Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the O's make the playoffs?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 9.38%
  • No

87 90.63%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Nah. The O's are coming off a season where they were winning playoff series.
    And how were they all the years before?

Do you seriously believe both Toronto and Boston is going to be around the low 70 win mark while the Orioles will be in the mid 90s?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post

Do you seriously believe both Toronto and Boston is going to be around the low 70 win mark while the Orioles will be in the mid 90s?
    They've been young with awful pitching. There young pitchers have finally started to pick up their game...that's why we won more games last year, especially showing in the 2nd half of the season.

vCash
    The O's had a lot things break their way last year.

The 29-9 record in one run games and the winning like that with the +7 run differential is not going to happen again..

Bullpens are inconsistent and that division is still gonna be very difficult.

I don't see a playoff team there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post

I think the O's will win 90+ games. They did it last year and they have not regressed as a team. Plus we have Showalter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Very easy?
    Yes, they are more likely to end in last place then to win the East or grab either wild card spot.

They have no pitching and they only won last year because their bullpen over performed and gave them a ton of one-run victories.

You have heard all of this before on here. But they are very unlikely to repeat their success from last year.

vCash
    They won over 90 games last year. So on paper I can't see how they are that bad.
    Because their 90 wins was 100% because of the the best one run and two run records in baseball history (or one of the best).

Completely unsustainable and not repeatable.

vCash
    Notta chance theyll be better than the Yankees or Blue Jays......Can't count the Rays out ever.....and I think the Red Sox got a little better.....if lester and company have bounce back years the Orioles will be 5th place.

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Not when the bullpen is the strength of the team.
    You mean the one thing that you can't replicate year to year?

The bullpen pitched 545 innings last year, they will not repeat that success.

If the O's do well this year, it will because of massive improvements from other players. Most likely, improvements out of the rotation.

vCash
    All this stuff about the O's won't make the playoffs because they don't look good winning is wrong. You play to win the game. The figured out pretty well how to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yes, they are more likely to end in last place then to win the East or grab either wild card spot.

They have no pitching and they only won last year because their bullpen over performed and gave them a ton of one-run victories.

You have heard all of this before on here. But they are very unlikely to repeat their success from last year.
    Yup...no pitching at all.

vCash
    no chance, homer

vCash
    They were fantastic in 1 run games. Im going to say no, easily

vCash
    O's have a ton of power on their team. You try and mash with them and they just might clobber you. A lot of people underestimate the 1-9 power in the lineup.
    They dont really mash. They were ranked 15th in runs scored so they're exactly middle of the road. Minus the Rays, every AL East team scored more runs. That includes Toronto who improved the team big time
    Last edited by sexicano31; 01-25-2013 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    If Machado turns into A-rod, and Bundy comes up and becomes Roger Clemons, and the bullpen has another huge season then sure...

vCash
    The Red Sox are in turmoil.
    They've still got a better roster than the Orioles, but it will be a battle for the basement.

The Rays can't hit.
    The Orioles wOBA of .317 last year wasn't significantly better than the Rays wOBA of .311, and the Rays addition of Wil Myers could potentially be another mainstay at the top of their lineup with Longoria, Zobrist and Jennings.

The Jays are still a few years away.
    Nope, you're wrong. Very wrong.

And the Yankees aren't the juggernaut we've seen in the past.
    The Yankees are getting worse each year, on paper. Sometime soon, the dynasty will end, but with 95 wins last season it's hard to say they'll suddenly fall apart now. I don't think they'll win the division but they're way ahead of the Orioles for 2013.

The O's can win the division.
    Technically, yes they can win the division. However, that's true of all 30 teams in baseball. At this point it's more accurate to say they are very unlikely to win the division.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast