
    3.) Detroit
    4.) Calgary
    5.) Nashville
    6.) Colorado
    7.) San Jose
    8.) Anaheim

Teams Fleury might start for:
    1.) Chicago
    2.) St. Louis
    3.) Minnesota
    4.) Edmonton

Teams Fleury would start for:
    1.) Phoenix
    2.) Columbus
    3.) Dallas

I only see him as an automatic starter on 8 teams (26.7%). He could possibly win the job on another 8 teams. On the remaining 14 teams I don't think he'd be given a chance (46.7%). So "most" could be a little heavy handed, but less than 30% as "automatic start" justifies that term in my opinion.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast