Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    1500
    the two man game of pau and dwight is also fun to watch at times. defenders get to pick their poison with these two bigs on the block

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    lakers are actually using the bernie bickerstaff playbook - inside out freestyle with no system in place.
    I think the Lakers have abandoned the d'antoni offense for most part of the last two games
    No, they have a plan. I don't know about a "system" though. They are running pick and rolls lower and with Kobe and using Kobe on the block. They have also done some things to get Gasol the ball so he can make passes. Nothing too advanced but there is some type of "plan".

    I'd be very curious how much D'Antonni is in favor with this type of play though. Everybody jumps on him and assumes the players are calling all the shots. Maybe they are in a way but he has said all along that he would make changes as "needed". So "maybe" players are bringing their ideas and D'Antonni is going along with them out of sheer desperation.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    No, they have a plan. I don't know about a "system" though. They are running pick and rolls lower and with Kobe and using Kobe on the block. They have also done some things to get Gasol the ball so he can make passes. Nothing too advanced but there is some type of "plan".

    I'd be very curious how much D'Antonni is in favor with this type of play though. Everybody jumps on him and assumes the players are calling all the shots. Maybe they are in a way but he has said all along that he would make changes as "needed". So "maybe" players are bringing their ideas and D'Antonni is going along with them out of sheer desperation.
    they simplified their game... as kobe said, the lakers has to go back to the basics which is what bernie bickerstaff did during his tenure... maybe they are playing ball through reads of what the opponents are doing

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ze grates place
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    they simplified their game... as kobe said, the lakers has to go back to the basics which is what bernie bickerstaff did during his tenure... maybe they are playing ball through reads of what the opponents are doing
    ...which is what basketball is about. Read and react.
    "Tittays"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,828
    vCash
    1500
    KB24 has been looking like Magic over the past 2 games, let's see if he can keep this up or something close to this the rest of the year. His fascilitating is what is best for this team.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

    Bring Back the Zen Master.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Pretty empty stat in the grand scheme of things. Posting Kobe up on a regular basis isn't exactly a viable option.
    Kobe's been the best post player in the league for several years now and there's not even a close second. We literally can and should post kobe on a regular basis, there isn't much the defense can do except for double team and when that happens other guys will get easy looks.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,960
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Kobe's been the best post player in the league for several years now and there's not even a close second. We literally can and should post kobe on a regular basis, there isn't much the defense can do except for double team and when that happens other guys will get easy looks.
    I am beginning to retract that statement, I truly did underestimate Kobe's ability as a playmaker. Also one factor I did not take into consideration was how well MWP has been playing off the ball this year. I would actually say him being consistent is the main reason this is working.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I am beginning to retract that statement, I truly did underestimate Kobe's ability as a playmaker. Also one factor I did not take into consideration was how well MWP has been playing off the ball this year. I would actually say him being consistent is the main reason this is working.
    yep, except for the 1-2 bonehead plays he averages per game. other than that he's been pretty solid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •