Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love Kyrie and do think he deserved it. It also helps that he's in the JV East. Clearly not making it out West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    He plays with arguably the worst talent in the NBA.
    You mean Andy V plays with some of the worst talent in the NBA. Now he's out and Cleveland is the worst team in the NBA again.

vCash
    top 5 PG in the league...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    You mean Andy V plays with some of the worst talent in the NBA. Now he's out and Cleveland is the worst team in the NBA again.
    Hahah Right, cause with no Kyrie that team would've coasted to the 8 seed!

There is the fact that they went 2-9 with no Kyrie in the lineup this year, but whatevs.

vCash
    because kyrie irving is good? and brandon jennings is so so? jennings is a streak shooter, kyrie has a legit all around game, and within the next 5 years will probably surpass rondo and cp3 ( not saying better than cp3's prime just saying at that time) for best pg in the league

vCash
    When you see Kyrie Irving play you say to your self that's an all-star. You get the feeling he'd be doing that as a number 1 or 2 option on a good team as well. i think he deserved the nod. Whereas when you see say a Brandon Jennings play, u say that's a good player but u don't necessarily think all-star right away.

vCash
    because he's ****ing good. and a young rising star.

vCash
    Anyone thats seen a single Cavs game this year already knows why. Thats not even counting his stats. And the only reservation from him is his assist average and that comes from incompetent teammates missing when he sets them up. I said last year, Kyrie has the talent to average 25 and 10 later on in his career. He is a top 3 point guard right now, and will be the top by the end of next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Because he's a flashy player and coaches want to throw CLeveland a bone for what happened to Varajeo.
    He's also better than any Net player.

Seriously, yall are only complaining because you haven't seen much of the Cavs. Aside from Irving, especially with Varejao gone, that team is TERRIBLE. Irving is very, very good and is likely one year removed from being elite.

vCash
    Because he destroyed Wall in the Fresh vs Soph draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Kevin Love was making All-Star teams wasn't he?
    Love wasn't voted in, and was an injury replacement the year he was putting up historic numbers never seen before (20/15/40%) after many in the media made a huge fuss over him being snubbed, and his team was in the playoff seeding last year at this time. Kyrie goes against the norm, he missed a bunch of games, and plays on an awful team. Its obvious his hype and media coverage helped his case here. The OP has a point, just didn't make it very clear. Usually, to make the all star team if you are on a doormat team, you need ridiculous numbers, and while Irving's numbers are good, he missed games, and they aren't blowing anyone away.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 01-25-2013 at 05:09 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think bad teams don't deserve to have a Allstars I don't care how flashy or good the player is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Also, people should really only bring up team records if it correlates with the players strength.

Like the Bucks are better than the Cavs, but thats entirely due to their defense, which is mostly the result of their surprising frontcourt/depth.

Its true that Jennings and Ellis carry the offense, but the Cavs offense is actually better than the Bucks.

So unless you can think the teams defense being superior to the Cavs has alot to do with BJ, you shouldn't be bringing up team records. Kyrie is actually producing on a better offensive team.

Seems to me the only reason the Bucks have a better record is because they have better defenders. Whereas Kyrie is getting more out of his teammates offensively, but lack the bigs/depth to really hold it down on defense.
    sure, but you know that is not how the voting goes dude. Record absolutely means something, even if it shouldn't.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    I think bad teams don't deserve to have a Allstars I don't care how flashy or good the player is.
    then you fall in line with the majority of voters who continually shun better players that happen to have far less talent around them..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King Drew View Post
    anyone who says irving doesn't deserve to be an all star is ******** .... hes a beast with a well under 500 team to support him
    I am not disagreeing with you guys here, I am simply stating that the norm would exclude Kyrie. Usually players on terrible teams get overlooked, unless they are putting up stats that blow your mind. These players can even be better than half the all star team, but they usually get overlooked.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast