Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    A defensive powerhouse isn't fun to watch? Oh I'm sorry. I guess what ever is fun to watch from your perspective is fun to watch. The Pistons were a defensive powerhouse and were a huge underdog vs the Lakers and beat them in the finals. It was pretty fun to watch... nvm i guess it was boring according to you.
    no ones taking away credit here. the spurs are a very good team and have been very effective. 4 championships speak for themselves....

but its no secret the spurs have been a snore to watch. They have won 4 championships. how many of those finals did you watch ? be honest! i watched the finals vs the cavs and thats it. but ive watched every other finals since I was a kid.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    i know I will probably receive heat for this but one reason I think that people hate watching them is truely their colors, Black and silver is so dark and non inviting.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    He should go play for the Raptors then and really find out how much Stern hates a team
    this.

and i have proof lol http://nba247365.com/?p=9765

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    i know I will probably receive heat for this but one reason I think that people hate watching them is truely their colors, Black and silver is so dark and non inviting.
    yes i agree and also it could be that people respect duncan but dont really care to watch him bank shots off the glass two feet away from the rim anymore lol

vCash
    A defensive powerhouse isn't fun to watch? Oh I'm sorry. I guess what ever is fun to watch from your perspective is fun to watch. The Pistons were a defensive powerhouse and were a huge underdog vs the Lakers and beat them in the finals. It was pretty fun to watch... nvm i guess it was boring according to you.
    All real basketball fans will agree with you, but the league makes the most money from casual fans and those are the people who are drawn by star players flashy offense etc.

vCash
    You realize that was years back;spurs were fun to watch. Stern clearly hates the Spurs. Stern is all about the money. Worst commissioner ever.
    Not to sound disrespectful but anyone that watched basketball during the Spurs' title runs considered their brand of basketball 'boring' and not 'fun'.
    Now I would take 'boring' with 'success' any day of the week, but I don't even think Spurs fans considered it a fun style of ball.

vCash
    Stern also hates the Raptors... Badly
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    You realize that was years back;spurs were fun to watch. Stern clearly hates the Spurs. Stern is all about the money. Worst commissioner ever.
    Sad thing is he gets a lot of credit for where the league is today, but IMO anybody could have done a good job with the players he had in the league during his tenure
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Not to sound disrespectful but anyone that watched basketball during the Spurs' title runs considered their brand of basketball 'boring' and not 'fun'.
    Now I would take 'boring' with 'success' any day of the week, but I don't even think Spurs fans considered it a fun style of ball.
    I love high flying play. It's fun and exciting. But I would watch Duncan over Griffin any day, any time. How interesting is a dunk when we've seen it 300 times? What's so fun about watching a guy with no moves? Duncan is like a swiss army knife. You never know what he's gonna do and while it's not a hype thing to watch with beer and the boys. It's fun on some random Wednesday with nothing to do. Hell I always enjoy it.

vCash
    To most fans its not. That Spurs/Pistons finals got rated so low, but it was so fun to watch. Sure there was no high flying dunks and alley oops, but there was tough grind it out basketball and games 5-7 were great to watch. (1-4 were kind of lopsided lol)

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching fast paced, high flying dunks, but that shouldn't mean those teams like the Spurs/Pistons were boring. It's just a different style. A style that has proven to be successful and result in championship appearances/victories.

In fact, run and gun teams have not proven to be that successful come playoff time.

BTW, that Pistons/Lakers Finals was Awesome to watch.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 01-25-2013 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I love high flying play. It's fun and exciting. But I would watch Duncan over Griffin any day, any time. How interesting is a dunk when we've seen it 300 times? What's so fun about watching a guy with no moves? Duncan is like a swiss army knife. You never know what he's gonna do and while it's not a hype thing to watch with beer and the boys. It's fun on some random Wednesday with nothing to do. Hell I always enjoy it.
    To each their own. For me, if I had a choice to watch Paul/Griffin on league pass or in the case of 5 years ago, Amar'e/Nash over Parker/Duncan and their style, I'd prefer the faster pace. I'm sure casual fans would agree.
    Of course there are people to enjoy watching the Spurs style. Nothin wrong with that either.

vCash
    it got a 6.2 rating. so not really that fun to watch.
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersIn5 View Post
    You also have to factor in how many people that are not really fans but suddenly become fans and tune in to the finals. Those people that only tune in during the playoffs and finals and don't know what goes on before that. A lot of those people tune in to see big names, dunks, etc...

I think most people who are basketball purists appreciate seeing basketball played that way. It just doesn't happen to gain the attention of a lot of people

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersIn5 View Post
    LMFAO you judge in people ratings to judge if it was fun or not?

Oh society.

vCash
    Who ever said I found them boring? Lmfao man your dense. I dont create the facts/ratings, I'm only one person genius
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast