Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If we got Gasol and he's the starting PG, I think Calderon stays.
    maybe, but for how long? Jose's the oldest guy here. We got lowry with the expectation that he'd be the PG to grow with the young guys as the team builds to a contender. Jose's what? 30? Not saying he will, but there's a good chance he'll wear down soon and be unable to play the minutes he does, then we're in PG limbo again.

vCash
    We could possibly sign for a young PG or draft one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    big gamble. He talks like he wants to stay, but Jose's a guy who pulls the company line, I doubt he'd want to stir the pot. Ugh, whoever though at the season's onset we'd be worried about keeping Jose?
    Then again I think if he knows hes starting he will stay.

vCash
    again, we all believe that Lowry is the better basketball player.

**** calderon. even if we traded Lowry for whatever, Calderon isn't leading this group hapless players to the playoffs.

he's had 6-7 years to do. enough of this ********.

vCash
    We aren't trading Lowry because we think Calderon is the answer at PG. Lowry's on the block because the Raptors have issues with him on or off the court. Probably off the court.

vCash
    While I dont agree with the idea of trading Lowry over Calderon... If we are going to do it what about the possibility of acquiring Paul Millsap?

Utah is reportedly looking to trade one of Millsap or Jefferson for a PG with Kanter/Favours waiting in the wings. A trade of Lowry and Ed Davis for Millsap could benefit both teams and would work under the cap.

vCash
    If we're going to trade Lowry and Davis, we might as well trade for Al Horford and Teague.

vCash
    I'd rather keep Davis than trade for Millsap...

and there's no way ATL trades Horford. Jsmoove is most likely leaving so there's no point in trading Horford...

vCash
    We aren't trading Lowry because we think Calderon is the answer at PG. Lowry's on the block because the Raptors have issues with him on or off the court. Probably off the court.
    maybe. or just on pure speculation. meh. this franchise is down in the dumps. haven't been contenders since the VC years.

next year, if Calderon resigns and is still our starting PG, i have no faith in Calderon leading us near being even a strong playoff contender. some other leader is going to have to appear from the ranks to get this sad franchise to the next steps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    maybe. or just on pure speculation. meh. this franchise is down in the dumps. haven't been contenders since the VC years.

next year, if Calderon resigns and is still our starting PG, i have no faith in Calderon leading us near being even a strong playoff contender. some other leader is going to have to appear from the ranks to get this sad franchise to the next steps.
    That's all we hear from the media though. And he's known to have had clashes on other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    The only way I do that trade is if we are getting out of all our bad contract ie. Kleiza. But then Calderon is a free agent so if their thinking about trading Lowry are they sure they can retain Jose.
    if they traded lowry for Pau GAsOL, well i think jose coming back wouldnt be difficult to acomplish......
    the next step would be turning valanciunas and a pick int marc gasol and integrate yellow and red in the raptors logo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post

at what point exactly in his 7 years as a raptor has calderon been the best player in the team?

then he is NOT who has to LEAD the team anywhere, just contribute, and he has done so , over and oaver and over.

13. 01-26-2013, 06:43 AM

vCash
    If we're going to trade Lowry and Davis, we might as well trade for Al Horford and Teague.
    I was drawn here from the quip about Lowry and Hawks. Reading between the lines it just a suggestion I guess because Lou Williams went down.

Lowry and Davis is never going to net Teague and Horford, no offense. If the issues off the court are true, then it's a foregone conclusion he won't resign and you must trade KL sooner rather than later. Atlanta could offer up Teague and a 1st for Lowry otherwise we may not be the best trading partners.

15. 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM

vCash
    Please not Pau. I thought these rumors about him coming here were over.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Pau Gasol would be probably in the top 5 best/most accomplished players we've ever had within the organization that can still produce. Remember what Oakley & Davis did for this team in turning it into a "winner". Pau would bring championship experience and a high basketball IQ to this team.

Calderon/Lucas
    Derozan/Ross
    Fields/Anderson
    Davis/Amir
    Pau/Valanciunas/Gray

That team has pretty great potential if you ask me. Give them the rest of the season to gell and no playoffs so Pau can rest his knees. Combine that with the fact that we have the Lakers ex head trainer in Alex Mckechnie who took care of Pau before I don't see why this would be a negative.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast