Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the O's make the playoffs?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 9.38%
  • No

87 90.63%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No. Toronto probably takes their place in the playoffs.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    It's not that I don't think they can't make it, but the division is pretty damn good.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    They have a chance. This poll would have looked the same before last season.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Mitch Williams thinks so lmao. Mitch Williams says the Orioles are the favorites in the AL East. God he is such a ****ing idiot. Not just because the Orioles are fighting an uphill battle trying to repeat unprecedented 1 run victories and the Blue Jays being much improved...he just gives bogus reasons that don't make sense.

You HAVE TO have Brian Kenny host every show or else it is a waste of air space. If you let any other anchor in charge, they are gonna let these ex-ballplayers blab on about nothing and say ridiculous crap. Kenny will counter them with logic and keep them honest. Any other host will allow this crap of, "This is a guy who's gonna show up to the ballpark.." crap.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Mitch Williams thinks so lmao. Mitch Williams says the Orioles are the favorites in the AL East. God he is such a ****ing idiot. Not just because the Orioles are fighting an uphill battle trying to repeat unprecedented 1 run victories and the Blue Jays being much improved...he just gives bogus reasons that don't make sense.

You HAVE TO have Brian Kenny host every show or else it is a waste of air space. If you let any other anchor in charge, they are gonna let these ex-ballplayers blab on about nothing and say ridiculous crap. Kenny will counter them with logic and keep them honest. Any other host will allow this crap of, "This is a guy who's gonna show up to the ballpark.." crap.
    Mitch Williams and Harold Reynolds are complete wastes of space in regards to discussing baseball.

They have no clue what they are ever talking about. You would think they would start to learn after 30+ years in/around the game.

I do like Greg Amsinger though.

vCash
    I don't think they make the playoffs. But the people predicting under .500 are being ridiculous.

My guess with improvements as well as some regression by their players as well as the Jays having a better roster they slip by or 6 wins sitting around 85 and just missing the playoffs.

It is going to be a great race in the AL East this year between. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 4 are separated by 10 or less games.

vCash
    No, they'll come in 3rd more than likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    No, they'll come in 3rd more than likely.
    3rd could be enough to get in
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    According to the odds makers, there are 10 teams ahead of them making the playoffs.

Bos, Chi, Det, KC, LA, NY, Oak, TB, Tex, Tor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv
    Hahahahahaha. No freaking way KC has a better chance of getting in than BAL. What are they smoking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    According to the odds makers, there are 10 teams ahead of them making the playoffs.

baltimore has just as agood a chance or better to get in than boston, kansas city, chicago, one of oakland/texas and new york
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

I think that is ridiculous. Of the teams listed above, I think only Detroit, LAA, Chicago, Toronto and Texas have a better chance of making the playoffs.

The O's are still unproven outside of a season, but

Now the Royals have 1 pitcher instead of 0. You can argue 2 if Guthrie, Wade Davis and Hochevar add up to 1.

All the Red Sox did was give multiyear deals out to people past their prime. Good offense, questionable pitching

Yankees are old and let Swisher and Martin go. The Martin loss is really going to hurt them IMO.

Oakland has a great young core, but they will get beaten up by the Rangers and Angels

TB lost it's second ace, which is what made them such a good team last year. They hurt the on-field performance of the team this year in exchange for 6 years of Wil Myers and prospects. Not a bad move, but it certainly was not a move for the good of 2013.

If these are reflective of the odds in Vegas, I'm betting on Baltimore. For sure.

vCash

I think that is ridiculous. Of the teams listed above, I think only Detroit, LAA, Chicago, Toronto and Texas have a better chance of making the playoffs.

The O's are still unproven outside of a season, but

Now the Royals have 1 pitcher instead of 0. You can argue 2 if Guthrie, Wade Davis and Hochevar add up to 1.

All the Red Sox did was give multiyear deals out to people past their prime. Good offense, questionable pitching

Yankees are old and let Swisher and Martin go. The Martin loss is really going to hurt them IMO.

Oakland has a great young core, but they will get beaten up by the Rangers and Angels

TB lost it's second ace, which is what made them such a good team last year. They hurt the on-field performance of the team this year in exchange for 6 years of Wil Myers and prospects. Not a bad move, but it certainly was not a move for the good of 2013.

If these are reflective of the odds in Vegas, I'm betting on Baltimore. For sure.

vCash
    I'd put the odds at 1000:1
    1) the O's were 29-9 in one-run games (76.3 winning per centage) and 16-2 in extra inning games (88.9 winning per centage). Their bullpen was simply ridiculous last year as was their timely hitting. Maybe the bullpen is as good, but the law of averages suggests the timely hitting can not continue in consecutive years. So let's say the O's fatler a bit in extra inning games and "only" win about 60.0per cent of extra inning games, that would reduce their win total by 5 games.
    2) The Angels and Rangers now get to play the Astros 19 times as well as the Mariners. That should increase both their win totals.
    3) The Blue Jays are now a much more forbidable divisional rival.
    4) Yes the Yankees are older and more injured and the Red Sox are rebuilding, but history suggests they still pose a credible treat.
    5) Even without James Shileds now in KC, the Rays are still well stocked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    I'd put the odds at 1000:1
    1) the O's were 29-9 in one-run games (76.3 winning per centage) and 16-2 in extra inning games (88.9 winning per centage). Their bullpen was simply ridiculous last year as was their timely hitting. Maybe the bullpen is as good, but the law of averages suggests the timely hitting can not continue in consecutive years. So let's say the O's fatler a bit in extra inning games and "only" win about 60.0per cent of extra inning games, that would reduce their win total by 5 games.
    2) The Angels and Rangers now get to play the Astros 19 times as well as the Mariners. That should increase both their win totals.
    3) The Blue Jays are now a much more forbidable divisional rival.
    4) Yes the Yankees are older and more injured and the Red Sox are rebuilding, but history suggests they still pose a credible treat.
    5) Even without James Shileds now in KC, the Rays are still well stocked.
    If I give you $1, and the O's make the playoffs this year, will you give me $1000?

1000-1 is ridiculous man. Even the Astros have better odds. Maybe 1-10 chance? lol Don't undersell the O's.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast