Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Not good.....especially with 5 more years of this contract!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eason/1865617/
    Actually it is good if he missed the entire season. Keep in mind that he's 37 years old and it takes him longer to heal verses a young stud so he's better off sitting the entire season and be 100% ready next year. I could just see it now, he'll attempt a come back in July, hurt himself because he's not quite ready and then not be 100% for the start of next year. We already have Youk so he might as well sit the year. It's not like he's going to help us in the playoffs anyway, he never does!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Actually it is good if he missed the entire season. Keep in mind that he's 37 years old and it takes him longer to heal verses a young stud so he's better off sitting the entire season and be 100% ready next year. I could just see it now, he'll attempt a come back in July, hurt himself because he's not quite ready and then not be 100% for the start of next year. We already have Youk so he might as well sit the year. It's not like he's going to help us in the playoffs anyway, he never does!
    2009 says Hi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    So? Why do fans care if Hank and Hal get to pocket extra money?
    We don't get the insurance unless he retires correct?

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    We don't get the insurance unless he retires correct?
    I thought we got it if he's out the entire year.Having said that, the salary still counts towards the luxury tax. So him missing the season will not lead to more spending, we will just not have ARod.

vCash
    I thought we got it if he's out the entire year.Having said that, the salary still counts towards the luxury tax. So him missing the season will not lead to more spending, we will just not have ARod.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Or Morse for that matter.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    A-Fraud should just have hip surgery for Kate Hudson and we will again be the Champs xD

vCash
    he's done
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    So? Why do fans care if Hank and Hal get to pocket extra money?
    maybe they will reinvest it in 2014?

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Hopefully he retires because of his hip. Rumor has it that he might get caught with steroids again.

vCash
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if he never returned. Didn't want him from the beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post
    Hopefully he retires because of his hip. Rumor has it that he might get caught with steroids again.
    He won't leave 140 mil on the table. No way that happens.

vCash
    "rumor"? got something with that or is this just a hunch?

vCash
    Only an IDIOT would retire at this point. If he is PUP, then he would be put on the 60 day DL, and sit there until his contract expires, then he would retired... Just like Albert Belle did when he was with the Orioles.

If he retires now, he forfeits the rest of the contract... if he does nothing, he collects the $$$$ remaining on the deal... The Yanks would get insurance reimbursement, but those still count towards the luxury tax. Not sure where anyone would talk like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber583 View Post
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if he never returned. Didn't want him from the beginning.
    Right... I bet if we look back to 2004-2005, you were signing a totally different tune. If he comes back and tears up AL pitching, I bet you will be singing that old tune again too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast