Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will the O's make the playoffs?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 9.38%
  • No

    87 90.63%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 221
  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    34,900
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ByShine View Post
    You just contradicted yourself
    There, you happy? The manager has the most miniscule effect on a players performance

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Tillman, Gonzalez and Hammel were pretty darn effective last season. Hitting 97 with movement and put away curves don't just fall out of trees.
    Tillman and Gonzalez have FIP's and xFIP's that make me unconvinced that they're as good as Orioles fans proclaim them to be. Hammel pitched very well in his 20 starts, not great but above average.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Tillman and Gonzalez have FIP's and xFIP's that make me unconvinced that they're as good as Orioles fans proclaim them to be. Hammel pitched very well in his 20 starts, not great but above average.
    I don't believe in FIP. Just look at Jim Palmer.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    If you want to think that, you go ahead and think that. Sorry for trying to have a discussion...seriously.
    You make it sound like I'm being unreasonable because I do not share your opinion. Other than the compliments I made about certain specific individual players on the Orioles, what did I say that was a negative opinion and not simply a fact based argument?

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    You make it sound like I'm being unreasonable because I do not share your opinion. Other than the compliments I made about certain specific individual players on the Orioles, what did I say that was a negative opinion and not simply a fact based argument?
    You said the O's don't have much talent. The only way to win 91 games is through talent.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I don't believe in FIP.
    Do you not believe in mathematics or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Just look at Jim Palmer.
    What about him?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    WTF? I've never seen so many excuses to try and explain a 91 win team. You can't explain away 91 wins.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    You said the O's don't have much talent. The only way to win 91 games is through talent.
    I didn't actually say that in that quote. But okay, yes the Orioles won 91 games due in large part to the overwhelming luck, sorry I mean talent, in their bullpen and this is a trend that will continue for many years to come as part of the great Orioles bullpen dynasty.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I didn't actually say that in that quote. But okay, yes the Orioles won 91 games due in large part to the overwhelming luck, sorry I mean talent, in their bullpen and this is a trend that will continue for many years to come as part of the great Orioles bullpen dynasty.
    That makes sense. This is a new O's dynasty. Like the 70's when they were the leagues best team.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,129
    vCash
    1500
    or 1 run game luck that more than likely will not happen again.....the o's are prob the least talented team in the east....they have a bright future but they dont matchup right now with what the jays and yankees have and prob not even rays and sox.

    I dnt even know why this thread was made.....the op made it to see ppls opinions and because so many realisticly say no the 2 o's fans fight with everyone lol.....its like they expected everyone to agree with them


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    You make it sound like I'm being unreasonable because I do not share your opinion. Other than the compliments I made about certain specific individual players on the Orioles, what did I say that was a negative opinion and not simply a fact based argument?
    I'm just saying I don't understand why you guys aren't taking into effect the upgrades we made midseason, the run differential showing that, and the talent we have. I personally don't agree with that and am arguing that. Just because I am doing that doesn't mean I'm trying to make you guys believers or whatever you want to say, I could really care less. We were in the playoffs when everyone thought we had no chance last year, that speaks for itself. Hopefully that happens this year...no one knows until the games are played.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    WTF? I've never seen so many excuses to try and explain a 91 win team. You can't explain away 91 wins.
    What are you talking about? The Orioles had a very nice season in 2012. It's easy to see why they had that success and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just that isn't a very sustainable method to achieve success in the future.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    What are you talking about? The Orioles had a very nice season in 2012. It's easy to see why they had that success and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just that isn't a very sustainable method to achieve success in the future.
    Outplaying the other team is sustainable. The Orioles did it for years and it can be done again.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    I'm just saying I don't understand why you guys aren't taking into effect the upgrades we made midseason, the run differential showing that, and the talent we have. I personally don't agree with that and am arguing that. Just because I am doing that doesn't mean I'm trying to make you guys believers or whatever you want to say, I could really care less. We were in the playoffs when everyone thought we had no chance last year, that speaks for itself. Hopefully that happens this year...no one knows until the games are played.
    Yeah, no one has said the Orioles won't make the playoffs in 2013. It's just no one (outside of those in the Baltimore fan club) is willing to predict it. Why is that so hard to accept?

    If they repeat a 90+ win season, congratulations to them. No one seems to be really rooting strongly against them or anything.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Outplaying the other team is sustainable. The Orioles did it for years and it can be done again.
    Okay so why did you create a thread asking other people to confirm that for you?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •