Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will the O's make the playoffs?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 9.38%
  • No

    87 90.63%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 221
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Nah. The O's are coming off a season where they were winning playoff series.
    And how were they all the years before?

    Do you seriously believe both Toronto and Boston is going to be around the low 70 win mark while the Orioles will be in the mid 90s?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    And how were they all the years before?

    Do you seriously believe both Toronto and Boston is going to be around the low 70 win mark while the Orioles will be in the mid 90s?
    They've been young with awful pitching. There young pitchers have finally started to pick up their game...that's why we won more games last year, especially showing in the 2nd half of the season.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,456
    vCash
    1500
    The O's had a lot things break their way last year.

    The 29-9 record in one run games and the winning like that with the +7 run differential is not going to happen again..

    Bullpens are inconsistent and that division is still gonna be very difficult.

    I don't see a playoff team there.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    And how were they all the years before?

    Do you seriously believe both Toronto and Boston is going to be around the low 70 win mark while the Orioles will be in the mid 90s?
    I think the O's will win 90+ games. They did it last year and they have not regressed as a team. Plus we have Showalter.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,928
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Very easy?
    Yes, they are more likely to end in last place then to win the East or grab either wild card spot.


    They have no pitching and they only won last year because their bullpen over performed and gave them a ton of one-run victories.

    You have heard all of this before on here. But they are very unlikely to repeat their success from last year.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,928
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    They won over 90 games last year. So on paper I can't see how they are that bad.
    Because their 90 wins was 100% because of the the best one run and two run records in baseball history (or one of the best).

    Completely unsustainable and not repeatable.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    1500
    Notta chance theyll be better than the Yankees or Blue Jays......Can't count the Rays out ever.....and I think the Red Sox got a little better.....if lester and company have bounce back years the Orioles will be 5th place.


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,928
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Not when the bullpen is the strength of the team.
    You mean the one thing that you can't replicate year to year?


    The bullpen pitched 545 innings last year, they will not repeat that success.

    If the O's do well this year, it will because of massive improvements from other players. Most likely, improvements out of the rotation.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    All this stuff about the O's won't make the playoffs because they don't look good winning is wrong. You play to win the game. The figured out pretty well how to do it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yes, they are more likely to end in last place then to win the East or grab either wild card spot.


    They have no pitching and they only won last year because their bullpen over performed and gave them a ton of one-run victories.

    You have heard all of this before on here. But they are very unlikely to repeat their success from last year.
    Yup...no pitching at all.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    1500
    no chance, homer

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    They were fantastic in 1 run games. Im going to say no, easily

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    O's have a ton of power on their team. You try and mash with them and they just might clobber you. A lot of people underestimate the 1-9 power in the lineup.
    They dont really mash. They were ranked 15th in runs scored so they're exactly middle of the road. Minus the Rays, every AL East team scored more runs. That includes Toronto who improved the team big time
    Last edited by sexicano31; 01-25-2013 at 07:55 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    If Machado turns into A-rod, and Bundy comes up and becomes Roger Clemons, and the bullpen has another huge season then sure...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    The Red Sox are in turmoil.
    They've still got a better roster than the Orioles, but it will be a battle for the basement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    The Rays can't hit.
    The Orioles wOBA of .317 last year wasn't significantly better than the Rays wOBA of .311, and the Rays addition of Wil Myers could potentially be another mainstay at the top of their lineup with Longoria, Zobrist and Jennings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    The Jays are still a few years away.
    Nope, you're wrong. Very wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    And the Yankees aren't the juggernaut we've seen in the past.
    The Yankees are getting worse each year, on paper. Sometime soon, the dynasty will end, but with 95 wins last season it's hard to say they'll suddenly fall apart now. I don't think they'll win the division but they're way ahead of the Orioles for 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    The O's can win the division.
    Technically, yes they can win the division. However, that's true of all 30 teams in baseball. At this point it's more accurate to say they are very unlikely to win the division.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •