Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I may be wrong, but I read that as sarcasm. Tough to tell though.

Sounds like a pretty good hire. We've had a good start to the offseason.

-Stork
    I concur.

Anytime we can land coaches with coordinator/ head coach experience as a position coach, it helps a lot. I feel as if DA will be more organized and will have time to focus on what he's good at. It's all about making the job easier for the next person in all aspects of life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Another antagonistic comment. Shocking... What's wrong with having a successful former defensive coordinator being converted to a position coach? Curious who you would've preferred as the LB coach?
    Do you see the winking smilie on the botom of Fish's comment?

He's clearly being sarcastic.

vCash
    Solid coaching hire.. DL, LB success and did a decent job as a DC. A big plus for the Defense... I like the staff..have some okd schoolers with tons of experience and success to boot.. Not totally sold on Olson yet but who knows what can happen..its onky January..

Nice start to the offseason thus far..if our talent can equal that of the coaches, we will have a nice turnaround in 2013.

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Greg Olsen (OC) was underwhelming, but DA has done very well with his other hires.

I'm hoping this is a sign of what's to come. Maybe Oakland won't be viewed as the coaching graveyard it used to be? Qualified coaches might not hesitate to take Mark Davis' money in the future.
    Winning is the cure-all. Lol, deep, I know.

-Stork

vCash
    Do you see the winking smilie on the botom of Fish's comment?

He's clearly being sarcastic.
    Missed the smilie! I was thinking WTF? Kinda surprised somebody isn't venting because Ryan Nassib wasn't promoted to the position...

My bad.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    Seems like you judge without even doing much of a reading. Sure, he was with the Packers, but raiders didn't hire him as a DC, he is a position coach. If you quit whining and do a little more reading, you will realize that he is actually a good position coach. He did well with the Linebackers.
    that fools always *****ing! thanx for the words right outa me mouf
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
    ― André Gide, Autumn Leaves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic with him. From what I read about Bob Sanders, I am pleased with this hiring. He may have not done well as a DC, but he sure is a good LB coach. Same thing can be said about Sparano....he wasn't a great Coach or OC, but he is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL.
    I thought Fish was being sarcastic. Again though, could be wrong.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Winning is the cure-all. Lol, deep, I know.

-Stork
    After a 4-12 season, I would think it's just the opposite. If I was a coach, I would try to find a stable work environment where I am likely to find long-term employment. Dennis Allen might not survive a 6-10 season; the roster is depleted, the offense is undergoing a blocking transformation... and qualified coaches are still coming to Oakland?

Hell, coaches were leery of the Raiders in 2010, when a supposedly weak head coach (Cable) was replaced after an 8-8 season with a talented roster.

Al's gone and coaches seem willing to come to Oakland.

It might be my imagination, but it's a good sign to see former head coaches, coordinators, etc, taking lateral moves to work under McKenzie and DA.

vCash
    Wait and see on all new coaches & progress of current staff.�� Must get 9 wins for DA to stay.It begins with FA & Draft ..no more excuses for RM & DA

vCash
    ^ I will never understand this attitude. 9 wins really? do you want any kind of stability in franchise. My god some here just want to keep shooting at the wall intil something works or what? I mean the HC but now the GM after one year is already talking about be fired? lol come on guys

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    I like it... Looks like experience is the theme RM is going for. This will help a lot. DA, and Tarver will have a lot of experience to pull on.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    I like the hire as well. I like the experience he brings to the linebacking core. Some very nice hires by Allen this offseason.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-25-2013 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    I like this hire. All four hires im happy with. No head scratchers. Sanders experience as a DC could help Tarver a lot. His GB teams were at the top of Ints and TO's, something we need badly, so i can only imagine that Tarver pick his brain on improving in that area. Bobby April is a big plus. And im excited with the moves on the offensive side. Hopefully Saunders stays on staff. With the trio of Olson, Sparano and Saunders i can see a lot of creative plays next season.

vCash
    After a 4-12 season, I would think it's just the opposite. If I was a coach, I would try to find a stable work environment where I am likely to find long-term employment. Dennis Allen might not survive a 6-10 season; the roster is depleted, the offense is undergoing a blocking transformation... and qualified coaches are still coming to Oakland?

Hell, coaches were leery of the Raiders in 2010, when a supposedly weak head coach (Cable) was replaced after an 8-8 season with a talented roster.

Al's gone and coaches seem willing to come to Oakland.

It might be my imagination, but it's a good sign to see former head coaches, coordinators, etc, taking lateral moves to work under McKenzie and DA.

Very good indicator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    Wait and see on all new coaches & progress of current staff.�� Must get 9 wins for DA to stay.It begins with FA & Draft ..no more excuses for RM & DA
    I don't think it will take 9 wins for DA to stay. I could see as little as 6 wins as long as the team shows signs of improvement. As long as the team is competitive in a lot of close games say for example less then a TD average and the team is showing fight and improvement I think 6+ wins gets DA one more year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast