Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Lowry on the Trade Block...again.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/2...kers-pau-gasol

Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry is seen within the organization as a potential trading piece, league sources told CBSsports.com's Ken Berger. Berger then linked the Raptors as the "most realistic" landing spot for Pau Gasol and that the Raptors would rather trade Lowry than starter Jose Calderon.

The Raptors have been less than pleased with Lowry in his first season since he was traded from the Houston Rockets for Gary Forbes and a first-round pick (a pick that, in turn, went to the Oklahoma City Thunder in the James Harden deal), Berger said. Lowry has averaged 13.8 points and 5.8 assists in 30 games this season; perhaps more importantly, Berger said Lowry has "not made many friends in his new surroundings."

Berger also said flipping Lowry in a potential deal for Gasol could be seen as a way to redeem surrendering the future first-round pick.

Also among a handful of teams Berger listed as possible Gasol suitors were the Minnesota Timberwolves (where he would team up with fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio), the Atlanta Hawks, Utah Jazz and Milwaukee Bucks.

Lowry injured his ankle on Jan. 15 but has played in all five team games since
    Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm2h Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
    The ‘Kyle Lowry is available’ stuff is both fascinating and not-entirely surprising. As talented as he is he has not meshed well in T.O.

2h Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
    That said, we’re talking a small sample size and I’m not sure that Casey has done enough to help maximize Lowry’s strengths.

2h Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
    While Lowry may not get traded, rarely do Raps trade a piece that big w/o the possibility leaking in advance. So, take it for what you will.

@ASFW_jrodger The CBS story would be the one I’m referring to, yes. Berger is usually pretty plugged-in.

vCash
    if we trade kyle lowry for pau gasol i swear im done with this team.

vCash
    lowry traded, ok I can deal with that.
    lowry for gasol? no thanks.

Lowry's too good a talent at too good a bargain to be traded for gasol. Besides, the salaries aren't even close, other players would have to be thrown in, and we'd still be getting just gasol. I'd want no part of that trade.

vCash
    I agree, I think we should go after a young blood at the 3, or Derrick Williams..
    #CalderonCurse, how does he do it? Does he like do some voodo **** or something?
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Not for Gasol.

Trade Lowry and Bargnani for Teagues and Horford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    lowry traded, ok I can deal with that.
    lowry for gasol? no thanks.

Lowry's too good a talent at too good a bargain to be traded for gasol. Besides, the salaries aren't even close, other players would have to be thrown in, and we'd still be getting just gasol. I'd want no part of that trade.
    The only way I do that trade is if we are getting out of all our bad contract ie. Kleiza. But then Calderon is a free agent so if their thinking about trading Lowry are they sure they can retain Jose.

vCash
    Watch Lowry be traded and jose starts doing bad lol... Lowry is the reason why jose is stepping it up this season. Do not trade Lowry unless its for gay which I doubt that will happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoFreshSoClea View Post
    Watch Lowry be traded and jose starts doing bad lol... Lowry is the reason why jose is stepping it up this season. Do not trade Lowry unless its for gay which I doubt that will happen
    don't worry we got superstar Lucas

vCash
    I actually think Calderon can do better with Gasol.

But Gasol means Ed Davis won't get minutes.

I doubt BC does this.

vCash
    it'd be so fitting if we traded Lowry and Jose left in the off-season. Classic Craptors management

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    The only way I do that trade is if we are getting out of all our bad contract ie. Kleiza. But then Calderon is a free agent so if their thinking about trading Lowry are they sure they can retain Jose.
    they'd have to. Which means it'd likely be Linas and Andrea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I actually think Calderon can do better with Gasol.

But Gasol means Ed Davis won't get minutes.

I doubt BC does this.
    Gasol would play Center is my thinking. But Jose and Gasol pick and roll would probably be deadlier than Jose and Amirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    they'd have to. Which means it'd likely be Linas and Andrea.
    If it is I would actually do that. But my only problem is does Jose stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    If it is I would actually do that. But my only problem is does Jose stay.
    big gamble. He talks like he wants to stay, but Jose's a guy who pulls the company line, I doubt he'd want to stir the pot. Ugh, whoever though at the season's onset we'd be worried about keeping Jose?

vCash
    If we got Gasol and he's the starting PG, I think Calderon stays.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast