Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Petition to White House : Declare Monday after Super Bowl a national holiday

Sorry if this was already posted I just read it and thought it would be great to have a day off after the Superbowl

"PETITION TO WHITE HOUSE: DECLARE MONDAY AFTER SUPER BOWL A NATIONAL HOLIDAY
    Written by Brad Gagnon on Friday, 25 January 2013 04:31.

People have talked for years about the fact the Super Bowl is sort of an extra national holiday in the United States. But if that were really the case, we could indulge just a little bit more at our roman numeraled parties on the first Sunday of February each year. Instead, Americans cost their companies nearly $1 billion in productivity and take a combined 1.5 million sick days on the day after the Super Bowl.

It's that dual hangover -- one from the end of football, the other from alcoholic beverages -- that really does us in.

So if most of us are phoning it in anyway, why not give us one more national holiday? Well, the internet makes everything easier. On Thursday, someone in Durham, N.C., launched an electronic petition with the White House's fairly new online petitioning system requesting that the Obama administration consider making that day a national holiday. At the end of Day 1, it had about 2,500 "signatures."

When this new system was created by the White House in 2011, you only required 5,000 signatures to get an official response from the government. Now, though, they've raised that plateau to 100,000. That means this thing has to make some serious progress before it expires on Feb. 23.

Then again, considering that the United States already has two national holidays within two weeks of the Super Bowl, I'd have to imagine the answer will be short, starting with 'N' and ending in 'O.'

In other arbitrary Super Bowl news, the starting lineup for the Puppy Bowl has been released and whoever picked Baltimore for their prop bet on which Superdome end zone would be painted first is off to a good start..."

vCash
    No. This is ridiculous.

vCash

vCash
    LOL

Done.

vCash
    This would be awesome

vCash
    Might as well. Everyone calls in sick to work the next day cuz theyre all hungover.

vCash
    Make the NBA championship a holiday.................and hope it goes to ALL 7 games

vCash
    Do it

vCash
    Either put the superbowl on Saturday or yes make Monday a holiday. Love this idea

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    No. This is ridiculous.
    +1

vCash
    People think it's ridiculous to have a day off?

I'd be all for it.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Just make it Superbowl Saturday and then u dont have to worry about missing work

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    this sounds to me like something Obama could be famous for.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Even if it is made a national holiday, it doesn't mean that your bosses will have to give you the day off. Martin Luther King day is a national holiday and I don't get it off. There are plenty of holidays that many of us don't get off. All it will do is give government workers the day off.

vCash
    I've called off sick after the last 2 superbowls lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast