Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

GunFactor's Thought #2: Go-To Player?

Here's a thought I had just recently... Could Drummond eventually be our #1 Option/Go-To Guy? Why or why not?

vCash
    No,Hes never going to be that kind of offensive player.He will be defensive super star but his offense is very very raw if your not throwing lobs he sucks at that end of the court.Drummonds offense will come from putbacks or lobs and I can already tell that there is not going to be alot of improvement as far as his offensive game.Honestly as far as ppg go he will never be anything more than a 15ppg player because he can not create his own offense.Monroe could become that guy if he develops his jump shot but no way for Drummond.I mean seriously could you ever see Drummond backing a guy down and hitting a fadeaway or a hook shot consistently.
    Last edited by RipCity32; 01-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    I can definitely see potential in Drummond to be a post threat because of his passing skills, the D can't play him straight for the shot, BUT he'll never be a #1 option unless he makes miraculous improvements to his post game, right now he has nothing. His defense is so good it won't matter, as long as we draft/trade for/sign a #1 scoring option I'm perfectly happy with Drum's game.

vCash
    Seriously look at Monroe though.Against the Heat they were throwing everything at him and they couldn't stop him from scoring.There were some points were I seen 3 defenders trying to stop him and he was going through them and if Frank would have left him in he would have scored 40.Moose can be a serious ball player in a couple years.Right now everyone is acting like he been in the league for a While when really he still a baby and is only going to get better the more comfortable he gets.Moose can pass like a PG and can score on anyone in the paint.

vCash
    Yeah but that's the Heat, they don't really have a defensive post presence beyond maybe Anthony, although it's arguable James is the best defender they have at every single position lol. They still beat us by 20+ so I don't want to put too much stock into this one. Not trying to knock Moose, I like him, but we got lit up overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Yeah but that's the Heat, they don't really have a defensive post presence beyond maybe Anthony, although it's arguable James is the best defender they have at every single position lol. They still beat us by 20+ so I don't want to put too much stock into this one. Not trying to knock Moose, I like him, but we got lit up overall.
    Yeah but every center that plays the Heat doesn't put up 31 and 12 either.And it's not like Moose isn't throwing out big games at least once a week either.
    Last edited by RipCity32; 01-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    I don't think so... at least yet. If he can develop an back to the basket game then maybe. Right now a lot of his points are on dunks and put backs.

vCash
    Drummond is gonna be solid, Monroe already is, and Knight is developing nicely. So I say make a big play for OJ Mayo in the offseason as our new starting SG and then draft the best SF available probably (Otto Porter). With Memphis clearing salaries they are unlikely to trade Rudy Gay so acquiring a free agent go to player like Mayo and drafting Porter rounds out a very solid starting 5 for years to come.

vCash
    No, hell no. He has no offensive game, he will never be the go to guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    he could be our 2nd option, wiht a better post up game than dwight, i know thats not saying much but drummond already looks more assertive than dwight, so i can see him being a decent offensive threat, i hope our number 1 offensive threat becomes a wing though.