Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Reflecting your past draft experiences

Going through and breaking down who I thought was the safest pick, who i thought would be a bust, and my biggest messup with each draft, and in general opinions throughout the draft. Be honest because we all know how these turned out. We all have made some great predictions, and some really awful calls.

All these are who/what I thought

Safest pick: Heath Miller
    Would be a bust: Pacman Jones

Biggest blunder: Didnt think Logan Mankins shouldve been a first rounder. Didnt look into the draft all that much but I was shocked when he came up.

Claim to fame: for some reason this draft I felt very strongly Rodgers was the better quarterback (Smith). I don't remember my reasoning behind this I just didnt like Smith coming out of that goofy Utah offense.

Safest: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    Bust: Bobby Carpenter

Biggest blunder: Would have taken Reggie Bush over Mario Williams but who wouldnt have at the time?

Safest: Patrick Willis/Adrian Peterson
    Bust: Levi Brown

Biggest blunder: None noticeable

Claim to fame: I guaranteed Giants fan that they had a future star in Ahmad Bradshaw out of Marshall..

Safest: Branden Albert
    Bust: Derrick Harvey/Jeff Otah

Biggest blunder: Thought the Falcons shouldve taken Glenn Dorsey over Ryan. Also never thought Johnson would have such good seasons. Jury is still out on him though.
    Claim to fame: I thought D-Jax and Ray Rice would be huge steals in the 2nd round

Safest: Michael Crabtree
    Bust: Aaron Maybin

BB: Never thought Clay Matthews would be as dominant as he is.
    CtF: This is the draft i was most on point for. KNEW Aaron Curry would be a bust. Hated his production to what he was capable of at a school like Wake. Came way out of left field.

Safest: Suh/Eric Berry/ Maurkice Pouncey
    Bust: Tyson Alualu

BB: Really didnt like Earl Thomas coming out but hes turned into one of the leagues best safeties.
    CtF: None

Safest: Patrick Peterson/AJ Green
    Bust: Gabbert

BB: Aldon Smith.. thought he was too much of a 1 trick pony.
    CtF: Knew Gabbert was another Aaron Curry. All predraft hype.

Safest: Luck (obvious), David DeCastro
    Bust: Tannehil

2013:
    Safest: Star Lotulelei
    Bust: Matt Barkley

vCash
    damn man your pretty good you had all the safetst picks and bust picks right for every year lol

vCash
    Don't believe for one second that you "knew" Curry would bust.

vCash
    My recent blunders:

I thought Cam and RGIII would be awful. lolz@me

vCash
    I desperately wanted Jake Locker in '11. After the Titans grabbed him, I was glad we traded back out of #10 because I didn't want Watt. I'm a draft expert.

vCash
    In 2010 I did not want an offensive lineman at all. The Steelers OL is cursed and has injuries to three to five starters and one or two backups every year. At that time, none of their cornerbacks were playing all that well. Ike Taylor was his usual solid self, but he didn't become truly dominant until 2011. I really wanted Boise State's Kyle Wilson and was not happy when we took Maurkice Pouncey. I always thought he could have been improved on but didn't think Justin Hartwig was a huge problem at center that needed to be replaced immediately.

Pouncey is now arguably the most overrated player in the league and completely undeserving of any of his Pro Bowl or All Pro awards, but apparently a better pick than Kyle Wilson would have been. I was pretty wrong about that. Oops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I desperately wanted Jake Locker in '11. After the Titans grabbed him, I was glad we traded back out of #10 because I didn't want Watt. I'm a draft expert.
    lol i wanted kerrigan(close 2nd), Watt(was my guy) or Prince amukurama(Sorry if misspelled) over gabbert and up to this point all 3 of those players are clearly better than gabbert.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Seems like everyone on PSD is a revisionist draft expert and knew Curry would bust. If only these NFL teams had known all of these guys back then, they could have avoided putting Curry so high on their boards.

I don't know all the blunder and claim to fame stuff, but in 2006, I couldn't figure out why everyone loved Reggie Bush so much. I guess I probably would have had Leinart or Cutty as my #1 guy. 2007, thought Russell was a decent, not great #1 overall/franchise QB, Calvin Johnson and Gaines Adams had tons of raw potential, couldn't understand how Brady Quinn fell so hard. I really started following the draft strongly in 2008 because I joined PSD. I actually liked Ryan, and I thought it was weird on PSD that so many people disliked him as a QB prospect. Hated Darren McFadden and his chicken legs, also couldn't figure out why the Cowboys drafted Felix Jones in round 1. In 2009, I hated, and I mean hated, Mark Sanchez as a prospect. I could never figure it out, why everyone thought this guy should go top 5. Only a one year starter, didn't really show a ton of NFL-caliber tools in that one year. Just made no sense. Thought Josh Freeman was a great value for the Bucs, and thought the Raiders made an epicly lulzy pick with DHB at 7, when Crabtree went 10. Really liked Oher, didn't understand the Jason Smith hype. 2010 draft, loved Suh throughout the whole process (even beginning with his junior year, when he wasn't as talked about as McCoy), didn't like Bradford that much, obviously loved Spiller, thought the 49ers were dumb for taking a guard so high with Iupati, thought the Broncos were ****ing ******** for making Tebow a first rounder, hated fat **** Anthony Davis.

I'll forego answering on 2011 and 2012 because it's far too early to make many judgments on those classes.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I remember Peter King, pre-draft, writing that he wasn't a big fan of Curry. He went more specific but I think he said that he thought Curry had as much bust potential as everyone else thought he had star potential.

vCash
    Lol.......lulz

I literally cannot remember how I perfectly felt about guys but I know I haven't been 1/4 as accurate as most of you seem to be. I should stop watching football.

I DID think Luck and Patrick Peterson were two of the safest picks, just because those names reminded me. Well, PP anyways, can't forget Luck.

I highly doubt you considered Adrian Peterson a safe pick. That makes no sense. Willis wasn't even highly touted. I remember the lead up to the draft and he wasn't a guy that was being talked about a ton even.

Lots of revisionist history in this all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    My worst call is saying Newton was going to be a colossal bust and that I'd rather have Gabbert. Granted, right now Newton doesn't look as amazing as he did at this time last year, but I thought the Panthers were stupid for taking him at #1 over Patrick Peterson or AJ Green.

Two of my biggest hits were probably JJ Watt and Earl Thomas. I wanted the Jets to trade up so badly for those guys (although Mo Wilkerson isn't a bad consolation prize for Watt, considering how much it would have taken for the Jets to trade up).

I also thought the Dolphins were better off taking Jake Long than Matt Ryan.

vCash
    Some of my better ones at least for the Packers

I was stoked when we got both Hayward and Cobb. However, for Hayward I was more excited at what he could bring to the table as a potential Safety rather then a Nickel corner. Cobb I was excited about because he seemed so dangerous once you put the ball in his hands and I've been wanting the Packers to have a returner that once the ball was kicked off it brought you to the edge of your seat thinking about what he could possibly do.

I remember thinking that Myron Rolle was going to be a stud and didn't care what others thought, I also remember thinking that Everette Brown was going to be a good pass rusher in the NFL and that Cam Newton was going to be a bust. I thought the Panthers were utterly ******** to spend the #1 overall pick on a guy that had so few pass attempts at the collegiate level.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    haha completely agreed. As I read through this it seemed like he pointed out all the things he got right rather then what he got wrong and seemed to have some major bs in the entire post.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    haha completely agreed. As I read through this it seemed like he pointed out all the things he got right rather then what he got wrong and seemed to have some major bs in the entire post.
    Agreed thats why my post was sarcasm

vCash
    I also remember vehemently saying Jason Smith was a sure bust. I could not, for the life of me, figure out where the hype was coming from leading up to the draft, and why he was shooting up draft boards.