Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    After a 4-12 season, I would think it's just the opposite. If I was a coach, I would try to find a stable work environment where I am likely to find long-term employment. Dennis Allen might not survive a 6-10 season; the roster is depleted, the offense is undergoing a blocking transformation... and qualified coaches are still coming to Oakland?

Hell, coaches were leery of the Raiders in 2010, when a supposedly weak head coach (Cable) was replaced after an 8-8 season with a talented roster.

Al's gone and coaches seem willing to come to Oakland.

It might be my imagination, but it's a good sign to see former head coaches, coordinators, etc, taking lateral moves to work under McKenzie and DA.
    My thoughts especially after the sparano hire.....I think by next year word will be out this a good team to wrk for

GREW UP IN THE 909 NOW RESIDES IN THE 805
    vCash
    dude calm down...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I thought Fish was being sarcastic. Again though, could be wrong.

-Stork
    Was being very sarcastic; hence, the

I'm very impressed with what we have done this offseason, even though I am ambivalent about Olsen.

The sarcasm was directed at those that ***** about every hire or pickup tht has GB ties. We'd be so lucky to have their success as of late. To those whom did not get it... LOLOLOLOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Missed the smilie! I was thinking WTF? Kinda surprised somebody isn't venting because Ryan Nassib wasn't promoted to the position...

My bad.
    All good bro =]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN
    #Raiders hire former #Bills assistant Bob Sanders as linebackers coach. #RaidersTalk

Held same position in Buffalo last year. Former Green Bay and Buffalo defensive coordinator.
    All these hires mean NOTHING unless we get Nassib...........................sarcasm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I don't think it will take 9 wins for DA to stay. I could see as little as 6 wins as long as the team shows signs of improvement. As long as the team is competitive in a lot of close games say for example less then a TD average and the team is showing fight and improvement I think 6+ wins gets DA one more year.
    Agreed, this is a 3 year min project. The only thing is see as a problem is if the offense is terrible again an we win four games. I could see him getting fired after that, but I dont see it happening. Olsen might suck, but Knapp was a special kind of stupid. The last few hires have been excellent and we will see a benefit as we fill our team with good players.

I see us as a 6-8 win team that plays their heart out next year. Just like the last 3 years, all depends on DMC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    All these hires mean NOTHING unless we get Nassib...........................sarcasm
    I heard he is skipping the combine. Chuck Norris needed a training partner and called him.

vCash
    Great, now someone go find this guy a Mike linebacker that he can use.

In fact, all the major coaching staffs spots are filled. Now start shredding this roster and go find some talent!

With the exception of Seabass, Veldheer, and Wiz, I give a rat's *** about anyone else getting dropped from this team.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    No offence to the late great Al Davis,but half the time coach's like the ones we have hired would steer well clear of the organization in the past.Just glad the doors have been opened again
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 01-25-2013 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    I am excited about this coaching staff and next season already. We haven't even had free agency or the draft yet!

vCash
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-26-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    I was excited as soon as i heard it was official Knapp was relieved of his duties, im beyond ecstatic now. Lol
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Maxfly: All these hires mean NOTHING unless we get Nassib

Good for you Max, you`re beginning to think.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-25-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    After a 4-12 season, I would think it's just the opposite. If I was a coach, I would try to find a stable work environment where I am likely to find long-term employment. Dennis Allen might not survive a 6-10 season; the roster is depleted, the offense is undergoing a blocking transformation... and qualified coaches are still coming to Oakland?

Hell, coaches were leery of the Raiders in 2010, when a supposedly weak head coach (Cable) was replaced after an 8-8 season with a talented roster.

Al's gone and coaches seem willing to come to Oakland.

It might be my imagination, but it's a good sign to see former head coaches, coordinators, etc, taking lateral moves to work under McKenzie and DA.

Kinda my thoughts to. but also these guys know some of those new HC's won't be there in 2 years, so if you can bring your unit from the bottom to a top ten, or even better your unit is the teams difference maker, it can land you a HC gig.

but it is nice to see some coaches coming over, it's a good sign.

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    I like the hire, DA really recovered from the Olson hiring.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast