Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Play Inside Out, Thru Kobe That Is

Check out whose rocking the best fg% and points per on post ups, yet we have him catching it 30ft out

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FZDBMMmc#gid=0

Pau Gasol is 41st in the league when it comes to points produced per postup (.76)...Dwight isnt any better, .78

vCash
    Yeah.

vCash
    Pretty empty stat in the grand scheme of things. Posting Kobe up on a regular basis isn't exactly a viable option.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    i have a better idea.

Leave the other memebers of the team at home, and let KObe play the game 1 on five.
    ]

vCash
    Really rustles my jimmies Dantoni doesn't post Kobe ... Fact he didnt post the 3 guy on that list either doesn't help.

Kobe, KD, and Melo aren't surprising as he best post players in the league. Kobe has skill and footwork like Hakeem, KD has amazing length for his step backs like a SF dirk, and Melo can just overpower anyone sort of like Barkely

I also hurts Nash isn't a post feeder by nature and can't make post entry passes on time (Shaq called him out and said Kobe did it better) so we have to either let Kobe post himself with the ball or for Pau/MWP to make the read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Pretty empty stat in the grand scheme of things. Posting Kobe up on a regular basis isn't exactly a viable option.
    I disagree. Kobe has shown he can post up with one big. He did it the year Pau missed 16 games in 09-10. He and Andrew both thrived because Kobe in the pinch post is still perhaps the best triple threat. Ideally Kobe being on the other block with one big, I prefer Paus post skills would open the floor and minimize runouts as Kobe would have a 2/3 sealed close to the goal.

Posting Dwight is getting us nowhere, as the only C with more post touches this year and deservedly so is Al Jefferson. Pau also just has cinder blocks on his feet sadly and with no lift he can't hit his shots

vCash
    I don't disagree about it working as a situational offense, but D's would pick up on it if we ran it every time down the floor. I feel like it would work better with Pau because he could help create space for Kobe whereas Dwight generally needs to sit near the basket.

vCash
    I would like to say it would its just Paus post up conversions have declined the past three years. He just isn't converting the same sadly. Ideally he would be the post up big, and Dwight would just flash to the rim and finish like Lamar could only with a dunk over lefty layup

vCash
    And it's still a better option than pick and roll with Nash has proven to be. Kobe is a triple threat. If you put him in the triple threat you can warp the flor and use Nash better as well. Nash becomes a lethal shooter and he actually has the ability to penetrate because his first step doesn't matter. Kobe draws the D and causes havoc, and then you wing it and Nash can shoot or put it on the floor when team defense is reacting and that's the way he can make them pay since Kobe will have already created the separation for him. Another benefit is defensive floor balance and the fact be it a 1/2/3 who Kobe takes on the box, they can't leak out and he will wear them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    I would like to say it would its just Paus post up conversions have declined the past three years. He just isn't converting the same sadly. Ideally he would be the post up big, and Dwight would just flash to the rim and finish like Lamar could only with a dunk over lefty layup
    True, but the problem is that's all Dwight could do. When a player telegraphs their every move, it makes it extremely easy for the D to defend. Add that to the fact that Dwight flashing to the rim will more than likely result in a lot of fouls and he isn't exactly Mark Price at the free throw line. I don't hate the idea, like I said it actually seems like it would work as a great change of pace, but I can't see it becoming our bread and butter.

vCash
    Kinda looked smart today huh

vCash
    They have to continue to do the same that they did tonight whatever it was. As far as NDA lets Nash and the bench kill us every night! Message to Jimbaco from the core: Fire your experiment! This is how to play the game!

vCash
    Preach Kblo

vCash
    whats sad is that dwight is not in the top 10 like he should be... not even top 20, hes supposed to be the best big man in the league but he doesnt dominate post ups? sad, but kobe is a great post up player we all know it, best footwork in the game, and probably only behind MJ in footwork ever

vCash
    Hakeem ^^^ unless yourself speaking just stalls, but even still Hakeem had better footwork than most little guys, pure joy to watch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast