Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,708
    vCash
    1500

    ARod may be out for year?

    Not good.....especially with 5 more years of this contract!!

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eason/1865617/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,332
    vCash
    1500
    We knew this was a possibility at the end of last season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    We knew this was a possibility at the end of last season.
    I'm not a doctor, but as a baseball fan, I'm a little confused why the surgery wasn't in early October. I know the reason given was to strengthen himself for the surgery, but I don't buy it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,332
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but as a baseball fan, I'm a little confused why the surgery wasn't in early October. I know the reason given was to strengthen himself for the surgery, but I don't buy it.
    The reason given; was that he had his hip looked at, but they looked at the side where he already had surgery. Problem was, it was his other hip that was damaged. I don't know why they didn't look at both sides originally. I don't even bother trying to understand anymore.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    The reason given; was that he had his hip looked at, but they looked at the side where he already had surgery. Problem was, it was his other hip that was damaged. I don't know why they didn't look at both sides originally. I don't even bother trying to understand anymore.
    I know exactly what you're saying. I remember in the late 90's when Scottie Pippen decided to have foot surgery in the FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER!!! I mean, why didn't he have it in June??? It's just crazy!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,942
    vCash
    1500
    This is alarmist BS. Arod will be back this season, and every season thereafter hitting 15 home runs a year for us. You can quote me on that!
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Nj
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    1500
    if hes out for the year dont we collect insurance on his contract
    Mark Teixeira #25
    GAMESPLAYED- 90
    R- 47H-76 HR-20 RBI-53 BB-44SO-71AVG-.235 OBP-.333 SLG-.446



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but as a baseball fan, I'm a little confused why the surgery wasn't in early October. I know the reason given was to strengthen himself for the surgery, but I don't buy it.
    They wanted him to work on the strength and flexibility or the muscles that had atrophied. Although the surgery had to be put off, the healing process will be faster.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This is alarmist BS. Arod will be back this season, and every season thereafter hitting 15 home runs a year for us. You can quote me on that!
    I will but only because I half agree. He will be back this year and if back by the halfway point, he'll hit 10-15. THat's where I disagree. I think he will hit 20-25 a year after that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but as a baseball fan, I'm a little confused why the surgery wasn't in early October. I know the reason given was to strengthen himself for the surgery, but I don't buy it.
    I too am a baseball fan and not a doctor and was initially frustrated why they waited until Jan. My Wife, who is a nurse set me straight that yes, the pre-op therapy was needed in this case.

    I am more wondering about why they waited so long to do ManBan's surgery. Like elbow problems don't end up in TJ surgery.....

    Still, I think this is a prepare for the worst, hope for the best statement from Brian. Hey, there is not guarantee that ANY player will play this season. At it takes is one bad thing during ST and the season can be over before it starts for anyone.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,500
    vCash
    1500
    Is Justin Upton available?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    holly pond, al
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1500
    didn't Atlanta just trade for Justin?..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,500
    vCash
    1500
    Just heard Cashman. Not once did he say he's out for the year. He's been 'assured' he will be back at the all star break. If he get hurt in rehab, yeah......duh....he may miss the season.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,774
    vCash
    1500
    ARod is not going to miss the 2nd half!

    He will be a force and will lead us to the Big Dance!
    Nick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    if hes out for the year dont we collect insurance on his contract
    So? Why do fans care if Hank and Hal get to pocket extra money?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •