Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by porterpotty28 View Post
    Laughton plus a first plus whichever crap prospects you want, i dont care...thats fine. Looking around the league, how many teams will buck up for this kid and have the prospects to get him? Im not counting many...maybe the islanders trade nino neiderreiter bc hes unhappy?? Even then...hes been a dud. I guess I dont see too many clubs that have good prospects at their disposal, especially with the new CBA tinkering the cap.
    Almost any team could match Laughton and your table scrapes. You think Pittsburgh or NY wouldn't give up a couple of those young defenseman to keep Subban away from Philly? Make no mistake about it, Subban costs us Couts or Schenn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Almost any team could match Laughton and your table scrapes. You think Pittsburgh or NY wouldn't give up a couple of those young defenseman to keep Subban away from Philly? Make no mistake about it, Subban costs us Couts or Schenn
    Or....the Flyers could make a move for a guy like Lubo from NYI. He's suspended by the club I believe....perhaps they'd be willing to budge on price (I think they traded a second rounder for him)...a third rounder from us and maybe a prospect or two, and perhaps we can pry him away.

It's not like he'll be around for a long time or the Isles plan on competing for anything other than last place for awhile, so they shouldn't care.

vCash
    Laughton plus a first plus whichever crap prospects you want, i dont care...thats fine. Looking around the league, how many teams will buck up for this kid and have the prospects to get him? Im not counting many...maybe the islanders trade nino neiderreiter bc hes unhappy?? Even then...hes been a dud. I guess I dont see too many clubs that have good prospects at their disposal, especially with the new CBA tinkering the cap.
    I don't think you really understand the value of young defenseman that have shown elite talent. They are in extremely high demand and i'd be willing to bet half the teams in the NHL would match that offer to try and get this kid

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    As I said in another thread. Laughton, Bourdon, and a pick but I don't the Habs will take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I get your line of thinking, but I don't see any team making a deal just to keep a player from someone else's roster. Sure, you'd rather not see a team in your division get better but with a cap in place you cant make a deal from playing a Defensive GMing deal. Subban's a nice player, but he's not in that "OMG, we can't afford to play against him for the next 5 years" category. We've played against him before and did pretty well so I can't imagine NY or Pitt is quaking in their boots about us having him.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I get your line of thinking, but I don't see any team making a deal just to keep a player from someone else's roster. Sure, you'd rather not see a team in your division get better but with a cap in place you cant make a deal from playing a Defensive GMing deal. Subban's a nice player, but he's not in that "OMG, we can't afford to play against him for the next 5 years" category. We've played against him before and did pretty well so I can't imagine NY or Pitt is quaking in their boots about us having him.....

I was laughing when I read the defense thing....pretty funny.

If this were the case, where were all the teams **** blocking the flyers from getting the BEST defenseman in the league when they offer sheeted weber??? No where to be found, to my recollection...

vCash
    I was laughing when I read the defense thing....pretty funny.

If this were the case, where were all the teams **** blocking the flyers from getting the BEST defenseman in the league when they offer sheeted weber??? No where to be found, to my recollection...
    Same concept as Nash going to the Rangers. Would we rather have him NOT gone to the Rangers? Absolutely. But at the same time we couldn't make a trade for him that didn't make total sense for our team just so they didnt' get him. You have to make a decision to let the other team take that risk. If Nash isn't a beast for the next several years then at some point the size of his salary will prevent them from filling a hole somewhere. In the salary cap world no team will ever be able to have enough legitimate superstars to scare another organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    As I said in another thread. Laughton, Bourdon, and a pick but I don't the Habs will take it.
    That's scraps. You could get away with a Couts and scraps or a Schenn and scraps but Laughton's value isn't near that high yet. Couts and Schenn have last season, and specifically, last year's playoff run, under their belt. Laughton has proven he's probably NHL caliber in 4 games, but that's only a small addition to his value.

Flat out, it's got to be something like Laughton + 2 first round picks (maybe an add-on, as well), or Couts/Schenn + a little, at least at this juncture.

I love Subban but I don't see us pulling a trade on him.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Laughton + 2 firsts + MAB/Gus? Sure. Done. I see no reason not to make that deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Laughton + 2 firsts + MAB/Gus? Sure. Done. I see no reason not to make that deal.
    And even then I think it's probably weak, but it's at least something that Montreal won't laugh their *** of at.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I'm OK with going in low....the only thing our first offer needs to do is get a call back. After that, I have faith in Homer to beg/borrow/steal/swindle his way into a great deal for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12